PDA

View Full Version : CPFC Transfers + Contracts Policy

Icarus
18-01-2005, 03:22 PM
It's about time that the Directors and Chairman of the club get their act together regarding transfers and contracts of players. For too long we have acted so ineptly when dealing with players. I know Mr Jordan et al has issues with agents though this is 2005 and agents are (unfortunately) part of football nowadays. Now it looks like we are going to lose quite a bit of money for Wayne when quite frankly this should have been sorted out by the end of last season and if he didn't sign then, then he should have been sold. This would obviously question his loyalty and dedication to the club al la AJ, instead of playing with kid gloves trying to keep him happy to ensure he signs a new deal before too long, this happened with Morrison now Routledge.

Then there's the issue of Freedmans and Granvilles contract I'm sure these guys are laughing al the way to the bank. Now we are playing (losing)patience in the current transfer windows and hoping to get a few names 'over the line' though I fear as the deadline hour passes ID stating 'well we tried.........' Cmon SJ, Bob et al if you want some help send some boys round with a few baseball bats though one last thing........ .......sort it out!

BW_Palace
18-01-2005, 03:24 PM
this happened with Morrison now Routledge.

The Morrison deal didn't turn out too badly. :p

bald-eagle
18-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Dowie (both Iain and Bob), Jordan and the players are living and working in the real world, many fans, including many BBS'ers doon't appear to...... IMO :bash:

DANCOO
18-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
The Morrison deal didn't turn out too badly. :p

More luck than judgment.

MartinE
18-01-2005, 04:06 PM
What gives you the right to slag off someone who has put the amount of money Simon Jordan has into the club without having a clue what goes on behind the scenes. If they'd sold Routledge to Spurs on deadline day we'd have had no time to buy a replacement. I don't see how we're supposed to have lost money on someone who came through our youth system. Be realistic, we still have a chance of staying up and any Palace fan with any sense would have taken any kind of survival with both hands in August. We've been in administration once and don't want to be there again!

WorthingEagle
18-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by MartinE
We've been in administration once and don't want to be there again!

And paying our fifth-choice striker 25,000 a week is exactly how we'll end up there again!

Icarus
18-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by MartinE
What gives you the right to slag off someone who has put the amount of money Simon Jordan has into the club without having a clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Please re-read my post.

I am and would not slag off anyone from CPFC all I'm saying that our transfers and contracts history certaintainly leave a lot to be desired. There have been mistakes in the past as other clubs have also experienced though we seem to get bitten over and over again by letting players walk away at the end of their contracts. I think the world of SJ, BD + ID and admire their stance on quite a few issues though IMHO need to be more astute with their dealings.

To put it in laymans' terms 'If I love certain people it doesn't mean I like everything they do.......... '

Stockport_Eagle
18-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Agree with the sentiment, however I am as frustrated as the next person and keep telling myself to be patient.

The only issue I really hope is true is when ID/SJ say they are 'learning'. In my view it is very easy to say you are learning and not actually change anything you actually do.

PalaceFan in Alabama
18-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Stockport_Eagle
The only issue I really hope is true is when ID/SJ say they are 'learning'. In my view it is very easy to say you are learning and not actually change anything you actually do.

Has anything really change since the start of the season ? Same old system, never the same five on the bench. They are in a business that 'demands' change or you are left behind and i feel as we are losing our way.
I had faith with their approach during the first transfer window, not jumping in and spending money hand over foot, and I was hoping for some evidence that they both had a better understanding of what is needed, but I feel they are both playing Nero :bash:

GUCCI Eagle
18-01-2005, 05:01 PM
They should pay Dougie 50,000 a week just for the goal he scored against Stockport.

Clapham Grand
18-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
They should pay Dougie 50,000 a week just for the goal he scored against Stockport.

I'm glad you're not running the club then;)

Sussex Eagle
18-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
I'm glad you're not running the club then;)

Yeah, it would be much smarter to give him a lump-sum payment of say 5 million, then keep him on a normal kinda contract. That way we'll owe him less when he sends us into administration single-handed, as some people seem to believe will be happening in a week or two :p

75points
18-01-2005, 10:30 PM
If DG was given a fair run and he couldn't hack it - I think you'll find he'll move on . He also remains our insurance policy in case we go down . Something to be said for loyalty ( wayne)

Stockport_Eagle
18-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Has anything really change since the start of the season ? Same old system, never the same five on the bench. They are in a business that 'demands' change or you are left behind and i feel as we are losing our way.
I had faith with their approach during the first transfer window, not jumping in and spending money hand over foot, and I was hoping for some evidence that they both had a better understanding of what is needed, but I feel they are both playing Nero :bash:
Not sure we're losing our way, but it seems fairly clear that in the summer SJ/ID found the transfer market a different and much tougher animal as a new premiership club than a Nationwide club. They've then had four month's to reflect on their experiences and still seem to be having the same problems.

Icarus
19-01-2005, 09:22 PM
This season is so important for us, If we could somehow avoid relegation then this club wil be going places whereas if we go down then it will have massive implications to the future ambitions of our club. On that basis I'm ok with the delayed transfer saga in the hope that we get it right (though we'll never know until 4 months time). So take your time SJ, BD + ID just get it right please, all this is stressing me and if we still don't make it then I for one will have a crap summer. Fingers crossed

Freddy Kurz
19-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 75points
If DG was given a fair run and he couldn't hack it - I think you'll find he'll move on . He also remains our insurance policy in case we go down . Something to be said for loyalty ( wayne)

We've only got 15 Premier League games left. Dowie knows all about
Freedman and doesn't think he can play at Premier League level, which
is why he offered the player a chance of going out on loan to a lower League club. We can be fairly sure we would loan him out to the
other club at well below his current wages, which would mean him getting his full wages, but we could reduce our wage bill by the
other club's contribution, thus allowing us to use the money we
save to bring in another player on loan.
If Freedman is as loyal to CPFC as many suggest, what is stopping
him going out on loan?

andy m
21-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Why should he go out on loan? Dowie may be of the opinion that Dougie can't cut it in the Premiership, but he thought that about Hughes and Aki, and it wasn't until they came into the side and he stopped playing Hall in their place that things started to pick up. Once Dougie's been given a fair go THEN he should go on loan if things haven't worked out. However, if he wants to get into the first team then there's nothing better than being under the managers nose day in day out in training. He will know that, unless he has had the chance to do well in our first team, a move on loan back to the first division will only be a pre-curser to a permanent move.

Beanie
21-01-2005, 03:14 PM
It seems to me that Palace's transfer policy is to look for players who will improve the squad and try to sign them, and not sign players who wouldn't improve the squad. Seems a reasonable policy to me.

As for contracts - they seem to offer the best deals we can afford to the players we need to keep but not break the bank for anybody, which also seems okay. The problem with contracts is that they have a long life. A mistake made 2/3 years ago can come back to haunt us. Personally I don't believe the rumours about Dougie, but if it is true it dates back to the early days of SJ when mistakes were made.

As for agents - we've signed or resigned nearly 20 players in the last year or so and SJ has dealt with their agents. In three cases there have been problems - all with the same agent or at least the same company. Coincidence?

Personally I'd rather saee Palace hold onto the cash if they can't get the right player now and spend it for next season, be that another Premiership season or a shot at instant promotion.

Icarus
21-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Beanie

As for agents - we've signed or resigned nearly 20 players in the last year or so and SJ has dealt with their agents. In three cases there have been problems - all with the same agent or at least the same company. Coincidence?

Personally I'd rather saee Palace hold onto the cash if they can't get the right player now and spend it for next season, be that another Premiership season or a shot at instant promotion. [/B]

So are you saying that SJ was right not to pay the little bit extra for Cahill? Personally I feel we should of paid up to 2M more and he'd still be a bargain, exactly what we need(ed)!

Trolley
22-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I shall of course ascertain today the latest and up-to-date position apropos any possible transfer activity and if possible (or permitted !)MIGHT be able to divulge some details later in the day.

;)

TheCharmer
22-01-2005, 11:00 AM
as long as it s name s rather than just innuendo Trolley, there s a good chap.

howard
22-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Isn't Innuendo out on loan at Cardiff;)

Beanie
22-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Icarus
So are you saying that SJ was right not to pay the little bit extra for Cahill? Personally I feel we should of paid up to 2M more and he'd still be a bargain, exactly what we need(ed)!
Personally yes, I think he was right, in fact I think the money ultimately wouldn't have made any difference. If SJ had agreed to pay the guy for doing nothing some other problem would have arisen, but that wasn't really the point. The point was that of all the agents around SJ has only had real problems with one agent/company. He may not like any of them, but he can and does do business with the vast majority.

Icarus
23-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
I shall of course ascertain today the latest and up-to-date position apropos any possible transfer activity and if possible (or permitted !)MIGHT be able to divulge some details later in the day.

;)

Well we're waiting Trolley ol boy........... .........or was it hot air?

Gollum
23-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Well we're waiting Trolley ol boy........... .........or was it hot air?

Hot air from a ficticious creation..... sounds like a biological impossibility.....

Icarus
24-01-2005, 07:23 AM
I'd be really surprised if we signed anyone at all now - you heard it here first, this is CPFC. Supporting CP is surely bad for your health?

Icarus
29-01-2005, 12:00 AM
I just can't believe the inactions of the Palace board we must surely be the laughing stock of the premier league regarding transfers. Does the board seriously think we have an adequate squad to cope with the remaining games and avoid relegation? Really starting to p!$$ me off :veryangry

Random*
29-01-2005, 01:50 AM
I just can't believe the inactions of the Palace board we must surely be the laughing stock of the premier league regarding transfers. Does the board seriously think we have an adequate squad to cope with the remaining games and avoid relegation? Really starting to p!$$ me off :veryangry

Attitudes like yours are what is starting to annoy me.

No, I don't think ANYONE here thinks that our squad is good enough to maintain Premiership status. But we quite simply can't sign anyone who would improve it either.

The players that we need are 'Premiership Class' players. Those players (a) command Premiership money, and (b) expect to play Premiership football. At 4th from bottom, we look like we have a high possibility of not playing Premiership football next year. To keep the club on an even keel we have to sign players with a clause in their contract that drops their wage if we go down, which means that we cannot guarantee Premiership money, or Premiership football.

It's not about not wanting it enough, or SJ being stingy, or even his dislike of agents. It's the fact that we're at the arse end of the Premier league.

You seem to have plenty of criticisms. Do you have any solutions?

Selhurst300
29-01-2005, 08:50 AM

We have an adequate squad and a brilliant manager to get us to fourth from bottom in the Premiership, given that is where we are now.
My expectation at the start of the season was relegation, with survival as a bonus.
If we spend vast sums of money now and still get relegated, we then have the problem of still having Premiership outgoings with Football League income. The situation that we're in is not one where we have an infinite pot of money that we can spend, with that pot always being there. From a business perspective, football clubs are one of the most difficult ones to run because of the uncertainties and the step changes in income that can occur.

Icarus
29-01-2005, 07:54 PM
http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=252826&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=3&title=Baggies+land+United+starlet&channel=Premiership

This just adds to my point as Every other team knows what a crucial opportunity this is to secure long/short term acquisitions to their squad in the attempt to avoid the drop yet we that is CPFC just sit back and wait and wait then when it all falls through give the fans some crap and lame excuses. I bet they're already working on their 'just tried to get body's over the line and we were unfortunate as etc etc etc. I'm tired of excuses now I just want the truth. Our transfers or less of them have made us a complete joke, I just can't fathom the stance of CPFC and I'm feeling that there is a major problem brewing between Messrs. Jordan and the Dowies'I hope I'm wrong though something is definately afoot.

I accept there's not going to be any transfers just anticipating the fallout!

Icarus
31-01-2005, 06:47 PM
WE ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. EVEN DARLINGTON SIGNED BOBBY PETTA AND WE NEED HIM MORE THAN THEM! CAN I BE THE FIRST TO SING 'SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE BOARD!':veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :bash: :bash: :bash: