CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   bitcoin (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241915)

FraserH 11-04-2013 04:51 PM

Yes mate put me down.

Saves me having to fanny around myself.

wavey 11-04-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_uk
LOL

So far in:

wavey
SEEPEEEFFSEE
Cake and Eat It

I'll be taking payment via Paypal as I presume most people have that, or bank transfer if you prefer.

7 places left

PayPal works for me.

dannyb1 11-04-2013 05:03 PM

Very off topic but maybe something else to consider investing money in http://www.ibtimes.com/14-stocks-wat...-legal-1184277 and if it becomes legal there then you can bet for sure we will follow suit.

Dave 11-04-2013 05:05 PM

in

wavey 11-04-2013 05:09 PM

This guy doesn't seem to think much of it...

http://http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/view_from_chicago/2013/04/bitcoin_is_a_ponzi_scheme_the_internet_currency_wi ll_collapse.html

It is a fair assessment?

Russ_uk 11-04-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FraserH
Yes mate put me down.

Saves me having to fanny around myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
in

Both Added :)

Once we get 10 people, I'll starting taking payments and we'll make a start.

So far in:

wavey
SEEPEEEFFSEE
Cake and Eat It
FraserH
Dave

5 places left - 20 per spot

Feel free to post/PM me any queries, questions etc

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!

P.S - This is just a bit of fun for those interested in seeing what Bitcoin can do.

Russ_uk 11-04-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavey

Bitcoin is NOT a Ponzi scheme by it's very nature, Ponzi's use deposits to payout returns - until the tank is empty of course. Which Bitcoin doesn't.

Check out Max Keiser for someone who knows what there taking about regarding BTC :)

StudentEagle 11-04-2013 05:48 PM

Go on then, can't do any harm

FraserH 11-04-2013 05:48 PM

Shame we didnt put this plan into action a few days ago, we could have got some really low prices today!

You have an strategy in mind russ or are we just going to lump straight in when we have the funds together?

Russ_uk 11-04-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StudentEagle
Go on then, can't do any harm

Added :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FraserH
Shame we didnt put this plan into action a few days ago, we could have got some really low prices today!

You have an strategy in mind russ or are we just going to lump straight in when we have the funds together?

Yeah, it would of been good to start this earlier but this is a good a time as ever.

As far as a strategy goes, Once funds have been collected and exchanged to BTC's (can be a pain at times and can take 24/48 hours sometimes) I'll divide the investment between BTC's and LTC's, whatever is performing best. and we'll let it ride chopping and changing as the market dictates.

Of course if anyone in the group comes up with any ideas on how to increase our profit we certainly can consider it.

And If anyone doesn't like the way the market is going or wants to drop out at anytime I'll gladly give him/her their invest back...So it's 100% risk free :)

Russ_uk 11-04-2013 06:05 PM

Right I'm off out or a few hours, I'll be back online tonight to see how this thread has progressed..

Here's the deal once again:

*CPFC.ORG BTC investment fund*

Each person chips in 20 - Something small so it's just a bit of fun.

We'll pool the money and buy some of these ridiculously cheap bitcoins and see where it takes us.

Although this should be seen as a long term investment, as the stake involved will be very low, no one will be left out of pocket - I'll guarantee all deposits myself, so anyone can cash out 100% of their investment at anytime.

We can fine tune the details later...

I think 10 people at 20 a pop would be a good start! That'll be a nice $300 +/- to play with.

Better start quick though!

Once we get 10 people, I'll starting taking payments and we'll make a start.

So far in:

wavey
SEEPEEEFFSEE
Cake and Eat It
FraserH
Dave
StudentEagle

4 places left - 20 per spot

If we get more then 10 people interested, then we'll go to 15, 20 etc - Let's give it a little time to see what happens

Feel free to post/PM me any Ideas/queries/questions etc

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!

P.S - This is just a bit of fun for those interested in seeing what Bitcoin can do with virtually nothing to lose and plenty to gain :)

FraserH 11-04-2013 06:38 PM

Sounds bang on to me, good work Russ!

Psychokiller 11-04-2013 06:40 PM

I'm in.

Pidster 11-04-2013 09:00 PM

Why not. I'm in.

This time , next year , Rodney.

Justin 11-04-2013 09:06 PM

Nice to see all Maggies children piling in to this latest bubble. Previously there has been an Empowerment of Women Pyramid scheme but think this is a far more fitting tribute in the week of her death.

Ps. I trust you will all pax taxes on the gains but don't think that will be an issue.

west country boy 11-04-2013 09:10 PM

Russ_uk is the John Law of the BBS.

EagleinOz 11-04-2013 09:14 PM

In

Dave 11-04-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin
Nice to see all Maggies children piling in to this latest bubble. Previously there has been an Empowerment of Women Pyramid scheme but think this is a far more fitting tribute in the week of her death.

Ps. I trust you will all pax taxes on the gains but don't think that will be an issue.

It's incredibly telling, your hostility

dbutler 11-04-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob
I think it is important to understand what it is. Courtesy of Wikipedia:-

Bitcoin (sign: BTC) is a decentralized digital currency[9][10] based on an open-source,[11] peer-to-peer internet protocol. It was introduced by a pseudonymous developer named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009.[12]

Bitcoins can be exchanged through a computer or smartphone locally or internationally without an intermediate financial institution.[13] In trade, one bitcoin is subdivided into 100 million smaller units called satoshis, defined by eight decimal points.[4]

Bitcoin is not managed like typical currencies: it has no central bank or central organization. Instead, it relies on an internet-based peer-to-peer network. The money supply is automated and given to servers or "bitcoin miners" that confirm bitcoin transactions as they add them to a decentralized and archived transaction log approximately every 10 minutes.

The transaction log is authenticated by end-users through hashed ECDSA digital signatures (similar to a username and password) and added to through calculations of varying difficulty, performed by dedicated servers called bitcoin miners. Each 10-minute portion or "block" of the transaction log has an assigned amount of bitcoins that is awarded to miners (who can then sell them at their discretion) once it is added to the log and confirmed by other miners. The amount of bitcoins per addition depends on how long the network has been running and how much in transaction fees has been paid. Currently, 25 new bitcoins are generated with every 10-minute block. This will be halved to 12.5 BTC during the year 2017 and halved continuously every 4 years after until a hard limit of 21 million bitcoins is reached during the year 2140.[1][12]

Bitcoin is the most widely used alternative currency[3][14] and accepted by various merchants and services internationally. As of March 2013, the monetary base of bitcoin is valued at over $1 billion USD.[15][16][17] The large fluctuations in the dollar value of bitcoin has evoked criticism of bitcoin's economic suitability and legitimacy as a currency.[18][19]

So that is all clear now...........

Can Maggies funeral be paid in bitcoins ?

west country boy 11-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
It's incredibly telling, your hostility

You are the Tony Blair de nos jours :(