CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   bitcoin (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241915)

Icy 11-04-2013 09:45 PM

Mate at work has been banging on about this. I'm in to give it a try :)

IW_Eagle 11-04-2013 10:31 PM

I'm in.

Thanks

Isle of Wight 11-04-2013 10:45 PM

I'm in if theres a slot left

simplex 11-04-2013 10:47 PM

Let me know if there's room

SamuelCPFC 11-04-2013 10:58 PM

In if there's room.

Ridcully 11-04-2013 11:01 PM

Me too

SamuelCPFC 11-04-2013 11:01 PM

Relevant xkcd:

http://i.imgur.com/SVaqE0v.png

Russ_uk 12-04-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin
Nice to see all Maggies children piling in to this latest bubble. Previously there has been an Empowerment of Women Pyramid scheme but think this is a far more fitting tribute in the week of her death.

Ps. I trust you will all pax taxes on the gains but don't think that will be an issue.

Ah Justin, you really are a glass is half empty kinda guy aren't you?

Were talking about having a bit of fun for a 20 investment here, were not asking people to re-mortgage there houses over this - Lighten up fella ;)

Women Empowering Women was a Blatant Ponzi/Pyramid scheme, Here's some interesting reading for you to show why Bitcoin ISN'T one

Is Bitcoin a Ponzi Scheme?

Why Bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme (or ponzi scheme)

This is also a good image which gives you some idea of the possibilities - Theoretical of course.

Russ_uk 12-04-2013 03:01 AM

Anyway, back to bitcoin business.....

Firstly, WOW This has taken off rather nicely :)

Lets tally up those who are on board so far: (If I've missed anyone out, Lemme know.)

The BBS BTC Investment Fund

wavey
SEEPEEEFFSEE
Cake and Eat It
FraserH
Dave
StudentEagle
Psychokiller
Pidster
EagleinOz
Icy
IW_Eagle
Isle of Wight
simplex
SamuelCPFC
Ridcully
Travelcard
Keele Eagle

- If I've missed anyone out, Lemme know.

17 People so far, excellent! But It would be better & easier if we could hit 20 to keep the numbers simple (5% each) So I'll let the invitation roll on for a little longer, maybe to the end of Friday....But 20 people WILL be the limit.

So with that said, we have a MAXIMUM of 3 spaces left @ 20 per spot (Just post on this thread if your interested)

This is how we'll get things moving:

On Saturday If we've got the required amount of people I'll PM all involved with details of how to pay your 20 stake. This will be via Paypal or UK bank deposit, either will suffice.

Once all is money is received - Hopefully by Monday - I'll transfer all the funds into my business account and purchase the Bitcoins

As soon as thats done, I'll post back here to let you all know exact amount of BTC's we have purchased along with all the facts and figures etc.

From there on we'll see where the market takes us....

Reminder: Although this should be seen as a long term investment, as the stake involved are very low, no one will be left out of pocket - I'll guarantee all deposits myself for a period of time, so anyone can cash out 100% of their investment if they feel the need.

Again, as the initial investment is so low this should be classed as a bit of fun for those interested in seeing what Bitcoin can do with virtually nothing to lose but potentially plenty to gain.

3 spaces left...

So for the price of a couple of pints and takeaway what have you got to lose :p

As ever, any questions/queries just post here or PM me.

IW_Eagle 12-04-2013 03:12 AM

Can we invest in more than one stake if we don't get the numbers? I am happy to invest in more stake/s

Russ_uk 12-04-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IW_Eagle
Can we take more than one stake if we don't the numbers? I am happy to invest in more stake/s

Ideally it'll be great if we put in the same amount and all have an equal stake, but if we're a few people short I don't see why not....Lets wait and see.

IW_Eagle 12-04-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_uk
Ideally it'll be great if we put in the same amount and all have an equal stake, but if we're a few people short I don't see why not....Lets wait and see.

Agreed. We should easily get another 5 people

Russ_uk 12-04-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IW_Eagle
Agreed. We should easily get another 5 people

Only 4 needed now :p

But you never know someone might drop out at the last minute.

Keele Eagle 12-04-2013 03:32 AM

I'm interested to see how this works, count me in if there is space.

Russ_uk 12-04-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keele Eagle
I'm interested to see how this works, count me in if there is space.

Your in :)

I've added you to the list. (See a few posts above)

I'm off to bed now (4:38 am here) I'll return tomorrow and hopefully we'll hit the 20!

Anyone else interested you better be quick...

Only 3 spaces left now!

congress 12-04-2013 04:48 AM

Is it 20 maximum input count me in please :)

HOPE 12-04-2013 05:10 AM

Count me in please if you still have room cheers :p

Goldberg Basher 12-04-2013 05:23 AM

If there's space I'm in.

humpo 12-04-2013 06:14 AM

I'm game, but I think I missed the cut :(

ExeterEagle 12-04-2013 06:16 AM

Can someone tell me how you value bitcoins?

With more conventional investments I can understand how to arrive at an intrinsic value. Bond have a flow of payments to the holder, them return the amount at the end. Stocks represent a share of a company and can be valued through the future cash flows of the company. Property can generate rental income flows.

Gold would be the only example of something which doesn't generate income, but its value is based on its perception as a store of value (plus some small commercial uses).

How do you value bitcoins? How do you decide when the value is too high or two low?