CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   bitcoin (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241915)

FraserH 12-04-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin
Nice to see all Maggies children piling in to this latest bubble. Previously there has been an Empowerment of Women Pyramid scheme but think this is a far more fitting tribute in the week of her death.

Ps. I trust you will all pax taxes on the gains but don't think that will be an issue.

We are sticking 20 in each as a bit of fun and a low risk way of looking at investing in bitcoins. Calm down.

swissroll 12-04-2013 07:51 AM

If still room I'm in 20 down for a make believe currency - sounds a bit like investment banking

Travelcard 12-04-2013 07:58 AM

Count me in! :)

BB Bob 12-04-2013 07:59 AM

Get 'em while they're hot, they're lovely.....

Market Price Avg. Change 30d Volume
▼ mtgoxUSD 89.9674 108.236 -16.878% 2482604

FraserH 12-04-2013 08:12 AM

They were down as low as 60-odd yesterday. They will get higher and higher again once MtGox reopens after clearing the back log of orders.

Tomo 12-04-2013 08:22 AM

Would have been in if anything opens up.

BB Bob 12-04-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FraserH
They were down as low as 60-odd yesterday. They will get higher and higher again once MtGox reopens after clearing the back log of orders.

It must be very nice to make an investment knowing that its going to go up and up.

FraserH 12-04-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob
It must be very nice to make an investment knowing that its going to go up and up.

I didn't say that but from my experience of watching BTC for about 6 months, every time there is an exchange problem (MtGox) the prices crash for a couple of days and when the exchange opens again the prices climbs quickly as confidence is restored to the investors. This has happened time and time and time and time again.

Bobby Big Nuts 12-04-2013 08:39 AM

I'm in if theres space!

StudentEagle 12-04-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob
It must be very nice to make an investment knowing that its going to go up and up.

Investing?

I'm treating this the same way I treat a 2 multiplier at the bookies!

FraserH 12-04-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StudentEagle
Investing?

I'm treating this the same way I treat a 2 multiplier at the bookies!

That is the best way to look at it. It is a bit of fun, no different from sticking a few quid on a few bets.

kevb 12-04-2013 09:18 AM

Have I missed the boat for this?

ffsear 12-04-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExeterEagle

How do you value bitcoins? How do you decide when the value is too high or two low?



They are only valued by what people are prepared to pay for them.

Just remember that the higher the value, the more people and cash are required to support that price and those who wish to sell. If the support is not there, it crashes!! Just like a pyramid!

jamesc_24 12-04-2013 09:22 AM

Ive PM'd would love a bit of this.

Blind_Eagle 12-04-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevb
Have I missed the boat for this?

If you see a bandwagon, it's too late.

Mat ov CPFC 12-04-2013 09:29 AM

Can somebody explain to me, in terms that a dyslexic chimp would be able to comprehend ?

Because from what I can make out, and I am rather slow at the moment, essentially you are all speculating on a currency that does not exist beyond some mythical 0's and 1's ?

Like the equivalent of those made up race things that you sometimes see in the bookies but with a currency ? Except you aint even got a bookmaker to pay out ?

BB Bob 12-04-2013 09:34 AM

Here is a handy guide written by renowned Danish economist HC Andersen

http://www.applebybooks.com/images/008617.jpg

Dave 12-04-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
Can somebody explain to me, in terms that a dyslexic chimp would be able to comprehend ?

Because from what I can make out, and I am rather slow at the moment, essentially you are all speculating on a currency that does not exist beyond some mythical 0's and 1's ?

Like the equivalent of those made up race things that you sometimes see in the bookies but with a currency ? Except you aint even got a bookmaker to pay out ?

It's a distributed peer to peer currency with no central bank guaranteeing the currency

FraserH 12-04-2013 09:47 AM

All the late comers should be able to get in as well, Russ said he would get more involved if the demand was there.

FraserH 12-04-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffsear
They are only valued by what people are prepared to pay for them.

Just remember that the higher the value, the more people and cash are required to support that price and those who wish to sell. If the support is not there, it crashes!! Just like a pyramid!

True although you can't buy goods online with pyramid schemes but you can with BTC.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.