CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommend a TV programme (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187551)

art malice 29-12-2017 09:45 PM

Mister Stink was magic

Dingle 29-12-2017 11:13 PM

Black Mirror season 4 is now on Netflix. It's quite brilliant, as always.

Socrates 01-01-2018 09:23 AM

On Netflix "A very secret service" a French comedy series set in 1960 about secret agents. The humour is very french, quite drole, but there were a few moments where I laughed out loud. It takes an episode or two to get warmed up though.

"Slasher" - a canadian horror series. Also on Netflix and one to avoid. Dreadful acting (think Crossroads) and really stupid storyline.

Terrace Bickle 01-01-2018 02:22 PM

Eric, Ernie and me on BBC4 was good.

art malice 01-01-2018 03:31 PM

A Year in the Life of a Year was at times hilarious. Rhys Thomas looks back on 2017. Still on the BBC Iplayer

Isle of Wight 05-01-2018 04:44 PM

Derry girls on C4 was not expecting anything this good. Very funny.

mexicaneagle 05-01-2018 04:49 PM

Am currently enjoying Godless on Netflix. It has Lady Mary from Downton in it.

cappuccinoeagle 05-01-2018 10:33 PM

Two into McMafia interesting but with over complicated financial stuff and James Norton's character is rather bland.

vitesse 05-01-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14035386)
Two into McMafia interesting but with over complicated financial stuff and James Norton's character is rather bland.

Quite enjoyed it. I thought the first episode was a bit slow but it picked in the second. I think you can disregard a lot of the financial stuff, just take on board he has reluctantly got involved in money laundering with some dodgy people.

Hard Sun on BBC1 tomorrow night at 9pm looks like it has potential?

Maidstoned Eagle 06-01-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicaneagle (Post 14034599)
Am currently enjoying Godless on Netflix. It has Lady Mary from Downton in it.

Just finished watching this, superb series.

SE25 exile 06-01-2018 08:41 AM

Inside Number 9. Series 4 Episode 1

Absolutely superb and genius writing. I just don't know how this could ever get better, but it has. Clever and hilarious. Now on iPlayer catch up BBC2.

Coastal Palace 06-01-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 14035681)
Inside Number 9. Series 4 Episode 1

Absolutely superb and genius writing. I just don't know how this could ever get better, but it has. Clever and hilarious. Now on iPlayer catch up BBC2.

True that.

Coastal Palace 06-01-2018 11:09 AM

Pemberton and Shearsmith are a bit special.

Roadblock 06-01-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 14035681)
Inside Number 9. Series 4 Episode 1

Absolutely superb and genius writing. I just don't know how this could ever get better, but it has. Clever and hilarious. Now on iPlayer catch up BBC2.

Excellent start to the series

Terrace Bickle 06-01-2018 08:12 PM

It was very, very clever. Need to watch it again as doubtless missed some gags.

cappuccinoeagle 06-01-2018 09:16 PM

Not exactly recommended, but Celebrity Mastermind is fairly entertaining although I only know about a quarter of the celebrities and some of them are prize thickos.

Pat of the Palace 06-01-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14023869)
On Netflix "A very secret service" a French comedy series set in 1960 about secret agents. The humour is very french, quite drole, but there were a few moments where I laughed out loud. It takes an episode or two to get warmed up though.

"Slasher" - a canadian horror series. Also on Netflix and one to avoid. Dreadful acting (think Crossroads) and really stupid storyline.

If you like that French style, the film "Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire" might hit the spot.

Isle of Wight 06-01-2018 10:48 PM

I have just watched episode 2 series 1 of Number 9 and nearly threw up from laughing so much.

cappuccinoeagle 07-01-2018 06:22 PM

First episode of Hard Sun was pretty compelling

Nostrils 07-01-2018 06:24 PM

The Frozen Dead on Netflix is a decent murder mystery, not brilliant, but decent.

Pistol Knight 07-01-2018 07:55 PM

A good 'Docuseries' on Netflix is "A Shot in the Dark" Paparazzi type following news camerapersons

Sci-Fi
Travellers
Timeless
Sense 8
Glitch

also enjoyed The Code

SE25 exile 08-01-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14037929)
First episode of Hard Sun was pretty compelling

I have binged watched the entire Series 1 of this over the weekend. The BBC have put all six episodes up on iPlayer.

It was certainly compelling viewing, but it is still trying to find its way.

Starts as a kind of "Line of Duty" against the background of a catastrophe movie style plot. Then it morphs into a series of conventional horror crime investigations, with police and MI5 conflicting interests peppering each episode. The last episode, would fit very easily into an "X Files" series, with even the Mulder and Scully style torchlight scenes thrown in for good measure.

The lead characters are strong, but vulnerable, mixed up and inconsistent, allowing for many twists and turns along the way.

I am thinking the second series will now take on a full blown catastrophe survival plot, where the role of the official police is probably redundant.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 08-01-2018 01:55 PM

How come I have recently developed a soft-spot for Foyle's War?
Am I just getting old?

I am hoping its because Michael Kitchen was so good in Pern and not my final descent in to only watching WW2 themed programmes and lamenting all things modern.

Thanet Eagle 08-01-2018 02:04 PM

Dark on Netflix. Creepy, German, missing kids,time travel vibe. Worth checking out.

Ant.Palace 08-01-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 14038056)
Sci-Fi
Travellers
Timeless
Sense 8
Glitch

also enjoyed The Code

Have you not seen The OA?

Old Joe Paxton 08-01-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle (Post 14039121)
Dark on Netflix. Creepy, German, missing kids,time travel vibe. Worth checking out.

Yes was very good. Though last scene or two found a bit Tomorrowís People / Dr Who in an old stone quarry. Guess it went in a more literal, less metaphysical direction than I wanted. But I didnít make it. So will shut my mouth...

Sinner on Netflix is not bad. Half way through. Though find acting talents of Jessica Biel rather unimpressive. The detective - played by well known actor, forgetting name - seems run of the mill, until you see the type of kicks he likes...

Old Joe Paxton 08-01-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 14039103)
How come I have recently developed a soft-spot for Foyle's War?
Am I just getting old?

I am hoping its because Michael Kitchen was so good in Pern and not my final descent in to only watching WW2 themed programmes and lamenting all things modern.

Michael Kitchen quietly good isnít he. So laconic he makes Bond seem a sweaty neurotic worry-wart...

A great series done on little budget but gives some feel to the times. Honeysuckle Weekes, ahem, as the driver(ess) obvs a little annoying and posh. But thatís what happened in the war. These gels volunteered. Maybe could have been bantz based on class between the two but didnít really see that. And unlikely to have happened much at all during Ďthe durationí.

Grumpy 08-01-2018 03:34 PM

Hunger in Paradise (BT Sport)
Documentary on football academy’s.
Lots of Palace references, Clyne Wilf big section on Ryan Innis.
Very interesting program.

Roadblock 08-01-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14036833)
I have just watched episode 2 series 1 of Number 9 and nearly threw up from laughing so much.

Ah the silent one. Still my favourite.

Isle of Wight 08-01-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadblock (Post 14039327)
Ah the silent one. Still my favourite.

I actually hurt the following day, it was relentless, you just recovered and bang they hit you again. I'm now working my way through them all, before they go in 6 days time. This episode was voted the 2nd best, cant wait until the 12 days of Christine which came 1st.

Slimbloke'H' 08-01-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 14039310)
Hunger in Paradise (BT Sport)
Documentary on football academyís.
Lots of Palace references, Clyne Wilf big section on Ryan Innis.
Very interesting program.

I recorded this last night. Nice to know I've got some more Palace stuff to watch after the main event.

Socrates 09-01-2018 08:24 AM

The Orville (Fox). Seth Macfarlane (Family Guy, Ted etc) 4 part sci-fi spoof along star trek lines. Not exactly an original idea but there are some tea spitting moments.

bigend1 09-01-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14042209)
The Orville (Fox). Seth Macfarlane (Family Guy, Ted etc) 4 part sci-fi spoof along star trek lines. Not exactly an original idea but there are some tea spitting moments.

Itís only 4 parts?

Iím really enjoying it. Easy watching and genuinely funny at times

bigend1 09-01-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 14042209)
The Orville (Fox). Seth Macfarlane (Family Guy, Ted etc) 4 part sci-fi spoof along star trek lines. Not exactly an original idea but there are some tea spitting moments.

Not four parts... itís a full series and a second series already pencilled in. Thankfully :lux:

Stellavista 09-01-2018 09:23 AM

Anyone watched Berlin Babylon? Is it worth a look?

chelmsfordeagle 09-01-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 14039103)
How come I have recently developed a soft-spot for Foyle's War?
Am I just getting old?

I am hoping its because Michael Kitchen was so good in Pern and not my final descent in to only watching WW2 themed programmes and lamenting all things modern.

Does this need to be watched in order because of the story arc or can you watch individual episodes?

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 09-01-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle (Post 14042362)
Does this need to be watched in order because of the story arc or can you watch individual episodes?

I fell upon a Series 9 episode and found I quite liked it. Subsequently trawled the Sky Planner and am now working through series 2 and have found no real long-term story thread. The character played by Honeysuckle Weekes is equally irritating. So - go for it. It's also helpful that it's scheduled at weird times on obscure channels (ITV3?), meaning no conflict with high-quality entertainment such as; Holby City, Come Dine with Me, First Dates and Undateables. I'll re-phrase that : no conflict with he other guff on my Sky Plus, such as;.....

Slightly OT : but scanning the schedules has yielded some gems recently; Ross Noble and his off-road biking thing on Dave, plus, a BBC4 documentary about servicing a cross channel ferry. Same technique used to plug gaps in my Wheeler Dealer back-catalogue and am confident I have now watched all of the Shed and Buried episodes.

art malice 09-01-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14039338)
I actually hurt the following day, it was relentless, you just recovered and bang they hit you again. I'm now working my way through them all, before they go in 6 days time. This episode was voted the 2nd best, cant wait until the 12 days of Christine which came 1st.

Not so many laughs in that one IIRC

luxeagle 09-01-2018 12:05 PM

did any one watch Tin Star with tim roth ? palace stuff all over the house . only a couple of episodes in but seems quite enjoyable if only to see pete the eagle now and again.

KP'S Nuts 09-01-2018 12:18 PM

Is the Blacklist worth watching?

chelmsfordeagle 09-01-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 14042630)
I fell upon a Series 9 episode and found I quite liked it. Subsequently trawled the Sky Planner and am now working through series 2 and have found no real long-term story thread. The character played by Honeysuckle Weekes is equally irritating. So - go for it. It's also helpful that it's scheduled at weird times on obscure channels (ITV3?), meaning no conflict with high-quality entertainment such as; Holby City, Come Dine with Me, First Dates and Undateables. I'll re-phrase that : no conflict with he other guff on my Sky Plus, such as;.....

Slightly OT : but scanning the schedules has yielded some gems recently; Ross Noble and his off-road biking thing on Dave, plus, a BBC4 documentary about servicing a cross channel ferry. Same technique used to plug gaps in my Wheeler Dealer back-catalogue and am confident I have now watched all of the Shed and Buried episodes.

thanks :p

Maidstoned Eagle 09-01-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 14039129)
Have you not seen The OA?

I have...it was bloody awful.

pallet 09-01-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KP'S Nuts (Post 14042694)
Is the Blacklist worth watching?

No

SgtStryker 09-01-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14042304)
Anyone watched Berlin Babylon? Is it worth a look?

I liked it, bit different. Exploring the seedy underside of Berlin soon after the defeat in 1918. It has Communists, porn, stolen gold and shady underworld characters. Probably the best German drama, which isnít saying much, of recent times.
The female lead is an absolute delight.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 09-01-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxeagle (Post 14042671)
did any one watch Tin Star with tim roth ? palace stuff all over the house . only a couple of episodes in but seems quite enjoyable if only to see pete the eagle now and again.


Yep. Enjoyed it overall. Hints of Fargo about it. If you have started then certainly stick with it.

luxeagle 09-01-2018 01:16 PM

will do cheers

fioreuk 09-01-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14042639)
Not so many laughs in that one IIRC

No, but SS dressed as a nun in black stockings more than compensated.

PeterH 09-01-2018 03:50 PM

Enjoying Whitechapel. Not outstanding, but worth a watch.

Socrates 09-01-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 14042242)
Not four parts... itís a full series and a second series already pencilled in. Thankfully :lux:

My mistake - I watched it on Now TV and they don't always make it clear that the series is in progress and there's only 4 episodes currently available.

switchboard 09-01-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 14042838)
Yep. Enjoyed it overall. Hints of Fargo about it. If you have started then certainly stick with it.

I really enjoyed it all the way until the ending which I thought let it all down. Tim Roth's character was brilliant and worth the watch alone.

Am Phibian 09-01-2018 08:50 PM

Anything with any of the fab three League of Gentlemen actors is usually terrific. Loving Inside No.9. Latest episode was surprising. I used to work with 'Red'.

art malice 10-01-2018 12:48 AM

Well there was a latest latest Inside No9 tonight which was irritating and moving in equal measure. Superb acting and dialogue. Very few laughs mind. This is out of the BBC comedy department right? They just decommissioned Arthur Strong!

Am Phibian 10-01-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14044299)
Well there was a latest latest Inside No9 tonight which was irritating and moving in equal measure. Superb acting and dialogue. Very few laughs mind. This is out of the BBC comedy department right? They just decommissioned Arthur Strong!

Irritating? Not at all i thought. Pathos has always been very acceptable in the comedy genre and laughs are sometimes put to one side. Les mcQueen/Creme Brulee and Charlie Chaplin, of course too. There was another moving but better episode with Sheridan Smith. S2 Ep2. Probably my favourite.

These guys are multi-talented artists and can perform on different levels so they do.

Maidstoned Eagle 10-01-2018 12:57 PM

Mindhunter is a bit good init?

Roadblock 10-01-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14044728)
Irritating? Not at all i thought. Pathos has always been very acceptable in the comedy genre and laughs are sometimes put to one side. Les mcQueen/Creme Brulee and Charlie Chaplin, of course too. There was another moving but better episode with Sheridan Smith. S2 Ep2. Probably my favourite.

These guys are multi-talented artists and can perform on different levels so they do.

They usually have one serious/sad one per series. The shoe episode from the last series was pretty poignant.

upperteir 10-01-2018 01:10 PM

Just watched the manhunt unabomber which was great,now to watch the Mindhunter

Icy 10-01-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14044856)
Mindhunter is a bit good init?

Yes and better than the real life autobiographical story which its based. The casting and performances of some of the serial kllier supporting cast is top notch. There's a Kemper comparison video on youtube someone posted up somewhere.

cappuccinoeagle 10-01-2018 09:44 PM

Eric, Ernie And Me worth catching on the I Player, the story of Morecombe And Wise's scriptwriter Eddie Braben, played by Stephen Tomkinson. Funny and well written.

Ant.Palace 11-01-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14042727)
I have...it was bloody awful.

It must be a marmite type of show then

Maidstoned Eagle 11-01-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 14046429)
It must be a marmite type of show then

Marmite isn't shite because it tries to be too clever....its just shite

Funk Butter 11-01-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 14044911)
Yes and better than the real life autobiographical story which its based. The casting and performances of some of the serial kllier supporting cast is top notch. There's a Kemper comparison video on youtube someone posted up somewhere.

You're (preemptively) welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 13919464)
[slightspoilers]



Ant.Palace 11-01-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14046450)
Marmite isn't shite because it tries to be too clever....its just shite

Did you actually watch it all?

mexicaneagle 11-01-2018 09:52 AM

Babylon Berlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 14042765)
I liked it, bit different. Exploring the seedy underside of Berlin soon after the defeat in 1918. It has Communists, porn, stolen gold and shady underworld characters. Probably the best German drama, which isnít saying much, of recent times.
The female lead is an absolute delight.

I echo these sentiments. The lead characters are all very interesting and well drawn. The backdrop and themes explored, as sgtstriker says above, are really interesting and well done too.

Where it falls down is that it is one of those dramas that is intentionally confusing: you don't know what is going on until things are revealed as you go. This is a fine technique used by a lot of programmes (think True Detective, for example) but this one doesn't do it well, so I felt all the while that I just didn't know what was going on.

Worth a watch, though, for sure.

art malice 11-01-2018 10:46 AM

Hard Sun is compellingly ridiculous. London seems deserted!

hughff 11-01-2018 10:57 AM

I've enjoyed GLOW - still got one episode to watch.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-01-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 14046551)
Did you actually watch it all?

Yep, every god awful minute.

Ant.Palace 11-01-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14046707)
Yep, every god awful minute.

It was so bad you watched every minute. wonderful

Maidstoned Eagle 11-01-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 14047170)
It was so bad you watched every minute. wonderful

First 3 episodes got me interested, Mrs Maidstoned too....by the 6th, we were just watching it in the vain hope that something might happen....it didnīt.

art malice 11-01-2018 02:24 PM

Not telly but there’s a very good old Radio 4 series, Chain Reaction, on the Iplayer radio app. Comics interviewing each other back in 2005. The two with Alexei Sayle are particularly excellent

dogstar721 11-01-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 14039129)
Have you not seen The OA?

Love it, but I think its something that people either love or feel, WTF did I waste my time on this for. Looking forwards to the second season.

Thanet Eagle 11-01-2018 02:54 PM

Fargo season 3. Great stuff !

Ant.Palace 11-01-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle (Post 14047261)
Fargo season 3. Great stuff !

Loved the first two but the 3rd season passed me by. Must catch up.

Stellavista 11-01-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14046676)
Hard Sun is compellingly ridiculous. London seems deserted!

Slightly less bollocks than Silent Twatness.

Pistol Knight 11-01-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14042727)
I have...it was bloody awful.

My thoughts exactly, just couldnt get into it

cappuccinoeagle 12-01-2018 10:22 PM

Vikings remains the dogs bollocks
First part of Big Cats very good

Old Joe Paxton 12-01-2018 10:40 PM

Try Berlin Alexanderplatz.
The late Great, genius even, Rainer Werner Fassbinder was director. Classic. Made in the early 80s. Based on a book, set in early 30s Berlin.

Stuff like this shows tv and film in present day largely dead as a creative force with something to say. Itís just wallpaper now. Or the true opium of the masses. Tv anodyne visual stimuli and nothing controversial. Heyday in Britain and west was probably late 60s to mid 80s.

Saying that another German series is Dark. Daft last scenes though

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-01-2018 01:43 AM

'The Real Football Factories' presented by Danny Dyer.

So far we've had the ICF, Headhunters, Millwall and the Yid Army - they're clearly leaving the big guns like the Bollox Crew until last.

Terrace Bickle 13-01-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14049814)
First part of Big Cats very good

I really enjoyed that, beautifully shot, and I don't even like cats.

Salad_Burnet 13-01-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 14049949)
'The Real Football Factories' presented by Danny Dyer.

So far we've had the ICF, Headhunters, Millwall and the Yid Army - they're clearly leaving the big guns like the Bollox Crew until last.

Bollox to your American boxset wank, what channel was this on?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-01-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 14050170)
Bollox to your American boxset wank, what channel was this on?

Netflix (US)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-01-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 14046701)
I've enjoyed GLOW - still got one episode to watch.

Enjoyed this, although not sure for the right reasons

Yoda 13-01-2018 09:52 AM

The Biggest Little Railway in the World on Channel 4.

Model railway enthusiasts construct 71 miles of track to take a model steam train across Scotland. Reminiscent of the programme James May did, but on an epic scale.

The route has challenges such as crossing rivers, so the train either has to go across on a temporary bridge or a ferry....all of which they have to construct.

Beautiful to look at (they go beside Loch Ness) and it’s interesting to see how some people can problem solve and come up with ingenious answers, others can make brilliant constructions from a sheet of ply and others just want to lay straight track and are flustered by setbacks. Trying to pull together this group of volunteers is part of the programme, but they all need each other if they’re going to succeed.

Maidstoned Eagle 13-01-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 14049949)
'The Real Football Factories' presented by Danny Dyer.

So far we've had the ICF, Headhunters, Millwall and the Yid Army - they're clearly leaving the big guns like the Bollox Crew until last.

These are better.....and more believable.


eagleborn 13-01-2018 02:31 PM

Have started watching an Irish TV show called Love/Hate. Absolutely quality so far. Follows the lives of members of the criminal underworld in Dublin. Highly recommended. Subtitles sometimes necessary...

Isle of Wight 13-01-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14050824)
These are better.....and more believable.


Much better far more realistic than that bollocks done my Danny Dire

Coastal Palace 14-01-2018 06:03 PM

Been re-watching The Walking Dead from the start over the last couple of weeks.
Up to mid season 3 so far and it makes you realise how good this show was until it got to season 6.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 16-01-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14046676)
Hard Sun is compellingly ridiculous. London seems deserted!

Watching it for the locations, mainly now. Some lovely 20th century architecture and design on display, with hint of brutalism.

Adlerhorst 16-01-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14054271)
Been re-watching The Walking Dead from the start over the last couple of weeks.
Up to mid season 3 so far and it makes you realise how good this show was until it got to season 6.

i have got near the end of season six on prime. 7 onwards is not on prime. That sounds like it is a good thing.

cappuccinoeagle 16-01-2018 09:29 PM

Rome Unpacked

Old Joe Paxton 16-01-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14059069)
Rome Unpacked

Just watched first one. Fantastico! Locatelli pretty cool bloke.

Stellavista 19-01-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14059069)
Rome Unpacked

Andrew Graham-Dixon is a tremendous presenter. Never miss any of his art programmes. He also once did a great interview with John Lydon.

Just watched the first two episodes of season 1 of Babylon Berlin. Impressive production and really enjoying it. A morphine addicted cop, prostitutes, politics and murder in Weimar Germany.
It's no Heimat, but it's very entertaining.The club song and dance scene in episode 2 is fabulous:


pallet 19-01-2018 02:15 PM

Derry girls, anyone who grew up in that era, brilliantly funny.

si1965 19-01-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 14063656)
Derry girls, anyone who grew up in that era, brilliantly funny.

Been watching this - the Head Nun is a hoot.

Recommend anyone without Irish roots having subtitles on though.

Thanet Eagle 19-01-2018 03:07 PM

Only just got around to watching Narcos. Superb !

pallet 19-01-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by si1965 (Post 14063673)
Been watching this - the Head Nun is a hoot.

Recommend anyone without Irish roots having subtitles on though.

The head nun is awesome. I want to marry her:supergrin:

Nostrils 20-01-2018 12:07 AM

Watched a few of the foreign thrillers on Netflix...

The Mantis

Although you have to suspend belief a bit, I really enjoyed this serial killer series. Stars the Bond Girl with the long legs from 'For You Eyes Only'.

No Second Chance

Based on the Harlan Coben book (when he was still okay). Not bad, but the end ruined it for me, but it was very close to the source material tbf.

The Break

After a really slow start which nearly caused me to give up, this ended up being a fantastically well written, twisty, turny thriller. Thought it was brilliant.

Bordertown

Another one that I'm glad I stuck with. Really well written again and each story arc continues to get better and better whilst there's ongoing story gluing the whole lot together. I hope there's another series as there was a lot left unfinished and when it did, it was rather abrupt. Scandinavian homes don't look very cosy though.

cappuccinoeagle 21-01-2018 08:39 PM

On The I Player, the first two parts (of 3) of Lady Jane Grey The Forgotten Queen. Fascinating.

CarlosTheFinger 21-01-2018 10:07 PM

- Superstore is quite a neat comedy on ITV2

- Hunted on Channel 4. A few series' in and reminiscent of the excellent Wanted on Channel 4 back in the day.

Cheers Huntyboys,

Carlos

pallet 22-01-2018 12:53 PM

Gomarrah is BACK!!!!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-01-2018 10:37 PM

Southern Rites - thought provoking HBO documentary about racial tensions in small town in. Georgia that was depressing in some ways, but ultimately uplifting.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.