CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommend a TV programme (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187551)

Little Matt 19-10-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15457964)
Finished Series 2 of 'The Man in the High Castle'. Very good, but more plot holes than a sieve.

Having got bored with this in early S3 I went back for another go, and recently got the the finale in S4. It does improve again, bit there are still plot holes.

cpfc4evandeva 19-10-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesc_24 (Post 15464492)
Watched the Louis Theroux met Jimmy Saville documentary again last night, I must've been too young/stupid to think he was a bit 'whacky' but harmless.

I read Theroux's book recently and I would thoroughly recommend it. As a result, I too watched the Savile documentary and also read back over the Savile thread on here. Most interesting on the thread was the amount of people defending nonce Radio 1 DJ John Peel.

jamesc_24 19-10-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15464854)
I read Theroux's book recently and I would thoroughly recommend it. As a result, I too watched the Savile documentary and also read back over the Savile thread on here. Most interesting on the thread was the amount of people defending nonce Radio 1 DJ John Peel.

Cheers mate Iíll give it a whirl.

Terrace Bickle 19-10-2020 09:02 PM

I watched American Murder after the recommendations here. Firstly a tragic story, carried out by a complete psychopath. I was amazed by what I was watching though. I know a lot of the footage was police bodycam, but the wife just lived her entire life on social media, it was frightening the extent to which she recorded it.

PeterH 19-10-2020 09:06 PM

Been watching SSGB. Okay alternative reality watch, detective story set in a Nazi controlled Southern Britain on the premise that the Germans had won the Battle of Britain.

ElwissAtMemphis 20-10-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Most interesting on the thread was the amount of people defending nonce Radio 1 DJ John Peel.

If it's the same thread I'm thinking of, the mosting interesting thing was the amount of spineless cowards who retrospectively deleted their posts defending Savile once the truth started to come out.

cpfc4evandeva 20-10-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 15465952)
If it's the same thread I'm thinking of, the mosting interesting thing was the amount of spineless cowards who retrospectively deleted their posts defending Savile once the truth started to come out.

I'm not sure I noticed many deleted posts, but I wouldn't have seen what was originally said before if the content is now gone.

Plenty of pro-Savile posts early on, with PK the only person to really stick to his guns in calling him out before the truth was finally revealed. When it did come out, PK didn't rub it in as much as I think he could have. The place misses him :(

Lombardarian 20-10-2020 08:39 AM

Watching and enjoying the new series of Unsolved Mysteries(NetFlix). Well told real life mysteries. As is the nature of the series, episodes are both a bit frustrating and a little sad that they remain unsolved - however each episode examines the main explanations and leaves the viewer to draw own conclusions.

Happy Arthur 20-10-2020 08:51 AM

Pistorius on amazon prime. A really interesting documentary about Oscar Pistorius.
Amazing how his version fits with a time line, enough to provide enough doubt.
Frustrating because I just want to know what happened!!

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 15465952)

Or the people still defending Michael Jackson to this day.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesc_24 (Post 15464492)
Watched the Louis Theroux met Jimmy Saville documentary again last night, I must've been too young/stupid to think he was a bit 'whacky' but harmless.

Is this his original one or the follow up he did a year or so ago?

cpfc4evandeva 20-10-2020 09:39 PM

I would assume he watched the follow up, as this is available on iplayer at the moment. I recently watched when he met the Hamiltons. Very amusing - both appear to be quite barmy.

His Life On The Edge series, which was basically a brief look back over his programmes, was a good watch too. America is a really mental country.

Isle of Wight 20-10-2020 10:30 PM

Half way through the second series of The Bridge. Love it love it Saga is simple an awesome lead character. Superbly acted. If you like thriller cops solving stuff this is the tops. How I missed this when it came out I have no idea. 10/10

Old Joe Paxton 20-10-2020 11:41 PM

Babylon Berlin

Stellavista 21-10-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15467195)
Babylon Berlin

Is superb

Terrace Bickle 21-10-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15467172)
Half way through the second series of The Bridge. Love it love it Saga is simple an awesome lead character. Superbly acted. If you like thriller cops solving stuff this is the tops. How I missed this when it came out I have no idea. 10/10

Spiral (French) is equally excellent, should be a new series on BBC4 this winter, but you should definitely seek out the others, magnifique.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 21-10-2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15467195)
Babylon Berlin

What series are you up to? Germans do some good TV.

Slimbloke'H' 21-10-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15465851)
Been watching SSGB. Okay alternative reality watch, detective story set in a Nazi controlled Southern Britain on the premise that the Germans had won the Battle of Britain.

I enjoyed it when the BBC first broadcasted it and it's a reasonably accurate adaptation of the book, which is classic Len Deighton.

jamesc_24 21-10-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15466183)
Is this his original one or the follow up he did a year or so ago?

Both mate.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-10-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesc_24 (Post 15467694)
Both mate.

Yep, I watched both back to back . Unbelievable behaviour at times.

PeterH 22-10-2020 02:40 PM

Gone Fishing is a charming, humurous watch. Beautiful shots of the country side.

AshfordianEagle 22-10-2020 06:03 PM

Spent last night watching The Flipside of Dominick Hide and Another Flip which is a sequel. Not sure I would rate it as high as imdb, but fun to watch.
Having a bit of a thing for 70's and 80's shows at the moment.
Would recommend.

Lindfield Eagle 22-10-2020 06:18 PM

Dogs of Berlin on Netflix - great atmosphere mirroring the city and its low life. Shame about the shit American dubbing!

KP'S Nuts 22-10-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardarian (Post 15466168)
Watching and enjoying the new series of Unsolved Mysteries(NetFlix). Well told real life mysteries. As is the nature of the series, episodes are both a bit frustrating and a little sad that they remain unsolved - however each episode examines the main explanations and leaves the viewer to draw own conclusions.

i dont think its as good as the first series and both arn't as good as the original 1990's 14 seasons on on amazon prime with Robert Stack as host which does have some updates added at the end of the episodes. One nice touch was the ghostly image of Stack on the new series in the intro and the same theme music.

ovingdean agent 22-10-2020 06:48 PM

If you like Sci-Fi then Ridley Scotts Raised by Wolves on HBO is outstanding

Lombardarian 22-10-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Apologies to quote myself - but wanted to clarify after further viewing. The first 3 episodes were decent, episodes 4 was the weak link exploring the supernatural and 5 was more unproven than unsolved! Watching 6 now

TAK 22-10-2020 09:03 PM

Been watching the latest season of Fargo. So much better than the last and as good as the first but just different.

Happy Arthur 22-10-2020 09:13 PM

Zoo on Netflix. If you want something easy (and a bit silly) to watch.

Old Joe Paxton 22-10-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15467272)
What series are you up to? Germans do some good TV.

Just started 3.

Very unusual for them. Big budget. Big sets. All star German cast. But itís quality and very well done.

Shoreditch CPFC 22-10-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Completely different to Seville. He said girls would come to the radio studio and nosh off the DJs. He said nobody asked how old they were. Nobody coerced them. That is wrong, particularly by the standards of today but calling him a nonce and implying it was the same kind of offence as Saville is just ridiculous.

Old Joe Paxton 22-10-2020 09:17 PM

M yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15467204)
Is superb

Yes, yes it is. I was never there, obvs, but reeks of atmosphere and a turbulent time and an unstable society on the brink. So nothing like now at all..

west country boy 22-10-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC (Post 15469110)
Completely different to Seville. He said girls would come to the radio studio and nosh off the DJs. He said nobody asked how old they were. Nobody coerced them. That is wrong, particularly by the standards of today but calling him a nonce and implying it was the same kind of offence as Saville is just ridiculous.

It's not as bad as what Savile did, but was still wrong. The lengths that Oscillatewildly (sp?) and others went to in order to defend Peel was a bit creepy.

TAK 22-10-2020 09:26 PM

The first episode of the ITV show following London Zoo during the lockdown is highly recommended not least as my best mate, Lucy who is also a Palace fan is on it looking after the tigers.

Martin H 22-10-2020 11:11 PM

Just finished watching See (Apple TV). It was OK. Struggled at first I think because I found myself questioning how they could do this or that when they were all blind but once I got past that it was OK. Another one with a beautiful scenic backdrop to it. It’s not GOT or LOTR but it’s OK and we were engaged enough to finish it.

Started Little Voice now which is the polar opposite being about a young wannabe singer songwriter as she tries to make her way into the biz in NYC.

Just trying to watch the series they have before our free years subs run out. :) The Morning Show was very good.

dogstar721 23-10-2020 02:16 AM

Quote:

A couple of them would have been very solved had the police investigated them properly mind. There was one in the first season that I think I could have solved and a good example in season 2 is the lady in the lake, which about five minutes in I said was either suicide, or a cop.

One of season ones is so obviously the husband, it's astonishing that it went unsolved.

dogstar721 23-10-2020 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardarian (Post 15469067)
Apologies to quote myself - but wanted to clarify after further viewing. The first 3 episodes were decent, episodes 4 was the weak link exploring the supernatural and 5 was more unproven than unsolved! Watching 6 now

Oddly I found the supernatural one incredibly moving. I think I understand what's going on, but found myself agreeing to an extent with the priest, that it doesn't matter so much as why, but that what is more important is that their suffering was resolved.

Six was creepy, lgiven the lack of any bodies, the similarity in the MO Tec and the fact of the way it closed. I think they're somewhat optimistic about it being an abduction for a child to raise, and likely that it's someone with someone with less positive intentions, who's moved on from the area or was arrested for something else.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15469167)
Just finished watching See (Apple TV). It was OK. Struggled at first I think because I found myself questioning how they could do this or that when they were all blind but once I got past that it was OK. Another one with a beautiful scenic backdrop to it. Itís not GOT or LOTR but itís OK and we were engaged enough to finish it.

Started Little Voice now which is the polar opposite being about a young wannabe singer songwriter as she tries to make her way into the biz in NYC.

Just trying to watch the series they have before our free years subs run out. :) The Morning Show was very good.

See tails off quite badly, though the scene with Momoa fighting the slavers in ep 2 or 3 is superb.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 23-10-2020 06:09 AM

Secrets of the Tower , quite enjoyable hour of the famous place.

Olympian2 23-10-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15469250)
Secrets of the Tower , quite enjoyable hour of the famous place.

After Selhurst Park, the Tower of London has been my 11 year old son's favourite place for years - we've got this on series link - same for the previous series :p

BERT'S HEAD 23-10-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogstar721 (Post 15469198)
Oddly I found the supernatural one incredibly moving. I think I understand what's going on, but found myself agreeing to an extent with the priest, that it doesn't matter so much as why, but that what is more important is that their suffering was resolved.

Six was creepy, lgiven the lack of any bodies, the similarity in the MO Tec and the fact of the way it closed. I think they're somewhat optimistic about it being an abduction for a child to raise, and likely that it's someone with someone with less positive intentions, who's moved on from the area or was arrested for something else.

Not convinced that the Washington guy found in the rubbish dump was murdered. The cameras showed he was clearly agitated and had not take his bipolar meds so he could have put himself in the garbage bin. Fascinating series though.

Ant.Palace 23-10-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15469311)
Not convinced that the Washington guy found in the rubbish dump was murdered. The cameras showed he was clearly agitated and had not take his bipolar meds so he could have put himself in the garbage bin. Fascinating series though.

I saw this one last night and must agree. being flung around with a load of rubbish in a dust cart could have just as well caused all those injuries

Maidstoned Eagle 23-10-2020 09:43 AM

Inside The Spitfire Factory - Great plane nerd tv.

Jim Cannon 23-10-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15452774)
Dogs of Berlin on Netflix. Story about match fixing. Dead footballer ,bent coppers ,neo nazis , Lebanese mafia. All over the place like a mad womans excrement. But ,and Palace Monkey I hope your watching. Boobs, and lots of them.

Just watched first couple of episodes. What the feck is it with any kind of TV/show or film when they try to dramatise football they always manage to do it so fecking badly? So Germany are losing 2-1 and have a pen and the commentator says how Germany have the chance to win it with the pen? FFS. But as you were with the rest, it's not bad:D

Martin H 23-10-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15469226)
See tails off quite badly, though the scene with Momoa fighting the slavers in ep 2 or 3 is superb.

The fight scenes were all quite good and he is believable as bad ass in a scrap :) it was OK. Have since finished Little Voice and now working through the Amazing Stories episodes which we had never got around to watching.

eagle mart 23-10-2020 09:12 PM

Borat is funny, it's extreme stuff. But he's a clever guy to even get this revisited. It's meant to be watched from behind your hands. I think a few of the characters are in on it.. Also first film that takes in the Virus / lockdown.

RazorsEdge 24-10-2020 02:21 PM

Palin, travels of lifetime. Amazing programme and reminds me of my childhood watching these programme on telly. I am now catching up on them on the player

spy 24-10-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15471563)
Palin, travels of lifetime. Amazing programme and reminds me of my childhood watching these programme on telly. I am now catching up on them on the player

Been enjoying this too. Itís amazing how much some of the places he went have changed in the 20 or 30 years since he filmed them. Think I will watch some of the full shows on iPlayer while they are there.

cappuccinoeagle 24-10-2020 09:52 PM

Recommend a TV programme

Harlots. All 3 seasons are on the I Player.
Watched the first two episodes.
Bawdy sharp humour but dark at times too.
Samantha Morton & Lesley Manville particularly good.

RazorsEdge 25-10-2020 08:58 AM

Roadkill

Watched the first episode and was good.

west country boy 25-10-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 15469117)
The first episode of the ITV show following London Zoo during the lockdown is highly recommended not least as my best mate, Lucy who is also a Palace fan is on it looking after the tigers.

I'll definitely give that a go. I hope that your pal still has her job. London Zoo/ZSL do sterling work.

Skin Up 25-10-2020 09:19 AM

If you can find it with subtitles then an animated show called Kimetsu no Yaiba is really good (English title is Demon Slayer but I fear if you put that into the search engine 80s hair metal bands and poorly written fantasy novels will blight your internet visit). It's set in 1920s Japan and follows a young kid who's family gets killed by monsters and sets off to get revenge with an interesting load of supporting characters. A film (which I think picks up straight from the end of season 1) just came out and did 44 million dollars in its first weekend which ain't bad considering most of the worlds cinemas are shut right now. Whenever I walk into a shop here I'm reminded of the merchandise scene from Spaceballs as the characters are slapped over every box of noodles, pack of crisps, can of fizzy pop ect.

If you have reservations about anime then I'm not a fan usually but got into it, the annoying character tropes and poor voice acting (over the top and hammy in Japanese and so unenthusiastic in English they sound like they're reading the phone book) that usually put me off have been adverted.

cpfc4evandeva 25-10-2020 09:55 AM

Geri's 1990's: My Drive To Freedom

Load of shit. I gave it 15 minutes and couldn't listen any longer to her absurd posh voice talk about how she went to raves.

0/10

stamford triumph 25-10-2020 11:24 AM

Rudeboy: the Story of Trojan Records on Sky Arts.

Tremendous mix of documentary and restaging of key moments in the rise of Jamaican music in the UK. Interviews with many of the ska pioneers I thought were long gone. Shows how the music bought young black and white people together for the first time in the late 60s against a backdrop of Enoch Powell, the National Front and overt racism.

But of course the music steals the show.

10/10

cpfc4evandeva 25-10-2020 07:02 PM

Does anyone remember a live tv show where blokes sat around each watching different channels, and it was sort of set up like Soccer Saturday except of course with tv channels? It was late at night on one of the random Sky channels, and was on about 15 years ago. For some reason I thought it was called Channel Surfing, but I can't find anything from Google... The types of people on there would be Iain Lee.

Dobbo 25-10-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15473024)
Roadkill

Watched the first episode and was good.

Anyone else think the minister's special advisor Duncan is based on Ollie Reader from The Thick of it?

Maidstoned Eagle 26-10-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15473754)
Does anyone remember a live tv show where blokes sat around each watching different channels, and it was sort of set up like Soccer Saturday except of course with tv channels? It was late at night on one of the random Sky channels, and was on about 15 years ago. For some reason I thought it was called Channel Surfing, but I can't find anything from Google... The types of people on there would be Iain Lee.

Yeah, it was on Sky and featured blokes watching random TVs. It was called Channel Surfing, I think Iain Lee was on it.

Slimbloke'H' 26-10-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15473039)
I'll definitely give that a go...

You can't sat that about TAK's mate! :eek:

Maidstoned Eagle 26-10-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15474141)
You can't sat that about TAK's mate! :eek:

Lucy would eat him for breakfast.

brighton_eagle 26-10-2020 11:55 AM

Binged through Ozark and finished the final episode of season 3 over the weekend. It's good, very good in places. But I'm happy the next season will be the last. I think it's close to having run it's course as a story. Ben had it right for me when he said that non of this is OK, non of it is normal.

Stavros 69 26-10-2020 10:33 PM

Just getting into the Americans.
Excellent Cold War drama.

Flappy Chicken 27-10-2020 03:43 AM

Started watching 'The Last Man on Earth' a bit quirky, easy-going and watchable.

Also watched 'The Duchess' on Netflix, Katherine Ryan is a guilt fancy :D

CK 27-10-2020 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=Flappy Chicken;15474821

Also watched 'The Duchess' on Netflix, Katherine Ryan is a guilt fancy :D[/QUOTE]

Nothing guilty in that mate:p

Maidstoned Eagle 27-10-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken (Post 15474821)

Also watched 'The Duchess' on Netflix, Katherine Ryan is a guilt fancy :D

Comes across as a right cow everytime I've seen her. Got a proper horse face too.

PeterH 27-10-2020 02:16 PM

Watching Years and Years..very good.

stamford triumph 27-10-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15475182)

When it first came on TV it was an excellent distopian drama of the near future. Now it's more like a reality TV show.

CT_Palace 27-10-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15474866)
Comes across as a right cow everytime I've seen her. Got a proper horse face too.

Poor lamb. Sounds like she's made a right pig's ear of her appearances. She might want to chicken out of any further roles.

west country boy 27-10-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15475182)

It was beyond awful (in my opinion, obviously).

west country boy 27-10-2020 07:07 PM

I've watched and enjoyed a few episodes of Taskmaster on Dave over the past few years, but am properly getting into it as all series are now on All4.

Even the presence of Nish "C~nt" Kumar doesn't entirely ruin it.

mrB 27-10-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15475449)
I've watched and enjoyed a few episodes of Taskmaster on Dave over the past few years, but am properly getting into it as all series are now on All4.

Taskmaster is absolutely brilliant

Nostrils 27-10-2020 07:12 PM

I've just finished the second episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. A slow burner for sure, but it's shaping up to be excellent.

Adlerhorst 27-10-2020 09:40 PM

We’re using episodes on 30 Rock as twenty minute time fillers

I’d forgotten how funny it is.

cpfc4evandeva 27-10-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15475449)

I cannot stand him.

cpfc4evandeva 27-10-2020 09:42 PM

I just finished Michael Palin's Around The World in 80 Days.

Great fun.

FORZA SELHURST 27-10-2020 09:46 PM

Willy Fogg was far better.

TopKnot 27-10-2020 10:51 PM

Just watched the most recent season of black mirror. The one with miley Cyrus and such.

Was pretty dull tbh, felt like short films that should have been 5 or 10 mins long stretched over an hour.

Flappy Chicken 27-10-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15474866)

Yeah but you would..........................

Flappy Chicken 27-10-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrB (Post 15475469)
Taskmaster is absolutely brilliant

Interestingly I can only get Seasons 2, 3, 8 and 9 here in Aus. A great program would like to watch the other seasons too. Anywhere else I can find the missing ones?

Ant.Palace 28-10-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15475470)
I've just finished the second episode of The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. A slow burner for sure, but it's shaping up to be excellent.

Exactly the same, and yes I think so too

Nostrils 28-10-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 15475749)
Exactly the same, and yes I think so too

I sneaked the third episode in last night too, it's only getting better. I considered giving up so I could read the novel first but I was in too deep by then.

The same fella that wrote it also released The Hustler, The Colour of Money, and The Man Who Fell to Earth. Off subject, but I might read the last one as all I can remember about it is Bowie, and possibly a bit of nudity.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-10-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken (Post 15475634)
Yeah but you would..........................

I dunno to be honest, something about her just puts me off. I'd leave her for CK.

jamesc_24 28-10-2020 11:54 AM

The Octopus Teacher on Netflix, a man spends a year filming an Octopus. Basically Marley and Me underwater and anyone with an interest in scuba/free diving will love this. Brilliant.

west country boy 28-10-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken (Post 15475635)
Interestingly I can only get Seasons 2, 3, 8 and 9 here in Aus. A great program would like to watch the other seasons too. Anywhere else I can find the missing ones?

They were all available on the Taskmaster YouTube channel but this may have changed with the move to Channel 4.

TAK 28-10-2020 02:39 PM

Getting into Roadkill. Laurie's character has elements of Johnson and Farage in him but still likeable in a ruthless way.

art malice 28-10-2020 11:56 PM

A fine Urban Myths on Les Dawson, Sky Arts. An Inside No9 with the inevitable death at the end.

Worksop Palace 29-10-2020 10:26 PM

Extremely late to the party but just watched the first 4 episodes of Suits. Excellent stuff. Only another 128 to go...

pallet 29-10-2020 11:11 PM

Its good to a point

hughff 30-10-2020 02:06 AM

Halfway through Season 2 of The Boys - think it might be better than Season 1.
Season 2 of Altered Carbon to follow.

Hedgehog 30-10-2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 15476131)
Getting into Roadkill. Laurie's character has elements of Johnson and Farage in him but still likeable in a ruthless way.

It starts here on Sunday. I've set the DVR to record the series.

It's been a long time since I've seen a good new British series here, so I'm hoping for the best, but not holding my breath.

Write up sounds a bit like the classic British House of Cards.

Funk Butter 30-10-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15475470)

Gets a thumbs up from me. Got thru the seven episodes over two nights. Started off kinda poor just because the young Beth and janitor weren't very good actors. Picked up big time once Anna Taylor-Joy appeared.

Maidstoned Eagle 30-10-2020 06:28 AM

New series with High Grant and Nicole Kidman just started called The Undoing, so will await a few episodes and give it a go.

biggus mickus 30-10-2020 06:32 AM

Two weeks to live, is strange.

west country boy 30-10-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15478565)
It starts here on Sunday. I've set the DVR to record the series.

It's been a long time since I've seen a good new British series here, so I'm hoping for the best, but not holding my breath.

Write up sounds a bit like the classic British House of Cards.

I thought it was pretty poor, but not as bad as Hareís previous effort ďCollateralĒ.

west country boy 30-10-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 15478560)

As a New Zealander, what are your thoughts on Karl Urbanís accent?

Dodger 30-10-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 15478560)

I struggled with season 2 but the final episode is fantastic.

Worksop Palace 30-10-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15478628)
New series with High Grant and Nicole Kidman just started called The Undoing, so will await a few episodes and give it a go.

Is he back on the drugs?

Maidstoned Eagle 30-10-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15478888)
Is he back on the drugs?

Are you?

Nostrils 30-10-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15478593)
Gets a thumbs up from me. Got thru the seven episodes over two nights. Started off kinda poor just because the young Beth and janitor weren't very good actors. Picked up big time once Anna Taylor-Joy appeared.

I finished it last night too. AT-J (never heard of her before) was magnificent, portraying a whole host of emotions with the most subtle of expression. The whole show was aesthetically stunning though, it would look incredible on the big screen - I'm embarrassed to sound so poncy here but the cinematography was exceptional for a Netflix TV series. I was buzzing on the final episode.

Easily a 9/10

Martin H 30-10-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 15478649)
Two weeks to live, is strange.

Quite enjoyed it. be interesting to see what a second series might bring. Strange is a good word though.

Paulinmorden 31-10-2020 09:29 PM

Only caught up with the last episode today but what was the ending to The Sister all about. Talk about fizzling out. It's like they hadn't finished writing it before they started filming and were desperate for the final scenes.

Worksop Palace 31-10-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15479042)
Are you?

Nah. Never done much. Got enough on with the booze