CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

weltklasse 18-01-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15066175)
We all know Milivojevic will walk back in for Hodgson, even though he needs to be dropped. I hope I surprised. I think he needs to reset and try and win his place back. We have better captains than him.

trust Roy's judgement rather then yours. Thank goodness.

Martin H 18-01-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 15066311)
Look back on this thread. It's amazing the vitriol JR received and now people are saying we should drop Luka for him. This is why we are fans not pros.

Or Managers.

philsick 18-01-2020 07:43 PM

He's been superb the last few games. If he gets dropped for ward it'll be a crime, he's played far better than kelly recently.

Martin H 18-01-2020 07:45 PM

Jairo continues to build upon the foundation he has built. Another composed and capable performance. Early on he seemed to be the calm level head on the pitch. Did well to shepherd and contain players on his side.

Reg_Maudling 18-01-2020 07:48 PM

I am still not convinced but he definitely has improved in the last two games

CpfcLoz 18-01-2020 08:02 PM

it feels like a new signing doesnt it! delighted for him, fair play jairo! superb displays!

Stavros 69 18-01-2020 08:14 PM

Nothing but delighted he’s been given a chance and is taking it.

MFBias 18-01-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 15066320)
trust Roy's judgement rather then yours. Thank goodness.

We all have opinions on here. I too trust Hodgson’s judgement more than mine.

I can only go off what I see and think, and to me Milivojevic has been off the boil for awhile now. I’m atleast trying to debate rather than be snide to other posters.

TWELLSEagle 18-01-2020 09:20 PM

Kid is going to be a top, top player. Looks like he's out of the Ajax academy or something. We MUST NOT LET HIM LEAVE

sydnsteve 18-01-2020 09:28 PM

I am amazed and delighted at how he has suddenly found form. Not really sure what will happen when PVA is fit, but a really nice problem to have. Reidewaald has kept some very good players quiet in the last few games

Shipp Ahoy! 18-01-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydnsteve (Post 15066467)
I am amazed and delighted at how he has suddenly found form. Not really sure what will happen when PVA is fit, but a really nice problem to have. Reidewaald has kept some very good players quiet in the last few games

I've been impressed with Reideweld but honestly once PVA is fit I don't think there's a contest.

Golf Boy 18-01-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15066470)
I've been impressed with Reideweld but honestly once PVA is fit I don't think there's a contest.

Pva is a poor defender

biggus mickus 18-01-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CpfcLoz (Post 15066374)
it feels like a new signing doesnt it! delighted for him, fair play jairo! superb displays!

This.

orp pisshead1 18-01-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 15066334)
He's been superb the last few games. If he gets dropped for ward it'll be a crime, he's played far better than kelly recently.

Kelly whos a centre half really and carrying an injury? I appreciate they both are/were carrying injuries.

Golf Boy 18-01-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 15066481)
Kelly who’s a centre half really and carrying an injury? I appreciate they both are/were carrying injuries.

JW is also a ‘centre half’ but because he is a quality player doesn’t get shown up so much. Anyway wasn’t Kelly a full back for Liverpool?

Green Bin 18-01-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15066175)
We all know Milivojevic will walk back in for Hodgson, even though he needs to be dropped. I hope I surprised. I think he needs to reset and try and win his place back. We have better captains than him.

Lets remember how important Luka has been for us since BFS brought him into the club... I suspect that playing so many games since then has left him a little jaded (mentally if not physically) so the 3 match suspension, and the 'break' until 1st Feb means he will have had nearly a month to re-charge his batteries, and hopefully back to his best, not least because Jimmy Mac must be running out of puff soon.

As for Jairo, I am so glad he has shone since he got into the side, although different in style to PVA, he is decent going forward, and possibly better defensively... we need to make sure his contracted is extended. I think he could do a decent job as holding midfield, so an able deputy for Lukas. But also feel that Jairo and Max further forward with a one defensive midfield behind would be quite exciting.

TWELLSEagle 18-01-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Bin (Post 15066495)
Lets remember how important Luka has been for us since BFS brought him into the club... I suspect that playing so many games since then has left him a little jaded (mentally if not physically) so the 3 match suspension, and the 'break' until 1st Feb means he will have had nearly a month to re-charge his batteries, and hopefully back to his best, not least because Jimmy Mac must be running out of puff soon.

As for Jairo, I am so glad he has shone since he got into the side, although different in style to PVA, he is decent going forward, and possibly better defensively... we need to make sure his contracted is extended. I think he could do a decent job as holding midfield, so an able deputy for Lukas. But also feel that Jairo and Max further forward with a one defensive midfield behind would be quite exciting.

I think he could do more than a decent job as a defensive midfielder. I think he could be top class there

chrisophiex 18-01-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15066470)

Agree 100%. No contest.

However, its good to have PVA as a backup.

wawman_15 18-01-2020 10:16 PM

Is he left footed? When PVA is back surely he can compete for both left and right back?

Reg_Maudling 18-01-2020 10:28 PM

Why was he subbed was he injured?