CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   THe Brexit election who are you voting for. (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279874)

Isle of Wight 03-09-2019 10:20 PM

THe Brexit election who are you voting for.

I am in a quandary. I would normally have voted Labour but Corbyn and his cronies are simply appalling. Johnson and his cronies are just as bad. I have no idea at the moment

Joe85 03-09-2019 10:23 PM

Tories gotta go.

Nth Kent Eagle 03-09-2019 10:33 PM

Too early to say until you read the manifesto of each party.

rhino_mik 03-09-2019 10:33 PM

It's got to depend on Labour's brexit stance. If they offer ref 2 with remain the they get my vote.

Votes for LDs in my constituency could risk the tories sneaking in.

FPTP is shit.

Sodermalm 03-09-2019 10:35 PM

Wallington = Liberal

AJ's right boot 03-09-2019 10:36 PM

Green. Planet earth needs a win.

foetus eagle 03-09-2019 10:40 PM

Prince of Darkness Nigel Farage says: "I fear that we are rapidly headed towards a very dark place."

brighton_eagle 03-09-2019 10:40 PM

Whoever has the best chance of beating the Tories in my constituency. That really is the only thing that matters as far as I can tell.

brighton_eagle 03-09-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foetus eagle (Post 14906535)
Prince of Darkness Nigel Farage says: "I fear that we are rapidly headed towards a very dark place."

Or home, as he likes to call it

Wolfnipplechips 03-09-2019 10:56 PM

Tactical to get rid of the Tories.

Probably means Liberals in Croydon South.

evvo111 03-09-2019 11:08 PM

My local MP has really helped me through some very difficult times. He is Labour, and I have voted Labour all my life, but if it wasn't him I would have serious doubts as I hate the anti-semitism within the Labour party,

El Aguila 03-09-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 14906540)
Tactical to get rid of the Tories.

Probably means Liberals in Croydon South.

It always has done.

adrenalin john 03-09-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foetus eagle (Post 14906535)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_eagle (Post 14906537)
Or home, as he likes to call it

Actually for a Farage, that probably means leaving home and coming out into the light. Tricky, but when Vampire's need to feed blood is a must

Maiden Eagle 04-09-2019 07:21 AM

This is going to be difficult for me.

Voted Labour on most occasions, I think once I went for the Lib Dems.

I could never ever go for the Blue mob, especially with that complete chancer in charge but I have become increasingly disillusioned with Labour, not just Corbyn, but when I hear most of them talk, I just want to turn off the radio !

I voted to remain but respected the result and I didn't want a 2nd referendum but this is basically what this GE (if it happens), will be about.

And I am in a marginal Tory seat, which Labour has to be aiming to win, if they are to have any chance of winning the GE, so my vote would be important.

So, I will probably vote Labour, just to get that complete shyster out. In saying that, The Tory press will out in force and I suspect, almost by default, that ****'s lot will get a decent majority in Parliament:frown:

GreatGonzo 04-09-2019 07:32 AM

Not sure until I can see it what each party is saying they will do on the full range of the manifesto.

The poll above would usually show a Labour win on the BBS so my interest in this poll is mainly about how well the Lib Dem’s do against Labour. The BBS is and always has been left leaning in these polls.

SE25 exile 04-09-2019 07:40 AM

Things are moving so rapidly at the moment, it is pointless to make a choice now. As others have said above it nearly always is tactical, and in the heat of Brexit, this will be even more apparent.

There could be a Tory/ Brexit party alliance, and an equal and opposite anti Brexit Alliance, if that happens.

The latest poll before Johnson's humiliation yesterday were showing a significant Tory lead, but I suspect this will change when manifestos are published. Theresa May called an election thinking she would easily win when she had a massive poll lead, and Johnson is obviously thinking the same now, despite it backfiring for her. Interesting times.

Worksop Palace 04-09-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhino_mik (Post 14906531)
It's got to depend on Labour's brexit stance. If they offer ref 2 with remain the they get my vote.

Votes for LDs in my constituency could risk the tories sneaking in.

FPTP is shit.

So in other words you want to rip up the original vote ? Youíre as bad as the politicians

Hpalace 04-09-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14906656)
So in other words you want to rip up the original vote ? Youíre as bad as the politicians

Iím worse. Iíd happily rip it up, set fire to it, extinguish it, set fire to it again and then dance on its ashes.

Sensible countries historically ask ďare you sureĒ when their electorate make silly decisions.

Twiggy 04-09-2019 07:49 AM

.... just give me a party that will specifically campaign for avoiding this unforgivable **** up known as brexit. It's against everything I hold dear in life.

Reps AJ 04-09-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14906656)

A referendum is either democratic or irreversible. It cant be both.

(Stolen from David Allen Green)