CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Beatles (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198394)

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:16 AM

Or get him a copy of this wonderful tome;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Life-.../dp/0954392108

Jack Regan 05-03-2010 08:24 AM

They played the ABC at Broad Green before if got knocked down (obviously).

Also, and not a lot of people know this, There's an office block near the top of Surrey Street called Davis House. This was built on the site of the old Davis Theatre which Buddy Holly and the Crickets played in 1958.

Anything you want to know about Croydon, I know it.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
Also, and not a lot of people know this, There's an office block near the top of Surrey Street called Davis House. This was built on the site of the old Davis Theatre which Buddy Holly and the Crickets played in 1958.

Anything you want to know about Croydon, I know it.

Someone who posts on here, went to see that gig, can't remember who.

Jack Regan 05-03-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Someone who posts on here, went to see that gig, can't remember who.

Just for a bit of fun, do you know who the compere of the gig was?

Clue: he was billed as an up and coming 'comedian', and is still on telly today.

moverman 05-03-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
Anything you want to know about Croydon, I know it.


OK Jack.

At what Croydon venue did Jimi Hendrix make his one and only appearance?

Clue, it was in February 1968.

Jack Regan 05-03-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moverman
OK Jack.

At what Croydon venue did Jimi Hendrix make his one and only appearance?

Clue, it was in February 1968.

Blimey. I'll have a guess at a pub in Broad Green.... The Star?

EDIT: or the Cartoon?

west country boy 05-03-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatleboy
So lets start off listing your achievements first Maidstoned and then we will compare them with those of John lennon in his tragically short life?

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/yeO0AhKPW5Y/default.jpg

garronrav 05-03-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
Just for a bit of fun, do you know who the compere of the gig was?

Clue: he was billed as an up and coming 'comedian', and is still on telly today.

bad guess mayb but was it ronnie corbett

moverman 05-03-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
Blimey. I'll have a guess at a pub in Broad Green.... The Star?


Top work, Regan. :p

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
Just for a bit of fun, do you know who the compere of the gig was?

Clue: he was billed as an up and coming 'comedian', and is still on telly today.

Was it Des O'Connor or West Country Boy?

Jack Regan 05-03-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Was it Des O'Connor or West Country Boy?

It was indeed, Des... well done ME!

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
It was indeed, Des... well done ME!

I know that Des and WCB are interchangeable.

garronrav 05-03-2010 08:43 AM

knowall

Jack Regan 05-03-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moverman
Top work, Regan. :p

Anything you want to know about Croydon, don't bother with Katherine Street library moverman, just ask me!

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garronrav
knowall

Mr knowall Sir, to you.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan
Anything you want to know about Croydon, don't bother with Katherine Street library moverman, just ask me!

Was it The Gun that used to be quite a popular venue in the 60's?

stevek 05-03-2010 08:45 AM

I once saw Ivor Biggun play at The Gun.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-03-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek
I once saw Ivor Biggun play at The Gun.

I bet you did.

Jack Regan 05-03-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Was it The Gun that used to be quite a popular venue in the 60's?

If you mean the one in Church Street, it's still popular now. If it's the one with the hall at the back of it near Old Palace school, I saw a Sex Pistols tribute act there in 1999

garronrav 05-03-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Mr knowall Sir, to you.

senor saber todo


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.