CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Can you teach me to post pictures? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167151)

lanepe 14-03-2008 04:49 PM

Can you teach me to post pictures?
 
Please can someone talk me through it, because I am a bit of a div.

Thanks.

PalaceMonkey 14-03-2008 04:52 PM

poor pete :(

http://tcsbuildingbridges.files.word...7/04/dunce.jpg

Oddjob 14-03-2008 04:53 PM

Little Matt posted a good explanation on a thread a while back

I'm ••••ed if I can remember which one though.

PalaceMonkey 14-03-2008 04:59 PM

simple way


click on post reply


click on IMG


insert picture URL.


click ok.



job done.

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:08 PM

:D

Thanks for the pic.

OK, starting from the basics I just checked out 'URL' on wikipedia and now (sort of) know what you are talking about.

But say I do a search on google images and see the picture I want, how do I get the URL? Do I need to click on the image to find the original source of the photo and then copy the address beggining 'http'?

Sorry for being special.

CK 14-03-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
simple way

click on post reply

click on IMG

insert picture URL.

click ok.

job done.

That probably made sense to you:(

brighton_eagle 14-03-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lanepe
:D

Thanks for the pic.

OK, starting from the basics I just checked out 'URL' on wikipedia and now (sort of) know what you are talking about.

But say I do a search on google images and see the picture I want, how do I get the URL? Do I need to click on the image to find the original source of the photo and then copy the address beggining 'http'?

Sorry for being special.

In firefox on pc, right click on an image, select copy image location, then start a new post on BBS, click img button and paste (Control V) the image location into pop up window and submit.

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:25 PM

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DX

Edit: Booooooooooooooooooo

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by brighton_eagle
In firefox on pc, right click on an image, select copy image location, then start a new post on BBS, click img button and paste (Control V) the image location into pop up window and submit.
Firefox?

When I right click I don't have 'copy image location'. I do get 'Copy Shortcut' which is what I tried above. Failed again :(

brighton_eagle 14-03-2008 05:29 PM

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...l%3Den%26sa%3DX

isn't an image.

http://images.wildmadagascar.org/pic...Fossa_Tana.jpg

is.

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:31 PM

Thanks b_e.

I can post a link. I just can't post an actual picture in the post.

Hedgehog 14-03-2008 05:32 PM

PM mrgins..... he is an expert.

NO1FAN 14-03-2008 05:33 PM

Find a picture on the net that you like right click on that picture and select properties there you will find the URL of that picture thats the URL that you want to enter when posting

brighton_eagle 14-03-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lanepe
Thanks b_e.

I can post a link. I just can't post an actual picture in the post.

So, take the url http://images.wildmadagascar.org/pic...Fossa_Tana.jpg

click the img button when you make a post and put that url in it and you get:

http://images.wildmadagascar.org/pic...Fossa_Tana.jpg

NO1FAN 14-03-2008 05:34 PM

The first picture that came up when entering boobs into Google :D

http://www.bennadel.com/resources/up...sion_boobs.jpg

brighton_eagle 14-03-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NO1FAN
The first picture that came up when entering boobs into Google :D

http://www.bennadel.com/resources/up...sion_boobs.jpg

Ben Nadel has cool pics on his blog.

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:42 PM

Edit: Failed again.

You might wanna leave me to it. I get the feeling it might take a while :)

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:46 PM

http://images.wildmadagascar.org/pi..._Fossa_Tana.jpg

Chester 14-03-2008 05:46 PM

Alternative.

Open up an account with www.photobucket.com or any of the other image hosting websites.

Right click picture

Go to "save as"

Save in "My Pictures"

Go to website

Click "My Album"

"Browse"

Find the picture you want and double click

Press upload

When the picture has uploaded right click the IMG URL

Copy

Come back to bbs

Paste

Hit reply button

lanepe 14-03-2008 05:47 PM

http://http://tbn0.google.com/images...ww.wilson-</a>


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.