CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Jack Butland (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278301)

Sp1Eagle 02-03-2019 10:50 PM

Jack Butland

CRYSTAL PALACE are heading the chase to grab Stoke’s England keeper Jack Butland.

Palace have been checking on the 25-year-old and are plotting a raid as he faces up to a second season outside the Premier League with the Potters.

Butland stood by his club when they were relegated last year.

But the time to move on could be this summer as Stoke look set to miss out on promotion. They could cash in on Butland — and Palace are on red alert.

The South Londoners have doubts about Spanish keeper Vicente Guaita’s long-term commitment, so they may have a vacancy.

And if Guaita heads back to La Liga, then Palace will be in a position to make an offer for highly-respected Butland.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ace-stoke-15m/

Shipp Ahoy! 02-03-2019 11:01 PM

Yes please!

Don't blame Vicente if we drop him for Hennessey.

aj4england 02-03-2019 11:29 PM

By the way Roy was chatting with Joe Hart today there might be an approach , but I doubt it

1905 02-03-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14671575)
By the way Roy was chatting with Joe Hart today there might be an approach , but I doubt it

Bloody hell, let’s hope not.

Palace43 03-03-2019 12:34 AM

Would be a good buy, I imagine a lot of clubs would be after him, though.

Chelsea may well be after the whole Kepa situation. Or if Pickford leaves Everton for a bigger club, then I imagine Everton will be targeting him. The same with Man United and De Gea.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 03-03-2019 12:54 AM

Would rather keep Guaita. Just when we thought we had the keeper situation sorted...

carter 03-03-2019 12:58 AM

£15M would be cheap. Would be very happy to sign him at that price!

Stan the man 03-03-2019 01:02 AM

Part ex for Hennessey, Guaita as no 2, would be excellent bit of business.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 03-03-2019 01:04 AM

I would be pleased to get Butland. I like Vicente but I still think its a position we could upgrade in and I'm not convinced he is the big improvement on Wayne that others think he is. Butland is obviously several years younger than those two as well.

I won't spend too much time thinking about the summer window yet but does anyone know what his form has been like this season?

lewisuk 03-03-2019 01:08 AM

He is one of those keepers looks good pulls off great saves but has a coupe of big clangers in there most seasons when he plays. Chuck in his dodgy ankle that made him miss roughly 12 months maybe a little more in the last few seasons and I class 15 mil a risk. It if he was to sign for us I would back him as I do any player with sign

cappuccinoeagle 03-03-2019 02:01 AM

Quote:

Was in goal when Roy was England manager, I’m guessing, so just catching up, I think!

red&blue_moomin 03-03-2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 14671547)
CRYSTAL PALACE are heading the chase to grab Stoke’s England keeper Jack Butland.

Palace have been checking on the 25-year-old and are plotting a raid as he faces up to a second season outside the Premier League with the Potters.

Butland stood by his club when they were relegated last year.

But the time to move on could be this summer as Stoke look set to miss out on promotion. They could cash in on Butland — and Palace are on red alert.

The South Londoners have doubts about Spanish keeper Vicente Guaita’s long-term commitment, so they may have a vacancy.

And if Guaita heads back to La Liga, then Palace will be in a position to make an offer for highly-respected Butland.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ace-stoke-15m/

This stinks of an agent or someone trying it on to engineer a move. Does no one find it odd that the Sun comes out with this on the day Roy gives him a rest after a three game match week. Its opportunistic rubbish. Before Vicente joined there were constant reports that he was off to a 'big' european side. That turned out to be utter bollocks as well.

We picked up the fourth best goalkeeper in La Liga on a free which means we'll be paying him a huge whack of cash. What might be a bigger issue is extending his contract as he only has a three year deal.

Garfy 03-03-2019 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14671650)
This stinks of an agent or someone trying it on to engineer a move. Does no one find it odd that the Sun comes out with this on the day Roy gives him a rest after a three game match week. Its opportunistic rubbish. Before Vicente joined there were constant reports that he was off to a 'big' european side. That turned out to be utter bollocks as well.

We picked up the fourth best goalkeeper in La Liga on a free which means we'll be paying him a huge whack of cash. What might be a bigger issue is extending his contract as he only has a three year deal.

Chelsea spend £71m on a keeper not noticeably better. If Vicente left in the summer it certainly wouldn’t be a free and I suspect would be in excess of £15m.

Oisin 03-03-2019 04:51 AM

Its the Sun

gold76 03-03-2019 08:04 AM

Butland will surely be on the move this summer and there will probably be one marquee signing you'd have thought..

I just couldn't see us splashing £20 million a keeper.

Chelsea may be keen after Kepa's goofing, as Willy and Green aren't young..

Gooners will need to replace Cech too

gold76 03-03-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

As an aside Burnley have 3 fair keepers..

Pope is decent..

old traf 03-03-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 14671742)
Butland will surely be on the move this summer and there will probably be one marquee signing you'd have thought..

I just couldn't see us splashing £20 million a keeper.

Chelsea may be keen after Kepa's goofing, as Willy and Green aren't young..

Gooners will need to replace Cech too

We broke the transfer record with Martin. 1Ml

GB2506 03-03-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Bloody hope not, the bloke is done.

Maidstoned Eagle 03-03-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Hart was Roys England keeper.

Jim Cannon 03-03-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14671650)

Agree totally. Also, the way Roy has spoken about Guaita recently and how he has worked hard to settle here, and understood he had to wait for his chance suggests this is 2+2=5