CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Limited Funds Again This Summer (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278994)

Dannea 10-05-2019 06:50 PM

Limited Funds Again This Summer

Reading online and social media we havenít got much to spend again. Sounds like weíre in for a fun close season.

cpfcfan1 10-05-2019 06:53 PM

All our money is tied up in wages.

AJ's right boot 10-05-2019 06:53 PM

Keeping Wilf and AWB will represent a decent window.

mushroom 10-05-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannea (Post 14756672)
Reading online and social media we havenít got much to spend again. Sounds like weíre in for a fun close season.

If thereís no money... there is nothing we can do about it... 95% will accept we have limited resources.. 4% will moan, 1% will think they know better than SP... despite him being a successful businessman, and them working as a security guard/postman.

Shipp Ahoy! 10-05-2019 07:10 PM

We have spent big over the years especially with the wage bill. No surprises we won't spend big... Unless a big sale of course.

I honestly would be happy if we kept our squad with a youngster or two coming in.

We don't need to after all. Survival is the goal... Would be nice if we could have a bit of luck that pushes us into contention for top 10 rather than counting points to the zone.

Dannea 10-05-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14756688)
If thereís no money... there is nothing we can do about it... 95% will accept we have limited resources.. 4% will moan, 1% will think they know better than SP... despite him being a successful businessman, and them working as a security guard/postman.

Iíve got no issue with the club having no money/limited money... but I donít have faith in the infrastructure in spending that money wisely on new additions. I think a lot of fans have reservations about the clubs ability to do sensible business. Of recent signings the only notable player who seems good business is Vicenete Guaita. Hereís to hoping the club have learnt from past mistakes and are more effective this summer.

Thefunkymonk 10-05-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannea (Post 14756694)
Iíve got no issue with the club having no money/limited money... but I donít have faith in the infrastructure in spending that money wisely on new additions. I think a lot of fans have reservations about the clubs ability to do sensible business. Of recent signings the only notable player who seems good business is Vicenete Guaita. Hereís to hoping the club have learnt from past mistakes and are more effective this summer.

Have a look at our starting lien up against Spurs in our first game after promotion.......

Now look our best 11 this season...

Have some faith

ebyeeckeagle 10-05-2019 08:00 PM

Yeah, keep the players we want and we will be fine. Just need Max to kick on and a RLC type ball carrier in midfield. Oh, and can we have a striker unless Ben remembers his job. Perhaps a creative AM for alternatives. And maybe bolster the CBs and a LB.

Fine otherwise.

aj4england 10-05-2019 08:09 PM

Reece James on loan , maybe another loan and perhaps one purchase . If we can keep special two

teesdale99 10-05-2019 08:32 PM

Hate to say it but if funds are tight and we can get 50m for a1b and keep zaha I’d let him go to find a new rb, striker and attacking midfielder.

Reg_Maudling 10-05-2019 08:44 PM

would be happy enough I suppose with just de ligt from ajax

exiledeagle 10-05-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14756719)
Have a look at our starting lien up against Spurs in our first game after promotion.......

Have some faith

Shows what a good job Tony Pulis did , we ended in with 45 points

Glɑzier 10-05-2019 09:56 PM

Plenty of posters have alluded to this already, indirectly, but the whole no money thing isn't really a surprise to anyone who even so much as glanced in the direction of the clubs accounts when they were released recently.

They show a £33 million loss owing to player costs. We need to sell to make up the debt, or let our owners carry this debt, that will potentially increase if we do spend anything.

I agree we just about have the players to stay up if we don't buy anyone, but don't sell big players either of course. That means the wage bill will remain high even accounting for recent offloads (all on lowish wages AFAIK), and therefore debt will continue to accumulate. That is to say, we will continue to run at a deficit i.e. a loss, as all the big earners, except Mutch, will still be here.

Once we have offloaded the likes of Wickham (I don't dislike him) and various others (possibly Benteke), perhaps we will start to be able to steer the ship out of the rather choppy financial waters we currently find ourselves in.

theCoach 10-05-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 14756719)

Have some faith

Needed saying and others reminded.
We do need to replace

speroni
Souare
jairo (he's off)
Bats
Ayew

2 of those are match day players so there will be incoming.

MAW 10-05-2019 10:23 PM

As many have said, keeping Wilf and AWB will feel like two major new signings.

Plus

... two new Premier League players on loan?

... an established Championship player or two?

Not too expensive, surely?

wavey 10-05-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theCoach (Post 14756796)
Needed saying and others reminded.
We do need to replace

speroni
Souare
jairo (he's off)
Bats
Ayew

2 of those are match day players so there will be incoming.

You could argue that Speroni's replacement is already here in Perri - no idea if he's up to it though. Not sure we need to replace Souare, we have cover for that position already.

Replacing Jairo with a better midfielder - especially a creative one would be an excellent move. And I expect we'll use those two loan spots again - I wouldn't be at all surprised if one is a striker and the other a creative wide player.

And on the FYP pod they mentioned Ayew is available for 4 mil. An extra place up the table would pay for that. We might resign Sako also if the wages were sensible.

If that was all the business we did over the summer, and no further additions, I would be pretty happy.

Pete79 10-05-2019 11:04 PM

Meyer, Guaita and Kouyate cost £10 million in transfer fee’s (which was obviously all on Kouyate).

I think we should take a similar approach this summer. Perhaps a back up CB and a young forward. Keeping Zaha is the priority (if possible) followed by a bit of creativity in midfield. The use of a few loans can allow us to prioritise funds on fewer positions.

Meanwhile we’re possibly losing all of Puncheon, Wickham, Souare, Speroni, Sako and Reidewald. That should free up some wages without having any effect on the match day squad which will be completely free of non contributors (aka ‘deadwood’) for the first time since our return to the PL.

I think the squad is in very good shape heading into summer - so long as Zaha stays.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-05-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teesdale99 (Post 14756743)
Hate to say it but if funds are tight and we can get 50m for a1b and keep zaha Iíd let him go to find a new rb, striker and attacking midfielder.

Would rather shift Sakho for £30M and, with the wage bill cutting coming up by removing several non-playing 'players,' we should be able to get a reasonable replacement from the Championship on sane wages and get in a midfielder able to do something other than pass to wingers. Bradley Dack, maybe. Then we should be able to swing a striker purchase out of the money made this season. Selling AWB right now if we can avoid it is not the best policy. He will be a £100M player in a few years and that's when we sell, if possible.

steve hail 11-05-2019 02:55 AM

I still think Yohan Cabaye would be a useful person to have on the bench, if he was prepared to do that for a reasonable wage, and if he could get properly fit.

HRP 11-05-2019 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve hail (Post 14756854)
I still think Yohan Cabaye would be a useful person to have on the bench, if he was prepared to do that for a reasonable wage, and if he could get properly fit.

How about we get Andy Gray back as well