CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

out vile jelly 13-08-2017 11:07 AM

Jesus Christ guys! Give the guy a chance. We moan for seasons about not giving youth a chance and then, when we actually play young players, we are on their case in their very first game...

It doesn't matter that he has played in that system before: he's young, he is playing with a new team, in a new league, with one of the other CBs only a week into his time at the club.

Lots of things to work on, sure, but get a bloody grip!

eagleborn 13-08-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by out vile jelly (Post 13777162)
Jesus Christ guys! Give the guy a chance. We moan for seasons about not giving youth a chance and then, when we actually play young players, we are on their case in their very first game...

It doesn't matter that he has played in that system before: he's young, he is playing with a new team, in a new league, with one of the other CBs only a week into his time at the club.

Yep. Some people on here criticise whatever the c see. It's embarrassing. First we don't play enough youth. Then the youth we play aren't home grown. Then the youth aren't good enough. There is no winning with some posters on here. I do wonder why they support palace some times given that they don't see any positives whatsoever

Stavros 69 13-08-2017 11:18 AM

I thought he looked pretty good for a first game.

spt1978 13-08-2017 11:19 AM

Will need games to settle in, think he will be a good signing.

mcmean 13-08-2017 11:22 AM

Was poor yesterday. He got absolutely bardged off the ball after about 2 minutes and there were a few knowing worried looks around me. Arguably at fault for the second when he didn't get anywhere near the bloke who headed it in, mainly because he didn't know he was there. PVA gave him a bollocking right away.

Hopefully just first game nerves and needs to settle in, but it shows you what a difference Premier League experience makes - TFM was brilliant yesterday, dominated in the air and looked very astute with the ball at his feet. We all need to remember they're both 20 and 19 respectively

mb23 13-08-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by out vile jelly (Post 13777162)

Wasn't good yesterday, but it would be stupid to write him off.

However, from what I saw he's clearly not PL ready. A couple more performances like that and I worry that his confidence will be absolutely shot. Worry for him massively against Liverpool next week, for example.

He'll have to play as things stand as he's the only LCB we have (apart from Damo). But I really think we should go all out for Sakho and then ease Riedewald, as I don't think he's ready yet. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong in the coming weeks, and I think he'll still be a very good signing in the long term.

carter 13-08-2017 02:10 PM

If anything he needs to be playing where Puncheon is. He is not a centre back for the Premier League right now. Needs to get faster and stronger. The second and third goal yesterday was piss poor from him. I hope this doesn't turn in to a Moyes/Januzaj relationship where he is the pet

NorthPalace23 13-08-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmean (Post 13777207)
Was poor yesterday. He got absolutely bardged off the ball after about 2 minutes and there were a few knowing worried looks around me. Arguably at fault for the second when he didn't get anywhere near the bloke who headed it in, mainly because he didn't know he was there. PVA gave him a bollocking right away.

Hopefully just first game nerves and needs to settle in, but it shows you what a difference Premier League experience makes - TFM was brilliant yesterday, dominated in the air and looked very astute with the ball at his feet. We all need to remember they're both 20 and 19 respectively

Neither should've started.

Both should've been given time to settle in at the club. It is ridiculous that a 19year old at the club for 2 days gets in ahead of Tomkins.

What great man management by De Boer, wouldn't surprise me if there are splits in the dressing room already.

Watch the replay of the second goal. Anyone who thinks Reidewald should be starting is mental.

jimmy the gent 13-08-2017 02:18 PM

Three Dutch players at the club, all started yesterday. Dutch manager, dutch assistant. Long standing premiership players dropped to accommodate debutants. Yep, can't see any potential for cliques or dressing room splits there...

smoll 13-08-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 13777592)

Both should've been given time to settle in at the club. It is ridiculous that a 19year old at the club for 2 days gets in ahead of Tomkins.

What great man management by De Boer, wouldn't surprise me if there are splits in the dressing room already.

Watch the replay of the second goal. Anyone who thinks Reidewald should be starting is mental.

Spot on

Martin H 13-08-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 13777592)

Crikey, watch the replay for the third and tell me why you would select Tomkins if that is the rationale. Fosu-Mensah had a very good game and not sure what you didn't like. Jairo definitely made mistakes but the rest of his play was encouraging. Need to know how good he can be in the air before knowing if he is best at DCM rather than LCB but don't see the problem with him starting.

PremierPalace 13-08-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy the gent (Post 13777597)
Three Dutch players at the club, all started yesterday. Dutch manager, dutch assistant. Long standing premiership players dropped to accommodate debutants. Yep, can't see any potential for cliques or dressing room splits there...

Van Aanholt was already here. Fosu Mensah was probably our second best player yesterday. Riedewald is one of Europe's top prospects. Chill.

NorthPalace23 15-08-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13777613)
Crikey, watch the replay for the third and tell me why you would select Tomkins if that is the rationale. Fosu-Mensah had a very good game and not sure what you didn't like. Jairo definitely made mistakes but the rest of his play was encouraging. Need to know how good he can be in the air before knowing if he is best at DCM rather than LCB but don't see the problem with him starting.

Tomkins has over 200 games of Premier League experience.

Last season we looked good with Sakho and Tomkins at the back. I'm a big fan of both. They were our best two centre backs last season. I like Dann but for me personally he needs to be a squad player like Puncheon.

As for Rediewald he has not done anything to earn the shirt, other than being Dutch and joining from a big club.

He was just as culpable for their third goal as Tomkins who had only just come on.

Tomkins and Sakho at the back in a 4-5-1 formation going forward Mr De Boer.

Fosu Mensah like Rediewald is a good player but they need time to adapt to the club and the Premier League. They should be squad players. They aren't good enough or experienced enough to walk into our team.

rhiannapaul 15-08-2017 08:36 PM

just another ordinary player laughing all the way to the bank

so bog adverage

rhiannapaul 15-08-2017 08:36 PM

PHIL BARBER 15-08-2017 08:37 PM

Gutless defending of a cross

eagleborn 15-08-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiannapaul (Post 13781719)
just another ordinary player laughing all the way to the bank

so bog adverage

Based on one performance? You joker.

Mr Palace 15-08-2017 08:47 PM

Riedewald is young and needs time but if he plays again like that then he will have to be dropped. His defending for the second and third goals was abject. I can only assume that in holland it's not very physical or fast paced as he seemed shocked by Mounie's presence. Hopefully he will quickly adapt.

maestro 15-08-2017 08:49 PM

We bought a defender because he can pass.......

Great

eagleborn 15-08-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 13781742)
We bought a defender because he can pass.......

Great

Yet when Delaney just hoofed it he was slated for losing the ball. There really is no winning is there.

Give him a bloody chance.