CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

GreatGonzo 16-08-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1 (Post 13782366)
That is the only thing that was Wrong,as Stated by Frank De Boer,there is a Right-Time & a Wrong-Time,& area,to Play the Short Passing Game.
None of the Goals came from this,However.
Its only 1 Game & Plenty of Time to Get it Right.
With the International Break coming up,Wilf Zaha,could,only Miss 2 Games,Liverpool & Swansea.

The second goal came from him not getting off the ground to challenge Mounie, the 3rd he is holding Mounie 40- yards from goal and then he is nowhere. I think Scott Dann should have been taking more responsibility for Mounie.

Mr Palace 16-08-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1 (Post 13782320)
Booing is Pathetic at Any-Time,the Booing of the National Team is a,Huge,Reason why the Team is Poor & No Trophy since 1966.

You've spouted this line before and it's total and utter bollocks. I got to England games and the fans rarely boo. There are multiple reasons why our national team has consistently under-achieved but the fans aren't one. You do talk a lot of nonsense.

JackTheBiscuit 16-08-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1 (Post 13782320)
Booing is Pathetic at Any-Time,the Booing of the National Team is a,Huge,Reason why the Team is Poor & No Trophy since 1966.

Boooooooooooo. Get off

Nigelbrag 16-08-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13781761)
He needs a chance and time to adapt. I think it's high risk throwing him straight in, especially alongside another inexperienced defender and a new system. But he clearly has talent and hopefully he can quickly adapt.

This is spot on.

Personally i feel for now he needs to slot into a less pressured position in the team to gain experience of the premiership, and then be moved back into defence if need be.
Ideally if we persist with 3 at the back then for me it needs to be with the right balance, i see Mensah, Dann and if possible Sakho as the right combination and experience, and with Luka in front for added protection for the defence and midfield.
Then Cabaye with Loftus-Cheek and Riediwald alongside in midfield for added experience alongside youth, and a Front Three of Zaha, Benteke and Van Persie to give us that extra firepower that we desperately need, i feel we are then competitive in ALL areas.

Palestinian 16-08-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minch1 (Post 13781826)
What concerned me was that after the couple of errors he didn't seem to want the ball, which meant when he did get it he was passing back to Hennesey and putting him in trouble. Between them they were playing the hot potato game, I don't want it you have it. He just didn't seem ready to be plunged in at the deep end. As a result the whole back line started to look nervy. His first game should have been as a sub in mid field.

That's at least partly because Huddersfield made changes - for the first 15 minutes they were content to let us slowly pass the ball out without putting any of our defenders under pressure. It was really noticeable that just before their first there must have been an instruction from Wagner to close us down more. From then on they pushed 2 or 3 players forward and put Riedewald and the other CBs under pressure. This pressure only lessened a little once WH started mixing it up with a few aimless punts upfield, but that took almost until half time. The damage to Riedewald's confidence had been done by then.

With a 'leader' next to him like Sakho I think that he may well prove to be a good signing, but with Dann alongside I will continue to worry.

DHeagle 16-08-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigelbrag (Post 13782486)
This is spot on.

Personally i feel for now he needs to slot into a less pressured position in the team to gain experience of the premiership, and then be moved back into defence if need be.
Ideally if we persist with 3 at the back then for me it needs to be with the right balance, i see Mensah, Dann and if possible Sakho as the right combination and experience, and with Luka in front for added protection for the defence and midfield.
Then Cabaye with Loftus-Cheek and Riediwald alongside in midfield for added experience alongside youth, and a Front Three of Zaha, Benteke and Van Persie to give us that extra firepower that we desperately need, i feel we are then competitive in ALL areas.

Where does the width come from in that team? Assuming we're playing a similar system, it's more square pegs in round holes. And if we change the system, only one player in that side can offer us any natural width.

red&blue_moomin 16-08-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 13781639)
Tomkins has over 200 games of Premier League experience.

Last season we looked good with Sakho and Tomkins at the back. I'm a big fan of both. They were our best two centre backs last season. I like Dann but for me personally he needs to be a squad player like Puncheon.

As for Rediewald he has not done anything to earn the shirt, other than being Dutch and joining from a big club.

He was just as culpable for their third goal as Tomkins who had only just come on.

Tomkins and Sakho at the back in a 4-5-1 formation going forward Mr De Boer.

Fosu Mensah like Rediewald is a good player but they need time to adapt to the club and the Premier League. They should be squad players. They aren't good enough or experienced enough to walk into our team.

We need to pretty much change our entire defence barring the left fbs. They weren't that great under BFS either 5-0, 4-0, 3-1, 3-0 losses, 2-0 losses with a few 1-0s thrown in for good measure (these are only the defeats under BFS, which were actually worse than under Pardew) do not make me think 4231 is the way forward. It's not the system it's players that don't press, stand off allow shots to be made, a goal keeper that doesn't command his backline, has no authority, can't distribute and is always spilling the ball. A senior CB who seems to have forgotten how to organis and be a leader.

Bobby Smith 16-08-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigelbrag (Post 13782486)
This is spot on.

No full backs or wing backs? The only natural width provided by Zaha?

Are you sure?

(Just seen this is repeating a post further down the chain; great minds think alike!)

Bobby Smith 16-08-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13782501)
We need to pretty much change our entire defence barring the left fbs. They weren't that great under BFS either 5-0, 4-0, 3-1, 3-0 losses, 2-0 losses with a few 1-0s thrown in for good measure (these are only the defeats under BFS, which were actually worse than under Pardew) do not make me think 4231 is the way forward. It's not the system it's players that don't press, stand off allow shots to be made, a goal keeper that doesn't command his backline, has no authority, can't distribute and is always spilling the ball. A senior CB who seems to have forgotten how to organis and be a leader.

Do you believe we're going to change our entire defence in one transfer window?

My understanding is that BFS wanted to implement a back 3 throughout the club, from Academy to 1st XI. But he wasn't planning to do that overnight.

sydnsteve 16-08-2017 12:55 PM

I thought he looked a little boy lost. Did not even jump for their second goal. How can that possibly be? Hope he improves dramatically before Anfield.

Nelson Muntz 16-08-2017 01:01 PM

Not read the whole thread, but my first thoughts were that he looked way out of his depth.
Hopefully first night nerves and he'll improve.

Lombardo's hair 16-08-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 13782402)
The second goal came from him not getting off the ground to challenge Mounie, the 3rd he is holding Mounie 40- yards from goal and then he is nowhere. I think Scott Dann should have been taking more responsibility for Mounie.

When I first read this I thought he'd fallen over. Now realise you meant he should have jumped. I also think Hennessey should be more proactive in anticipating crosses. He is alway rooted to his line Even if he just came out and missued it it would probably put the attacker off. I think he's scared of being clattered

Lombardo's hair 16-08-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Smith (Post 13782522)
Do you believe we're going to change our entire defence in one transfer window?

My understanding is that BFS wanted to implement a back 3 throughout the club, from Academy to 1st XI. But he wasn't planning to do that overnight.

when can you implement such a change? The only way to do so is by playing that way. Chelsea did change over night last season. I look at Saturdays defeat as one similar to the Sunderland 0 4. They like Huddersfield were flattered by the scoreline. A better ref and we may have got at least a draw. If wilf had taken an early chance who knows what would have happened. Football is unpredictable a bad decision a good day for opposition great saves all distort results.

Bobby Smith 16-08-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 13782566)
when can you implement such a change? The only way to do so is by playing that way. Chelsea did change over night last season. I look at Saturdays defeat as one similar to the Sunderland 0 4. They like Huddersfield were flattered by the scoreline. A better ref and we may have got at least a draw. If wilf had taken an early chance who knows what would have happened. Football is unpredictable a bad decision a good day for opposition great saves all distort results.

I don't agree with your assessment but with respect I think you've missed the point. Two weeks left of the current transfer window and the OP suggested that we needed to get in new players bar the left back. I might be wrong but I don't think that's going to happen.

jimmy the gent 16-08-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale (Post 13782243)
Booing passes to the keeper is so British its nuts. Keep the ball is what its all about.

Pathetic to boo like that.

This is why the national team is so poor.

Three nil down and knocking it around the centre circle for four or five pointless 6 yarders, then back to the keeper is pretty f*cking piss weak when you're three nil down at home on the opening game of the season, to be fair.

jimmy the gent 16-08-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 13782566)

Playng two debutants barely out their teens at CB, a limited Full Back at Right Midfield, after he's only had 20mins first team football pre season, and not preparing a coherent strategy based on your oppo's weakness', all had a lot more affect on that game than the ref and a couple of their players playing well.

minch1 16-08-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 13781639)
Tomkins has over 200 games of Premier League experience.

Last season we looked good with Sakho and Tomkins at the back. I'm a big fan of both. They were our best two centre backs last season. I like Dann but for me personally he needs to be a squad player like Puncheon.

As for Rediewald he has not done anything to earn the shirt, other than being Dutch and joining from a big club.

He was just as culpable for their third goal as Tomkins who had only just come on.

Tomkins and Sakho at the back in a 4-5-1 formation going forward Mr De Boer.

Fosu Mensah like Rediewald is a good player but they need time to adapt to the club and the Premier League. They should be squad players. They aren't good enough or experienced enough to walk into our team.

I agree with everything you said except the Dann comment. Dann like Tomkins has a lot of experience and has scored some crucial goals. I agree we need to think again about the "if he's Dutch he must be good and ready to go straight in" . Last Saturday showed that he wasn't ready and he should have been introduced gradually. Leaving Tomkins on the bench for the opener was ridiculous. Just as leaving Townsend on the bench was. The more I think about it and the consequential defeat the more galling it becomes. Bbs

Penstone Eagle 16-08-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy the gent (Post 13782586)
Playng two debutants barely out their teens at CB, a limited Full Back at Right Midfield, after he's only had 20mins first team football pre season, and not preparing a coherent strategy based on your oppo's weakness', all had a lot more affect on that game than the ref and a couple of their players playing well.

Spot on.

Naive from FdB.

Mr Palace 16-08-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy the gent (Post 13782584)
Three nil down and knocking it around the centre circle for four or five pointless 6 yarders, then back to the keeper is pretty f*cking piss weak when you're three nil down at home on the opening game of the season, to be fair.

This is why possession based football like this is boring and pointless. Very few teams can play possession football the way it needs to be played. We aren't one of them - unless we sign 5-6 quality players who are significantly more technical than the majority of players we have.

James SG 16-08-2017 05:35 PM

A 20 year old centre back has had one bad game along with 9 of his teammates on the day. Give the lad some time!