CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800902)
Awful signing. It now seems he was our entire transfer budget. Ridiculous to sign a youngster with no PL experience, who appears by all accounts to have no defensive ability as a defender in a back 3.

I agree he was awful against Huddersfield but it was one game. He may well have suffered with nerves, particularly after his early mistake presenting a chance to Ince but we can't write him off on the basis of one match. He clearly can pass the ball out from the back (something FDB wants). He does need to improve defensively from his debut, and fairly quickly too, but let's give him more than one game before making a final judgement.

Also, it wasn't our entire transfer budget. We had enough to make two promising looking season long loans and we are clearly still trying to spend more.

For what it's worth, on the basis of his debut I have some concerns about the signing but to write him off completely at the moment is a bit daft.

Anyway, I believe he is starting today. I am away and won't be able to stream so I will be interested in people's opinions on this thread after today's game. Let's hope he has a better game!

Maz 26-08-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13800909)
He was woeful against Huddersfield and made no attempt to defend the first goal, proper schoolboy stuff. I have seen videos of him at Ajax which seem to also suggest he has very little defensive abilities.

When you post as definitively as this, it only leads to one possible conclusion; you either know more about football than FdB, or your post is a rubbish.

If you can see another likely conclusion let us know.

Riley 26-08-2017 11:17 AM

Jairo Riedewald discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13800914)
WTF!

Sometimes this is the only sane retort.

This is one of those times.

Martin H 26-08-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 13800937)
Sometimes this is the only sane retort.

This is one of those times.

I did start to put together a post but just deleted it because this has to be a troll post - whether the user is a troll or not. No one can be that ........

Beneaglee 26-08-2017 12:31 PM

does anyone remember how crap Jedinak was for the first three months?

Lombardo's hair 26-08-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13800919)
I agree he was awful against Huddersfield but it was one game. He may well have suffered with nerves, particularly after his early mistake presenting a chance to Ince but we can't write him off on the basis of one match. He clearly can pass the ball out from the back (something FDB wants). He does need to improve defensively from his debut, and fairly quickly too, but let's give him more than one game before making a final judgement.

Also, it wasn't our entire transfer budget. We had enough to make two promising looking season long loans and we are clearly still trying to spend more.

For what it's worth, on the basis of his debut I have some concerns about the signing but to write him off completely at the moment is a bit daft.

Anyway, I believe he is starting today. I am away and won't be able to stream so I will be interested in people's opinions on this thread after today's game. Let's hope he has a better game!

Give him more than 1 game? Are you mad. You've got to be brilliant from get go or you aren't good enough evenue for a pub team!!! What is wrong with you. Don't you understand football? You are only as good as your first error.

Thefunkymonk 26-08-2017 12:41 PM

This thread is embarrassing. Some utter ****s on this board

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 01:09 PM

Not involved today either. I was wrong. Wonder if he failed a late fitness test?

PHIL BARBER 26-08-2017 01:15 PM

Has Riedewald bottled it after his horror story against Huddersfield.

TWELLSEagle 26-08-2017 01:37 PM

Still personally want to see Jairo in a midfield 3 with Luka and Cabaye, punch being dropped.

st albans 26-08-2017 02:02 PM

I said it at the time and I hope I'm proved wrong but was a completely pointless singing

PALACEWU 26-08-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13801200)
I said it at the time and I hope I'm proved wrong but was a completely pointless singing

:hi:

Dick.

Nigelbrag 26-08-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13800932)
When you post as definitively as this, it only leads to one possible conclusion; you either know more about football than FdB, or your post is a rubbish.

He does not have to be a connoisseur of football to realise the rubbish that is being served up currently. Maybe it's you that needs to take your Red White and Blue specs off.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-08-2017 03:42 PM

The other massive worry is that the 3 at the back doesn't seem to be working for us and if we go to a back 4 then that probably means our only permanent signing, who cost a big whack of our tight budget, won't even play anymore. Surely he was signed specifically to play left side of a back 3?

Alternatively, if he became our first choice left back that would mean we have £25m worth of left backs signed 7 months ago out of the side.

Or our first choice defensive midfield, which would mean a player we spent about £12m on 7 months ago is out of the side.

davemorris04 26-08-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

There is one obvious one and that is without the signings we need we are going down.

Son of Ron 26-08-2017 04:45 PM

We have to go 4 at the back and if fit that is

TFM
Dann
Tomkins
Souare

But bearing in mind one is never fit 3 games in a row and one might never be again

Ward
Dann
TFM
PVA

Either way looks better than 3 at the back and no Jairo

kark 26-08-2017 06:07 PM

He is the repeat of Jose Campaña: lot of hype but will not deliver. Will play two or three more times and will be sold shortly after FdB is sacked

Shipp Ahoy! 26-08-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kark (Post 13802950)
He is the repeat of Jose Campaña: lot of hype but will not deliver. Will play two or three more times and will be sold shortly after FdB is sacked

:wallbash:

eastend eagle 26-08-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Not sure that anything he said is particularly
deniable. What in particular do you take issue with?

Penstone Eagle 26-08-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastend eagle (Post 13803018)
What in particular do you take issue with?

Usually everything.