CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Celestial Empire 17-11-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple&Stupid (Post 15504262)
Also from Wiki: 93% of the Dutch population of the Netherlands speak English.

Although many Dutch people speak fluent English, that stat is nonsense.
It's mostly about education, not age. Location is another factor - smaller towns in eastern Holland are less likely to speak English fluently.
Also remember that Holland has a large recent-immigrant population.

Interesting factoid: Fries language (northern Holland), is in the same "west Germanic" language group as English - some phrases sound very much like English.

Old Joe Paxton 17-11-2020 11:31 PM

Friesland? Aren't they all giants there? Not that the Dutch are small .

Simple&Stupid 17-11-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15504387)
And a lot older on Saturday :D

Have a great one Saturday. Fijne Verjaardag
:D

Sleeping Giant 06-12-2020 02:48 PM

Not his fault, but Jairo as we know is crucial to the way we really need to play. How did we get on without him again in the starting lineup, did we manage anything out of the game anyone know?

BillyTKid 06-12-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant (Post 15529083)
Not his fault, but Jairo as we know is crucial to the way we really need to play. How did we get on without him again in the starting lineup, did we manage anything out of the game anyone know?

That’s an odd point you are trying to make. We lost Newcastle when he didn’t start also.

I think it’s fairly obvious the difference is Wilf playing or not.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 06-12-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 15529156)
Thatís an odd point you are trying to make. We lost Newcastle when he didnít start also.

I think itís fairly obvious the difference is Wilf playing or not.

Wilf is certainly the most obvious difference.

Of course we were level against Newcastle before Jairo came on and then we lost, so not sure that proves anything either because I thought he did well in that appearance.

Anyway, I thought Luka did fairly well today so probably backed up Roy's decision to play him.

Sp1Eagle 07-12-2020 09:01 PM

What happened to him signing a new contract?

gilesy14 03-02-2021 12:38 PM

Best midfielder at the club. Must start every game.

Might use lockdown to go through this thread & pick out the Jairo slander.

averity 03-02-2021 12:40 PM

Still has so much potential also!

AJ8 03-02-2021 12:40 PM

Simply put he has to start every game

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-02-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 15630754)
Best midfielder at the club. Must start every game.

Might use lockdown to go through this thread & pick out the Jairo slander.

Not a chance; too weak as shown in conceding the goal last night

brighton_eagle 03-02-2021 12:46 PM

Yup, should be a regular starter. He has his weaknesses - his lack of willingness to put himself on the line for example not blocking the shot for their goal last night. This seems to be a theme. But his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. He is so calm in possession, reads the game well and has an eye for a pass. He seems to be improving the more game time he gets. I'd like him to be given a run of 6 or 7 matches to really establish himself in the middle of the pitch.

1905 03-02-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_eagle (Post 15630770)
Yup, should be a regular starter. He has his weaknesses - his lack of willingness to put himself on the line for example not blocking the shot for their goal last night. This seems to be a theme. But his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. He is so calm in possession, reads the game well and has an eye for a pass. He seems to be improving the more game time he gets. I'd like him to be given a run of 6 or 7 matches to really establish himself in the middle of the pitch.

Yep, but also think its a positive that he admits that he was angry with himself for that...

Quote:

We lost the first challenge and then the ball was played in behind, they crossed the ball, cut it back and I think I could have blocked the shot

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2021/feb...castle-united/

BillyTKid 03-02-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE (Post 15630769)

He is 24. That side of his game can continue to improve. Us criminally under using him meant that he lost the best part of two years of his career which is a lot for a guy his age. The important thing is he has fantastic technical and passing ability. The sort of ability that cost fortunes to buy for the finished article. If we keep playing him the grafting side of his game will get better with experience.

Stats74 03-02-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_eagle (Post 15630770)

A midfielder that keeps hold of the ball! He must start more games. And not just because others are injured.

GB2506 03-02-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

What about the 3 mistakes that lead to that point?? Just his fault though?

Remind me how we equalised as well? Was that strike too weak??

mushroom 03-02-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15630780)
What about the 3 mistakes that lead to that point?? Just his fault though?

Remind me how we equalised as well? Was that strike too weak??

Just because Jairo does some things well... doesnít mean we canít discuss the things he doesnít do well.

gilesy14 03-02-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Bore off.

Timbo 03-02-2021 01:05 PM

Very good player, perhaps overrated by some on here, but lets give him some more time

eagleborn 03-02-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15630796)
Very good player, perhaps overrated by some on here, but lets give him some more time

I wouldn't say I've seen many people "overrating" him on her as such. I just think some people think, rightly or wrongly, that he hasn't played as much as he should have done given that he offers something very different to our other CM's.

There no denying he's one of our most comfortable players on the ball, which is something we are often screaming out for. Whether he is the answer or not remains to be seen IMO and he needs to work on his tackling / heading / defensive work, but I think he's a promising player and good to have in the squad.