CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jason Puncheon (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268972)

arabian eagle 18-01-2017 06:16 PM

Jason Puncheon

Jason Pucheon as club captain. An idea having heard him in interviews a few times. Local lad, obviously cares about the club. Takes the strain away from Scott Dann. Good idea?
Discuss

mether 18-01-2017 06:24 PM

All end up going round in circles.

maestro 18-01-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mether (Post 13442320)
All end up going round in circles.

:D

maestro 18-01-2017 06:27 PM

Nah, not a natural leader

Too much of an arm waver, shirks every header, became a bit petulant under Pards

Mictor Voses 18-01-2017 06:29 PM

Puncheon as captain? Are you having a laugh? I never disliked a player as much as I dislike him.

gilesy14 18-01-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mictor Voses (Post 13442326)
Puncheon as captain? Are you having a laugh? I haven't disliked a player as much before as much as I dislike him.

What?

Owngoal 18-01-2017 06:32 PM

Captain has to be an automatic choice and someone who plays well moat matches so you respect them if they have a go atvyou

El Aguila 18-01-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Puncheon as captain? Are you having a laugh? I never disliked a player as much as I dislike him.

This says a lot about you.

On the OP, what would we be trying to achieve by doing this? It's unusual to have an attacker / flair player as captain

El Aguila 18-01-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owngoal (Post 13442330)
Captain has to be an automatic choice and someone who plays well moat matches so you respect them if they have a go atvyou

Dunno about that. Jedi was a good captain even in decline.

Mictor Voses 18-01-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 13442327)
What?

Sorry just my personal opinion for which I'm happy to get slated for.

For me he sums up what we have at the club perfectly. A very average, one dimensional player tied in to a long contract on big money who plays in silos. A total luxury player that has the odd good game and who once had something to prove but now that he had his decent couple of seasons in the Premiership and secured his millions through our club can't be arsed any more. Not quick enough physically to play out wide, not quick enough mentally to play behind the striker and not strong enough defensively to play in central midfield. If someone can tell me exactly what purpose he served for the past two seasons I would be very grateful as I cannot figure it out.

Big Al 18-01-2017 06:40 PM

Sadly there are no worthy candidates for captaon at the moment

gold76 18-01-2017 06:41 PM

Big Sam will sign his captain, probably in the summer

arabian eagle 18-01-2017 06:48 PM

Great points made -maybe I should have put,who should be captain, because for me there are no obvious alternatives to Scott Dann

El Aguila 18-01-2017 07:16 PM

Best technique st the club, and one of the most committed players. When he's lucid he can take our play up a notch - however that technique has led to him being asked to perform in several different positions, often in the same game and especially by Pardew. Most bizarrely he was often deployed as the deepest midfielder of a diminutive three in front of slow centre backs, presumably in order to improve the quality of the out balls. If you get him settled and don't expect him to head the high balls, I reckon he'll perform at his best again, but I really don't see him as captain. Never hides, though, and never passes the buck, which is a characteristic of leaders - but maybe not in football teams.

Jim Cannon 18-01-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 13442356)
Big Sam will sign his captain, probably in the summer

But he can't, Kevin Nolan has retired:supergrin:

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 18-01-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mictor Voses (Post 13442353)
Sorry just my personal opinion for which I'm happy to get slated for.

For me he sums up what we have at the club perfectly. A very average, one dimensional player tied in to a long contract on big money who plays in silos. A total luxury player that has the odd good game and who once had something to prove but now that he had his decent couple of seasons in the Premiership and secured his millions through our club can't be arsed any more. Not quick enough physically to play out wide, not quick enough mentally to play behind the striker and not strong enough defensively to play in central midfield. If someone can tell me exactly what purpose he served for the past two seasons I would be very grateful as I cannot figure it out.

I'd agree with you as to Puncheon's shortcomings and would have loved him to have been replaced by a proper 10 two seasons ago. But I still think he can be a winger as he retains the ball, uses it smartly and crosses better than anyone else. But disliking him? Can't get there. On topic of thread, he's no captain since his days as an automatic choice should be numbered at this point.

David Amsalem 18-01-2017 07:34 PM

Romantic notion but crap idea. Plus he's useless now.

New LP 18-01-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

That's ridiculous.

Bexhill Eagle 18-01-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

You don't have to. The players do.

gold76 18-01-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13442433)
But he can't, Kevin Nolan has retired:supergrin:

If it doesn't work out for him at Notts County, you never know!