CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Metal thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183973)

Chrissayy 02-04-2009 08:54 PM

Metal thread
 
Anyone else here love metal?
Any kind, nu-metal, heavy, deathcore, death metal (spit), or good old classic metal?

I'm not putting any vids on because I failed miserably at them =[

James Melody 02-04-2009 09:00 PM

I like Old School Metal



Pleeeeeasseeee take my haaannnndddd

James Melody 02-04-2009 09:02 PM



Thrash version!

James Melody 02-04-2009 09:03 PM

You have to love Lemmy as well


James Melody 02-04-2009 09:04 PM

My fave has to be Deep Purple (MK II natch)


eddieskyclad 02-04-2009 09:43 PM

Hair Metal rules all.

wickham_eagle 03-04-2009 08:10 AM

best thrash metal band EVER !!!!

"please stay a while i won't keep you long I'LL KEEP YOU FOREVER !!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydTATjdjyfo

wickham_eagle 03-04-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissayy
Anyone else here love metal?
Any kind, nu-metal, heavy, deathcore, death metal (spit), or good old classic metal?

I'm not putting any vids on because I failed miserably at them =[


at last a thread for decent music into old school metal classic rock and old school punk as well any form of rock that has attitude about it and F**K you to all other forms of music

and same here carn't load the you tube vids up properly either

Chrissayy 03-04-2009 08:17 AM

I'm gonna attempt to put one up now, at the risk of embarassing myself.

Chrissayy 03-04-2009 08:20 AM

Got it :D :lux: :afro:





humpo 03-04-2009 08:56 AM

Metal is not really my bag, but a guy who sits opposite me at work in is a thrash band called Damnas. he is often doing gigs.

he said check them out

www.myspace.com/damnasonline

Sussex Eagle 03-04-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
at last a thread for decent music into old school metal classic rock and old school punk as well any form of rock that has attitude about it and F**K you to all other forms of music

and same here carn't load the you tube vids up properly either

What's old school punk got to do with metal? Hopefully an enterprising soul will start a punk thread before long.

PalaceMonkey 03-04-2009 12:01 PM

what are Motorhead?

I like Ace of Spades A LOT

James Melody 03-04-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
what are Motorhead?

....

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiki
Motörhead are a British rock band formed in 1975 by bassist, singer and songwriter Lemmy Kilmister, who has remained the sole constant member. Usually a power trio, Motörhead had particular success in the early 1980s with several successful singles in the UK Top 40 chart. The albums Overkill, Bomber, Ace of Spades, and particularly No Sleep 'til Hammersmith, cemented Motörhead's reputation as one of Britain's foremost rock bands.[1]
While Motörhead are typically classified as heavy metal, speed metal or thrash metal (and often regarded as a foundational influence on the later two styles),[2] Lemmy dislikes such labels, preferring to describe the band's music simply as "rock n' roll".[3] Motörhead's approach has remained the same over the band's career, preferring to play what they enjoy and do best; their appreciation of early rock and roll is reflected in some of their occasional cover songs. Motörhead's lyrics typically cover such topics as war, good versus evil, abuse of power, promiscuous sex, substance abuse, and "life on the road." The band's distinctive fanged-face logo, Snaggletooth, with its oversized boars' horns, chains, and spikes, was created by artist Joe Petagno in 1977 for the cover of the Motörhead album and has appeared in many variations on covers of ensuing albums.


hilairehair 03-04-2009 12:55 PM

Has anyone seen Anvil yet? Awful, awful songs, but just really nice (though incredibly stupid) blokes.

jazman 04-04-2009 12:09 PM

Good work on the thread. I like a few tracks in this genre but I would not call myself hardcore ...

However, my mates g/f is a massive hard rock fan .... massive fan of a band that I don't think is around anymore but the name escapes me ... the lead singer was shot dead on stage at a gig? I only know a bit about it as Nickelback dedicated a song to him at a gig of theirs I went to last year and showed footage of him throughout the song ... they said he was one of the best guitarists ever seen ...

Chrissayy 05-04-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Good work on the thread. I like a few tracks in this genre but I would not call myself hardcore ...

However, my mates g/f is a massive hard rock fan .... massive fan of a band that I don't think is around anymore but the name escapes me ... the lead singer was shot dead on stage at a gig? I only know a bit about it as Nickelback dedicated a song to him at a gig of theirs I went to last year and showed footage of him throughout the song ... they said he was one of the best guitarists ever seen ...

Pantera? Guitarist legend Dimebag was murdered onstage if that's what you mean.

jazman 07-04-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissayy
Pantera? Guitarist legend Dimebag was murdered onstage if that's what you mean.

Yep, in one. Thanks :p

GodstoneEagle 07-04-2009 11:17 PM



Kevin T 08-04-2009 07:09 AM

How about some good old Industrial Metal



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.