CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mile Jedinak watch (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267001)

Hedgehog 28-08-2016 12:51 AM

Mile Jedinak watch

See Mile was booked today "for a nasty foul"... same old Mile.

Martin H 28-08-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13194251)
See Mile was booked today "for a nasty foul"... same old Mile.

Looked like 8 or 9 Villa players got bookings. Must be a badge of honour thing going on over there :)

eddieskyclad 20-09-2016 02:59 PM

By all acconts sounds like he's not having a great time of it at Villa... It might not be a popular view but we really did pick a good time to get rid.

Thanet Eagle 20-09-2016 03:07 PM

Love Mile but not a Prem player anymore.

PauLo 20-09-2016 03:11 PM

He spent a whole season having a bad time for us before he came good. Maybe it takes him a while to settle at a club.

PauLo 20-09-2016 03:11 PM

Also, shouldn't this (and the Gayle thread) be in memory lane?

whereEaglesFly 20-09-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieskyclad (Post 13234425)
By all acconts sounds like he's not having a great time of it at Villa... It might not be a popular view but we really did pick a good time to get rid.

100%, thought he would hit the ground running at Villa though shame if he hasn't

mushroom 20-09-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly (Post 13234442)
100%, thought he would hit the ground running at Villa though shame if he hasn't

Jedi needs a run of games to get up to match speed. He'll thrive at that level.

SilentAssassin 20-09-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

That's not what I've seen or heard from Villa fans. Looked like the majority of them have taken to him quite quickly although some suggesting he looks off the pace.

EryrExile 20-09-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentAssassin (Post 13234449)
That's not what I've seen or heard from Villa fans. Looked like the majority of them have taken to him quite quickly although some suggesting he looks off the pace.

Where are you guys hearing this stuff? I mean, I'm not here to doubt anybody, but it seems any time a player from another club is mentioned, somebody comes in saying 'all the Hartlepool (or whatever) fans I've spoken to say he's been their best/worst player' and I'm always left wondering where they're finding all these Hartlepool fans :D

Are there actually any accounts and/or fans giving this conflicting testimony?

Ardent Eagle Forever 20-09-2016 03:41 PM

Villa fan I know says Jedinak is popular and the leader they need. The

eddieskyclad 20-09-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentAssassin (Post 13234449)

Twitter suggests otherwise
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/17...s-performance/

Add to that his horrid debut vs. Bristol City and the fact that they haven't won or looked like winning since he signed and they're starting to turn on him...

SilentAssassin 20-09-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EryrExile (Post 13234463)
Where are you guys hearing this stuff? I mean, I'm not here to doubt anybody, but it seems any time a player from another club is mentioned, somebody comes in saying 'all the Hartlepool (or whatever) fans I've spoken to say he's been their best/worst player' and I'm always left wondering where they're finding all these Hartlepool fans :D

Are there actually any accounts and/or fans giving this conflicting testimony?

Well my old flatmate is a Villa regular also, although not as trusting, the CA ran an article full of tweets from Villa fans.

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/ast...ail/story.html

Martin H 20-09-2016 04:25 PM

I haven't seen him playing for Villa yet at all but I think it will be as much them adapting to him as him to the new club. If they shape the midfield around his strengths in a McJedley shape he will be awesome at that level I would think and easily worth the money. If they try to play him on his own as a DM with 2 in front then he is going to look slow and TBH I don't think it will work very often. Irrelevant of his form on the pitch I would think in their situation, having someone like him around the place will be worthwhile anyway but for his sake he needs to be playing.

Nigelbrag 20-09-2016 04:34 PM

How quickly some on here just cant wait to have a go at Jedinak, the guy was a legend for Palace and rescued us so many times, as did Speroni, these guys need to be shown respect for the sterling service they gave/give to the club. He may not be setting Villa alight at this moment, but then who is? a classic example of that is McCormack a 14m buy that many on here wanted Palace to sign.

Martin H 20-09-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigelbrag (Post 13234515)
How quickly some on here just cant wait to have a go at Jedinak, the guy was a legend for Palace and rescued us so many times, as did Speroni, these guys need to be shown respect for the sterling service they gave/give to the club. He may not be setting Villa alight at this moment, but then who is? a classic example of that is McCormack a 14m buy that many on here wanted Palace to sign.

I wasn't having a go at him at, just for the record.

CPFC.1990 20-09-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigelbrag (Post 13234515)
How quickly some on here just cant wait to have a go at Jedinak, the guy was a legend for Palace and rescued us so many times, .

For me legend's don't cowardly elbow players off the ball for no reason. I wish him well but the guy let himself down badly with that. Very Bowyer and Thatcher like.

Palace legends in my opinion let their football do the talking not resorting to things like that. Leaders and captains should lead by example.

Ryan_the_eagle 20-09-2016 04:57 PM

Hell come good for them. Every time anyone thought Jedinak was done here he managed to turn it around. When he started for us he looked dogshit, other than the freekick where he nearly knocked a Blackpool player out he looked terrible in his first few games for us.

The Omen 20-09-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieskyclad (Post 13234486)
Twitter suggests otherwise
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/17...s-performance/

Add to that his horrid debut vs. Bristol City and the fact that they haven't won or looked like winning since he signed and they're starting to turn on him...

Other than the two last minute equalisers against them you mean?

SilentAssassin 20-09-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 (Post 13234530)
For me legend's don't cowardly elbow players off the ball for no reason. I wish him well but the guy let himself down badly with that. Very Bowyer and Thatcher like.

Palace legends in my opinion let their football do the talking not resorting to things like that. Leaders and captains should lead by example.

Interesting to know what you make of the likes of Alan Lee (some regard him as a hero for Hillsborough), AJ'S penalties, Hughes/Thomas tackles etc etc? Sure there are plenty of other Palace legends who have had a fair few mischievous streak to their play too. Would you write them off as your Palace legends?