CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cricket Thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147275)

oz_da II 22-11-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim
Like Warnies wickets against England?

:p

Inverarity is a very smart man, he's definitely no Hilditch, yesterday's play and result will have very little bearing on selection for the next series. He'll be analyzing the entire series.

Haddin had an awful series, quite possibly worse with his gloves than his bat, he'll be extremely lucky to get a game this summer. Johnson's innings last night will have no bearing on his selection as a bowler. Ponting will continue on.

ozeagle 22-11-2011 01:57 AM

Hughes must go.
Simply not cut out to open at Test level.
Can't go looking to snick/edge centuries through slip/gully.

:clown:

oz_da II 22-11-2011 02:16 AM

Who are you bringing in? Watson must go as an opener as well.

ozeagle 22-11-2011 02:18 AM

Of course, he's our best bowler. Can't be expected to do both.

You're the cricket buff - you tell me. There's got to be someone better.

oz_da II 22-11-2011 02:42 AM

I'd have Katich. :D

but that's not happening...

crystaljim 22-11-2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Who are you bringing in? .

And thats the point. While we need change in some areas, we need consolidation in others. We keep picking people with half a season of Shield cricket behind them.
Watto does need to drop down the order, but one of Hussey or Ponting will have to go for that to happen.. Marsh would be the answer at the the top order, but he has a dodgy back and won't be fit first test, neither will Watto apparently.

I'd rather see Hughes kept for a few tests and give someone like Warner the chance to actually score a few runs in Shield cricket and earn his spurs. I know it worked picking Cummins out of the Blue, but batsment need at least 2000 first class runs under their belt before thay should be considered for the test side.

ozeagle 22-11-2011 03:24 AM

Fair enough.
I'd like to see Warner in as well. Can't fault the kid's attitude, nor run scoring at the limited overs versions.

Beckenham Boy 22-11-2011 10:22 AM

Kent have signed Mike Powell from Glamorgan. I wonder if he will dig up the rib he buried at Glamorgan's ground in 2007?

ozeagle 22-11-2011 10:24 AM

Wasn't he the olympic runner?

Beckenham Boy 22-11-2011 12:42 PM

kevinpp24 Kevin Pietersen
If you buy a ticket and tweet your seat details to @surreycricket they will send you the view from your seat! Use #tweetusyourseat

gold76 22-11-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozeagle
Wasn't he the olympic runner?

Long Jumper!

gold76 22-11-2011 01:41 PM

Test series should be an odd number of games, minimum of 3, this mini series has been cracking, a crying shame some bozo made it on 2 games.

maestro 22-11-2011 03:35 PM

Its hard to judge on such a short series but I fancy England to beat SA next year.

There bowling attack is decent but I think England have more depth in batting and better backup bowlers.

Looking forward to Australia vs India, I hope the Aussies thrash them.

Beckenham Boy 22-11-2011 03:40 PM

Tickets on sale for the Oval SA test today along with the day/night games against WI and SA and also the ODI v Australia.

Tempted for SA test Sat tickets - about 46 cheapest

palace64 22-11-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76
Test series should be an odd number of games, minimum of 3, this mini series has been cracking, a crying shame some bozo made it on 2 games.

Noticed the NZ v Oz series is also 2 tests

Raoul Duke 22-11-2011 09:19 PM

Not sure a 3 Test Series would hold the publics interest though. I doubt that either Test match will go past lunch on the 4th day.

crystaljim 22-11-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
Not sure a 3 Test Series would hold the publics interest though. I doubt that either Test match will go past lunch on the 4th day.

Can't whinge about one 2 test series and then justify another because it won't hold the publics interest. Hold the f**ken 3rd one in Darwin or a similar regional area, but you have to have a minimum 3 test series regardless of the opposition, if you want test cricket to thrive.

Adlerhorst 22-11-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim
Like Warnies wickets against England?

If you like.

Though it feels like a long time ago now. Like so many England football fans you might want to quit living in the past. Even your selectors are beginning to work this out.

ozeagle 23-11-2011 01:04 AM

The smart ones amongst us have coined the Aussie team for 4 years now.

Pity they wriggled out of that last test.

oz_da II 23-11-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozeagle
Pity they wriggled out of that last test.

You've been reported to John Howard who has added you to his list of culprits involved in Un-Australian acts and/or comments. You have 24 hours to hand in your passport.