CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Playstation 4 (Orbis) (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232195)

Sp1Eagle 21-02-2013 12:28 AM

That laugh :D

Sp1Eagle 21-02-2013 12:51 AM

Watch dogs looks ******* sweet.

Dingle 21-02-2013 12:51 AM

Watchdogs looks amazing

Sp1Eagle 21-02-2013 01:03 AM

WTF. They aren't going to show it.

karl.eldridge 21-02-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle
WTF. They aren't going to show it.

They said at the beginning it was still in prototype design. My guess will be E3.

danpalace07 21-02-2013 01:48 AM

Copied and pasted what I thought from another forum. Sorry for the lack of punctuation.
Quote:

in summary: graphics looks amazing although some shit was pre-prendered. watch_dogs was the highlight, still looks incredible. new killzone is visually good but the actual game looks boring as ****. apparently instead of brown, the next gen's games will look orange instead. capcom's new game Deep Down looks a bit like dark souls and is visually great, with destructive environments and dragons and shit. square enix couldn't even be bothered to make a new demo, they use one from a year ago. the controller looks shit, there's a share button to let people jump into ur game and take control if you're stuck, upload clips to the internet etc. trophies are back. new dashboard looks slick, a bit like xbox's/Microsoft's interfaces. Lots of other social shit shown off, none of while I have any interest in whatsoever. Bungie's new game Destiny is on the PS3/4/other consoles, with exclusive shit for the PS's. Diablo 3 is coming to PS3/4 (why?). THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE CONSOLE OR REVEAL THE PRICE/RELEASE DATE. I find that bizarre. How can you reveal a console without actually showing the ******* thing?...

Overall 7/10, I'm kind of interested but the lack of new IP's shown off and the focus on social shit is putting me off. Will probs just upgrade my PC instead of getting a PS4 or Nextbox.

karl.eldridge 21-02-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07
Copied and pasted what I thought from another forum. Sorry for the lack of punctuation.

I disagree with that fully.

Every game shown looked spectacular. The social implements are fantastic as well. They're trying to appeal to all kinds of markets especially the people who use their smart phones a lot. If I can use Facebook/Twitter from within the game that's much better for me than having to get my Laptop out at the same time.

It just looks amazing. Hoping the Nextbox will produce something similar at E3.

sydney eagle 21-02-2013 05:42 AM

I only bought a ps3 6 months ago

Think ill stick with that

Isle of Wight 21-02-2013 07:27 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21526450

All a bit meh so what from me. There is nothing there that makes me want to rush out and buy it.

Swanny32 21-02-2013 08:03 AM

Told you.

Neil 21-02-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl.eldridge
Every game shown looked spectacular.

How much of that was confirmed in-game footage though?

PauLo 21-02-2013 09:17 AM

Viewing other peoples games seems a bit pointless to me. "LOOK AT THIS KILL I JUST DID" Wow, yeah, good job *logs off*

The share option just kind of takes the fun out of games. Getting someone else who's better than you to finish a level you can't do seems a bit like cheating to me. Just go through the pain and misery that everyone who's ever played computer games has had to. Might save people money on controllers though. If they're not getting frustrated, they wont be throwing them across the room.

Bit pissed that Watch Dogs is coming out on it rather than PS3. Looks like i'm gonna be waiting a long time to play it :(

Couldn't give a shit about the social features. I play games to escape people, not have to deal with them in my own time too. I just wanna play games in my pants on my own. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

Alex De Large 21-02-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo
Viewing other peoples games seems a bit pointless to me. "LOOK AT THIS KILL I JUST DID" Wow, yeah, good job *logs off*

The share option just kind of takes the fun out of games. Getting someone else who's better than you to finish a level you can't do seems a bit like cheating to me. Just go through the pain and misery that everyone who's ever played computer games has had to. Might save people money on controllers though. If they're not getting frustrated, they wont be throwing them across the room.

Bit pissed that Watch Dogs is coming out on it rather than PS3. Looks like i'm gonna be waiting a long time to play it :(

Couldn't give a shit about the social features. I play games to escape people, not have to deal with them in my own time too. I just wanna play games in my pants on my own. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

I could not agree more. Why do I need to keep in touch with my friends when all I want to do is kill some time by playing games?

Sp1Eagle 21-02-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauLo

Think 2014.

karl.eldridge 21-02-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
How much of that was confirmed in-game footage though?

Watchdogs and their was another one I think it was Capcoms game looked like in game footage. But it still shows the capabilities of what it can do.

danpalace07 21-02-2013 05:43 PM

There just isn't anything yet to make me want to get one. The stuff I did like, I can get on PC anyway (Watch_Dogs). The exclusive stuff didn't exactly blow me away - oh yay, another Killzone and some racing game that made the developer nearly ave an orgasm on stage when describing the detail of fabric on the chairs that I won't see anyway. The focus on social rubbish is annoying, there are some of us who like playing single player without having ******* achievements/screenshots all over Facebook. Though the feature that lets someone take over if you're doing shit and need help is potentially cool, doing it yourself after spending hours learning how to do it (COD4 on Veteran comes to mind) is more satisfying. Maybe E3 will convince me, but until then I'm looking at new graphics cards.

Funk Butter 21-02-2013 06:01 PM

I can't think of many exclusives that would sway me to a PS4 but even less to an Xbox720. For Sony, I guess it's Uncharted, Quantic Dream games, Gran Turismo and Yakuza. I'm not a Halo guy, so it could just be Forza on the Xbox. But I will probably end up getting both anyway.

karl.eldridge 21-02-2013 06:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4jPOCrn.jpg

Funk Butter 21-02-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

"PS4 games will be playable without an Internet connection." In an interview with Eurogamer at yesterday's big PS4 unveiling in New York, Sony's head of worldwide game studios, Shuhei Yoshida said, of PS4 gaming, "Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that."
Ok

What about Playstation Home?

Quote:

‏@majornelson

Announce a console without actually showing a console? That's one approach
Ooo!

Quote:

The PS4 will be able to output visuals at a 4k resolution for media, but not games, Sony said during a roundtable today.
Dealbreaker, Sony!

Funk Butter 21-02-2013 07:31 PM

Actually this PS4 announcement reminds of the Clinton/Lewinsky kerfuffle. So much stuff has been leaked out that there is nothing to be surprised by. "Holy cow, a cigar! Just think what else will be in that report" And when there was nothing else in the report but everything that had already been leaked, "Oh, that's not that bad".