CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

CP-RJW 11-08-2021 07:18 PM

Meh, Americans are firmly below former Soviet state oligarchs, Middle Eastern sheikhs and the corrupt bastards at the top of Spanish and Italian football on my hated owners list.

laths 11-08-2021 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
More money to redevelop the Ground

Q tumbleweed rolling across the screen .

El Aguila 11-08-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15939514)
Meh, Americans are firmly below former Soviet state oligarchs, Middle Eastern sheikhs and the corrupt bastards at the top of Spanish and Italian football on my hated owners list.

The two big Spanish clubs are fan-owned.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15939514)
Meh, Americans are firmly below former Soviet state oligarchs, Middle Eastern sheikhs and the corrupt bastards at the top of Spanish and Italian football on my hated owners list.

I have enough hatred for all of them. :D

CP-RJW 11-08-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939519)
The two big Spanish clubs are fan-owned.

Yes. “Presidents” rather than owners, if we’re being picky.

Can’t stand Bayern’s executives too, come to think of it.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939509)
Not sure I understand your point either then. I say let's leave it. You came after my opinion anyway so I am more than happy to call it a draw! :D

My point is that the Americans invested in our club and seem to have pretty much let SP get on with it. The 'denigrated' squad they've financed has secured multiple comfortable finishes in the PL, and also financed the upheaval of said squad.

You seem to have an opinion that the performance and intention of 'American investors' in English football are all the same, whereas I am preferring to solely look at our beloved, benevolent uncle Sams in isolation.

I am very happy with their contribution, even if it's not as good as the ones you prefer that they have seemingly cockblocked from our club.

Once again, thank you, Americans

Spiderman 11-08-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939466)
After the attempted EFL bullshit, not sure I want to see more Yanks anywhere near football, let alone our club. We know how they think. Hopefully, this is the one American investor willing to put in more than the minimum to protect his investment. It also makes Harris and Blizter's contributions look far less generous to this window than we may have thought.

But I guess we can't turn up our nose at a time like this. Hope we don't regret it later.

Did you mean ESL?

beef 11-08-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939519)
The two big Spanish clubs are fan-owned.

That’s going really well

Chris K 11-08-2021 07:28 PM

Will this mean we're no longer 'for sale'? If that's the case and we continue to have SP running the show then this feels like the best possible outcome from the process

GorBlimey 11-08-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 15939490)
Next step to rename the ground

The we buy any car.com stadium


They'd only get away with that if it was a new stadium in a new location and that ain't gonna happen.


Selhurst Park is Selhurst Park. They might f*ck about with naming rights for the stands but even that will be a tricky path - the Holmesdale is the Holmesdale.


The new main stand will be up for grabs certainly.

CP-RJW 11-08-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 15939526)
That’s going really well

A case study for if the BBS owned Palace?

Excowboy 11-08-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939519)
The two big Spanish clubs are fan-owned.

That was the strange contradiction at the heart of the whole ESL fiasco.

beef 11-08-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15939530)
A case study for if the BBS owned Palace?

I think we should do it on the condition that I’m the chairman and we can hire Dyche in some capacity

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15939530)
A case study for if the BBS owned Palace?

Can't wait for the Gonzo/GF management team overlapping centrebacks

ms21 11-08-2021 07:31 PM

Guess there’s a real possibility either Blitzer or Harris (or both) diluted shares to accommodate this. Thing is, the one security we had with the pair of them (the latter especially) is that whilst they were clearly not intending to do a Villa - they definitely were in a position to ensure we could steer clear of relegation. And they did invest when we were in serious danger of precisely that.

spt1978 11-08-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939473)
Ok yeah as before makes sense, but sure essentially UK based investment is 50% and US is 50% that’s what I’m trying to work out.

Found the post I was looking for, this was reported at the time of the original takeover:

Steve Parish 18% Steve Browett 5% Jeremy Hosking 5% Martin Long 2.5% with the remainder being owned by Palace Holdco LP (a limited partnership registered in Delaware) 67.5% and Palace Parallel LLC (a company also registered in Delaware) 1.5%.

spt1978 11-08-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939537)
Guess there’s a real possibility either Blitzer or Harris (or both) diluted shares to accommodate this. Thing is, the one security we had with the pair of them (the latter especially) is that whilst they were clearly not intending to do a Villa - they definitely were in a position to ensure we could steer clear of relegation. And they did invest when we were in serious danger of precisely that.

Would have thought Parish, Blizter and Harris would dilute at the same rate.

desperado 11-08-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 15939437)
Not sure I'd be telling Sainsbury's how much money we have in the bank ahead of negotiations

And maybe not announce new investment until September 1?

El Aguila 11-08-2021 07:35 PM

I would have thought one more American billionaire means one more person with tons of money, very keen not to see us relegated.

ms21 11-08-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939539)
Would have thought Parish, Blizter and Harris would dilute at the same rate.

Am sure it was reported that his stake remains the same.

Zohar's Penalty 11-08-2021 07:38 PM

Seen mixed things about this guy on twitter but investment is positive thing for sure.

I wonder whether the fact we are announcing this now, when it’s been rumoured for a while, indicates the end of our transfer business for the summer.

Can’t see we would want to be advertising investment if we are negotiating on fees.

Adlerhorst 11-08-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939544)
I would have thought one more American billionaire means one more person with tons of money, very keen not to see us relegated.

Yep

ms21 11-08-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 15939549)
Seen mixed things about this guy on twitter but investment is positive thing for sure.

I wonder whether the fact we are announcing this now, when it’s been rumoured for a while, indicates the end of our transfer business for the summer.

Can’t see we would want to be advertising investment if we are negotiating on fees.

I agree this is my concern also. It does sound a little bit like that if you go off some of the reports.

ms21 11-08-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939544)
I would have thought one more American billionaire means one more person with tons of money, very keen not to see us relegated.

He’s not a billionaire, is he?

beef 11-08-2021 07:41 PM

It would be interesting to know the motive for investing. Will any of the Americans profit from their investment? Feels like a losing proposition to me

Adlerhorst 11-08-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 15939553)
It would be interesting to know the motive for investing. Will any of the Americans profit from their investment? Feels like a losing proposition to me

The profit is in how they exit.

Anyhow, at least this explains where the cash for the transfers was coming from.

El Aguila 11-08-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939552)
He’s not a billionaire, is he?

I read he was worth between two and three billion, somewhere.

El Aguila 11-08-2021 07:47 PM

Of course it’s a little vulgar to discuss.

Dobbo 11-08-2021 07:53 PM

Harry Kane just spotted in Beckenham........

ms21 11-08-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939557)
I read he was worth between two and three billion, somewhere.

Fair enough. Reports back in June(?) suggested he wasn’t a billionaire.

Eaglefoz 11-08-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15939369)
Any chance of some holo shows before games and at half time now? :)

Possibly, when Burnley come down to us and if Wayne is playing.

Stinger1 11-08-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty (Post 15939549)
Seen mixed things about this guy on twitter but investment is positive thing for sure.

I wonder whether the fact we are announcing this now, when it’s been rumoured for a while, indicates the end of our transfer business for the summer.

Can’t see we would want to be advertising investment if we are negotiating on fees.

Reading too much into it. One of the articles says he only passed the Premier League's owners test this week.

desperado 11-08-2021 07:55 PM

When the planned Crystal Palace museum opens in the main stand re-development the highlight will be as you enter the museum a hologram of Mrs Minchella will appear offering you a bag of roasted peanuts

13thsasquatch 11-08-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 15939553)
It would be interesting to know the motive for investing. Will any of the Americans profit from their investment? Feels like a losing proposition to me

The idea I imagine is they would eventually sell their stake for more than they paid for it. It's a bit like buying an investment property, but with far larger amounts of money and riskier.

Stinger1 11-08-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939568)
Reading too much into it. One of the articles says he only passed the Premier League's owners test this week.

Textor, who came close to buying a 25 per cent share in the Portuguese club Benfica, has been in long-term talks with Palace and passed the Premier League’s owners and directors’ test this week.

El Aguila 11-08-2021 07:58 PM

Of course I can understand why fans might get a bit nervous about these hugely rich investors. Nobody makes that sort of money by being a decent and honest soul.

The thing is, Steve Parish has done an exceptional job up till now in ensuring that the interests of our billionaire investors and those of the fans are aligned, and I trust him to continue to do so.

cpfcfan1 11-08-2021 07:59 PM

The investment then is that on top of what we've spent or what we've spent

Garfy 11-08-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939557)
I read he was worth between two and three billion, somewhere.

I almost feel sorry for Steve P as a relative pauper in their company!

Johnsonpen 11-08-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939380)
Isn't that still pending some sort of approval? I don't think it's a done deal yet.

One of the better papers said he HAD been looking to invest in Benfica

footscray 11-08-2021 08:08 PM

Hopefully the stand starts moving finally and this guy's extra millions help Parish pay for the sainburys parking lot land. For me new stand>new academy>any new transfers in terms of the club's long term future and a lasting impact.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939524)
My point is that the Americans invested in our club and seem to have pretty much let SP get on with it. The 'denigrated' squad they've financed has secured multiple comfortable finishes in the PL, and also financed the upheaval of said squad.

You seem to have an opinion that the performance and intention of 'American investors' in English football are all the same, whereas I am preferring to solely look at our beloved, benevolent uncle Sams in isolation.

I am very happy with their contribution, even if it's not as good as the ones you prefer that they have seemingly cockblocked from our club.

Once again, thank you, Americans

I never said I saw all Americans as 'all the same' or that I wanted them 'cockblocked'. Please, you clearly want to compete against my point but let's not Straw Man. That is done when someone realizes they are losing a debate, especially one they started and has insisted on continuing.

I originally stated that I feel, generally, that Americans have been harmful to the 'soul' of our sport. As I have stated before, if you wish to disagree with that generalization, then have the courage to do so explicitly. Say that Americans, in general, have been good for football and make a case.

But please don't think you have the right to disagree with my larger point, refuse to agree to 'call it a draw,' as I offered, keep arguing with me and, all the while, also deciding to exclude discussing ( or defending ) the recent, appalling behaviour of American investors within the Premier League. That's not right.

I say American investors are harming the game. My POV isn't affected by any positive examples of American investment that may exist, if the bulk of what they do is harmful. If the attempted EPL breakaway ( spearheaded by Americans ) and what it would have done to the entire football pyramid isn't enough to justify my original opinion then all I can say is you are at odds with the sentiment of most football fans.

Sorry, but you started this. I tried to walk away and you persisted. So I'm not now going to let you separate and jettison the more indisputable parts of my original opinion to try to insist you are right. I didn't want this little competition you started and so now you need to either state that Americans are a universal good for football or stop trying to justify pursuing and disputing my original post the way you have done. Remember, I offered to just call it a 'draw' but that wasn't good enough for you.

So which is it? Are Americans a universal good for football or will you finally leave me alone? Please don't continue to tell me I'm wrong while ignoring the most fundamental part of my argument.

Not that you make a much better point by your weak insistence that 'our' Americans have been benevolent and our saviours. ( as if that means ALL Americans are above reproach ) Our squad HAS been allowed to denigrate, particularly in midfield. It was Zaha, our defense and Roy who did far more to keep us up than the Americans. They have not dragged us up by our bootstraps, as any analysis of our spending for three years has shown. Roy kept us up despite the investment the Yanks sanctioned, not because of it.

So, no, I won't be thanking the Americans for buying into our club and then starving Roy of the ability to keep us up -outside of playing the painful and limited version of Royball he had no choice but to employ for our survival.

Similarly, I won't thank Americans ( or the Sheiks or Oligarchs either ) for the general state of the greed in our game -much of it created by the ruthless business mindset of Americans.

If others want to be halfway to chanting 'USA! USA! USA!' then that's their business. But, please, either stop arguing with my opinion or have the honesty to argue with the much more indisputable aspects of my original post -that Americans have been instrumental in ruining the spirit of football.

I'm inviting you again to call this a draw. I don't need you to agree with me and I never wanted this debate. But unless you want to end it here, then you will need to at least attempt to defend what has been going on in football this last year, based mainly on American influence. You can't separate that aspect from my original post, unless you simply want to disagree for the sake of it?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfy (Post 15939576)
I almost feel sorry for Steve P as a relative pauper in their company!

How does one measure wealth? Have any of these billionaires woken up to the alluring smile or the fragrant meadow smell of Susanna Reid's beautiful, shiny hair?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939589)
I never said I saw all Americans as 'all the same' or that I wanted them 'cockblocked'. Please, you clearly want to compete against my point but let's not Straw Man. That is done when someone realizes they are losing a debate, especially one they started and has insisted on continuing.

I originally stated that I feel, generally, that Americans have been harmful to the 'soul' of our sport. As I have stated before, if you wish to disagree with that generalization, then have the courage to do so explicitly. Say that Americans, in general, have been good for football and make a case.

But please don't think you have the right to disagree with my larger point, refuse to agree to 'call it a draw,' as I offered, keep arguing with me and, all the while, also deciding to exclude discussing ( or defending ) the recent, appalling behaviour of American investors within the Premier League. That's not right.

I say American investors are harming the game. My POV isn't affected by any positive examples of American investment that may exist, if the bulk of what they do is harmful. If the attempted EPL breakaway ( spearheaded by Americans ) and what it would have done to the entire football pyramid isn't enough to justify my original opinion then all I can say is you are at odds with the sentiment of most football fans.

Sorry, but you started this. I tried to walk away and you persisted. So I'm not now going to let you separate and jettison the parts of my original opinion to try to insist you are right. I didn't want this little competition you started and so now you need to either state that Americans are a universal good for football of stop trying to justify pursuing and disputing my original post the way you have done. Remember, I offered to just call it a 'draw' but that wasn't good enough for you.

So which is it? Are Americans a universal good for football or will you finally leave me alone? Please don't continue to tell me I'm wrong while ignoring the most fundamental part of my argument.

Not that you make a much better point by your weak insistence that 'our' Americans have been benevolent and our saviours. ( as if that means ALL Americans are above reproach ) Our squad HAS been allowed to denigrate, particularly in midfield. It was Zaha, our defense and Roy who did far more to keep us up than the Americans. They have not dragged us up by our bootstraps, as any analysis of our spending for three years has shown. Roy kept us up despite the investment the Yanks sanctioned, not because of it.

So, no, I won't be thanking the Americans for buying into our club and then starving Roy of the ability to keep us up -outside of playing the painful and limited version of Royball he had no choice but to employ for our survival.

Similarly, I won't thank Americans ( or the Sheiks or Oligarchs either ) for the general state of the greed in our game -much of it created by the ruthless business mindset of Americans.

If others want to be halfway to chanting 'USA! USA! USA!' then that's their business. But, please, either stop arguing with my opinion or have the honesty to argue with the much more indisputable aspects of my original post -that Americans have been instrumental in ruining the spirit of football.

I'm inviting you again to call this a draw. I don't need you to agree with me and I never wanted this debate. But unless you want to end it here, then you will need to at least attempt to defend what has been going on in football this last year, based mainly on American influence. You can't separate that aspect from my original post because, unless you simply want to disagree for the sake of it?

I can't read this, is there an edited version?

Slyda 11-08-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939564)
Fair enough. Reports back in June(?) suggested he wasn’t a billionaire.

His company was valued at 3.2 billion, not him personally.

ms21 11-08-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyda (Post 15939594)
His company was valued at 3.2 billion, not him personally.

That would make him a billionaire of course, not sure many billionaires have billions in the bank, but what company are you referring to here and is it still worth that?

baldeagle 11-08-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsonpen (Post 15939586)
One of the better papers said he HAD been looking to invest in Benfica




https://www.johntextor.org/sl-benfic...6-update-final

El Aguila 11-08-2021 08:19 PM

He’s comfortable. Put it that way.

El Aguila 11-08-2021 08:20 PM

“Not short of a few bob”.

El Aguila 11-08-2021 08:21 PM

He could probably afford Adlers helping out with his tax affairs.

Garfy 11-08-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939600)
He’s comfortable. Put it that way.

It makes Goldberg & Jordan look very lower league

Slyda 11-08-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939597)
That would make him a billionaire of course, not sure many billionaires have billions in the bank, but what company are you referring to here and is it still worth that?

Telegraph article states: "His Facebank company is valued currently at $4.5billion [£3.2 billion]."

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939592)
I can't read this, is there an edited version?

Here it is; either stop arguing with my POV that Americans have been harmful to the game or stop conveniently ignoring the my point about the greed they have introduced and their attempts to shatter our league and football pyramid this year. Alternatively, just call it a draw, as I have offered you three times now.

Even shorter; you argued a persistent yet weak argument and lost. So are now trying everything to avoid an honest debate that you started and refused to let me walk from.

Shorter still; f*ck off.

Choose whichever answer you like. You are being a real twat, today.

ZahaVBrighton 11-08-2021 08:27 PM

He must be rich as, according to cpfc.co.uk, he has an office on Jupiter..

ms21 11-08-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyda (Post 15939607)
Telegraph article states: "His Facebank company is valued currently at $4.5billion [£3.2 billion]."

Seems that company merged with another company called FuboTV

ZahaVBrighton 11-08-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef (Post 15939375)
Are Benfica that good? That league is probably equivalent to league 2

Sold a billion pounds worth of players the last 10 years so are doing something right.

Bounce back 11-08-2021 08:32 PM

One day too late , we just missed messi
Hope you love our club John and cherish it like we do
Well done to Steve and the other owner for pushing the club forward

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939609)
Here it is; either stop arguing with my POV that Americans have been harmful to the game or stop conveniently ignoring the my point about the greed they have introduced and their attempts to shatter our league and football pyramid this year. Alternatively, just call it a draw, as I have offered you three times now.

Even shorter; you argued a persistent yet weak argument and lost. So are now trying everything to avoid an honest debate that you started and refused to let me walk from.

Shorter still; f*ck off.

Choose whichever answer you like. You are being a real twat, today.

What a strange post. Surely the only complaint that people have had against our investors (American or not) is that they haven't introduced enough greed. To my knowledge, they've not tried to shatter the league's structure, so your obsession with their American-ness is somewhat odd.

All you have to do is say thank you to our Americans.

Stinger1 11-08-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyda (Post 15939607)
Telegraph article states: "His Facebank company is valued currently at $4.5billion [£3.2 billion]."

I think he only owns 10% of it.

Harry Bassett 11-08-2021 08:38 PM

Benfica and Sporting are almost certainly above us in terms of status, every now and again they produce dross such as Ronaldo and Figo and years back Benfica had a bloke named Eusebio who was much better than average at the stadium of light.

AddoWolz 11-08-2021 08:43 PM

Things could get really interesting when we get The 5th Man .

JackTheBiscuit 11-08-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939572)
Textor, who came close to buying a 25 per cent share in the Portuguese club Benfica, has been in long-term talks with Palace and passed the Premier League’s owners and directors’ test this week.

Oh dear…what could go wrong now?

Since 1968 11-08-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939473)
Ok yeah as before makes sense, but sure essentially UK based investment is 50% and US is 50% that’s what I’m trying to work out.

Its been documented so many times, just do a bit of research, instead of just quoting your guesses.
First clue: Parish has a 18% stake,

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939572)
Textor, who came close to buying a 25 per cent share in the Portuguese club Benfica, has been in long-term talks with Palace and passed the Premier League’s owners and directors’ test this week.

Thankfully, the PL brass were able to look past the American-ness of the applicant, and make an objective decision

Excowboy 11-08-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZahaVBrighton (Post 15939612)
He must be rich as, according to cpfc.co.uk, he has an office on Jupiter..

Full of hot air, I reckon,

dave_who_ru 11-08-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939425)
I’d say that gets him 20% Blitz/ Harris will have 30%. Parish 50%.
Sure money in bits and also ring fenced for New stand.

That values the club at £450m which clearly it isn't and what about the other shareholders.

Excowboy 11-08-2021 09:02 PM

Investment is £87.5m for a "close to 18% stake" according to Ed Aarons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...an-john-textor

Windsor_Eagle 11-08-2021 09:02 PM

I'm all for widening the investment base. Our less rosy financial history was the result of individuals getting in way over their heads and losing everything. With the risk shared across some extremely broad shoulders, cumulative business acumen also worth a considerable amount and the structure in place whereby a local fan who understands the club and the fans intimately is the day-to-day face and running of the show is just about as excellent a structure as we could wish for I think.

Excowboy 11-08-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15939644)
That values the club at £450m which clearly it isn't and what about the other shareholders.

If it was £87.5m for say 17.5% that'd value the club at £500m right?

The Vicar 11-08-2021 09:06 PM

Looks to me like he has a genuine passion for football, has a bit more time on his hands, and is attracted to the Palace vibe, strategic plans, history and relative size compared to the big boys. And the opportunity was there at the right time.

I guess you never know, but what’s not to like? The investment should help us move forward.

Nth Kent Eagle 11-08-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZahaVBrighton (Post 15939612)
he has an office on Jupiter..

Well Europa is nearby so if he can get us in that league.

Hazbaz 11-08-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939622)
What a strange post. Surely the only complaint that people have had against our investors (American or not) is that they haven't introduced enough greed. To my knowledge, they've not tried to shatter the league's structure, so your obsession with their American-ness is somewhat odd.

All you have to do is say thank you to our Americans.

I think in general the wider American owners that have arrived have introduced an unpalatable level of greed. For me it also about them wanting to replicate the US franchise model, which would irreparably damage the football pyramid in this country, without having a full understanding of the implications and driving for profit at all costs.

We may have been lucky with our owners so far because we have SP but going forward there is a drive to leverage the academies which may be a short to medium term profit generator and in the longer term new income streams will inevitably be sought which will always risk the soul of football and put the overall game at risk

Spindle 11-08-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15939441)
And fill in the corners according to that article

Fill them in with what exactly?

:D

Happy Arthur 11-08-2021 09:29 PM


Spindle 11-08-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939466)
After the attempted EFL bullshit, not sure I want to see more Yanks anywhere near football, let alone our club. We know how they think. Hopefully, this is the one American investor willing to put in more than the minimum to protect his investment. It also makes Harris and Blizter's contributions look far less generous to this window than we may have thought.

But I guess we can't turn up our nose at a time like this. Hope we don't regret it later.

"I don't trust the yanks one bit, they can keep the hell away from my........KERCHING.........as I was saying I'm willing to let this go just this once"

:jerkit:

spt1978 11-08-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15939648)
If it was £87.5m for say 17.5% that'd value the club at £500m right?

Indeed! although we have shares with different voting rights so not all shares may be worth the same.

dave_who_ru 11-08-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15939648)
If it was £87.5m for say 17.5% that'd value the club at £500m right?

SP and the other shareholders must have seen him coming then :rolleyes:

Before the pandemic it was reported that the owners were looking to sell the club for about £220m. Given the pandemic I would suggest that the value has fallen.

As has been reported elsewhere it is more likely that his investment will be in the form of equity (say £30m) and via interest free loans for the remainder.

dave_who_ru 11-08-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15939654)
I think in general the wider American owners that have arrived have introduced an unpalatable level of greed. For me it also about them wanting to replicate the US franchise model, which would irreparably damage the football pyramid in this country, without having a full understanding of the implications and driving for profit at all costs.

We may have been lucky with our owners so far because we have SP but going forward there is a drive to leverage the academies which may be a short to medium term profit generator and in the longer term new income streams will inevitably be sought which will always risk the soul of football and put the overall game at risk

Sorry but the greed started when the Premier League was formed. The fact that football clubs are run like no other business doesn't help.

Also I don't see any new British owners coming forward.

danpalace07 11-08-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15939671)
Fill them in with what exactly?

:D

happy, smiling palace fans to watch on as a 35 year old Wilf gets us into Europe

Eagle's Away 11-08-2021 09:43 PM

Tickled that Textor considered Newcastle but plumped for Palace. That will not go down well with the Geordie's (or Mike Ashley).

montrealeagle 11-08-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15939570)
When the planned Crystal Palace museum opens in the main stand re-development the highlight will be as you enter the museum a hologram of Mrs Minchella will appear offering you a bag of roasted peanuts

And in the Adult Section…..Big Mal in the bath with Fiona Richmond

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15939690)
Sorry but the greed started when the Premier League was formed. The fact that football clubs are run like no other business doesn't help.

Also I don't see any new British owners coming forward.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that the willingness by some to blindly promote the imagined 'specter' of the greedy, corrupt American PL club owner is akin to the lazy prejudiced smear campaign against the Jews in 1930s Europe.

We're surely better than that.

CP-RJW 11-08-2021 10:07 PM

I think there’s a common dislike of Americans in this country, partly rooted in the same justifiable complaints every country in the world has about their foreign policy, partly out of bitterness from the fact that they’re the world power now, and we’re insignificant. But I wouldn’t go anywhere near as far as to compare this American owner stereotype to early 20th century anti-semitism, I think that’s a borderline offensive comparison, personally.

davemorris04 11-08-2021 10:13 PM

Sounds like his investment has already been spent so I wouldn’t count on more signings.

adrenalin john 11-08-2021 10:18 PM

I wonder how much of his investment has gone to the other shareholders for their shares and how much has gone in as share capital into the club?

Stellavista 11-08-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939600)
He’s comfortable. Put it that way.

He won't be for long, having just taken a stake in Palace.

hulkster 11-08-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939601)
“Not short of a few bob”.

Got serious bit of poke about him.

Excowboy 11-08-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15939685)
As has been reported elsewhere it is more likely that his investment will be in the form of equity (say £30m) and via interest free loans for the remainder.

So about a third of it is shares in other things, and the rest an interest-free loan?

Is the loan more of a sweetener seeing as we have to pay it back? The only money he'd be giving the club permanently is whatever interest we would've had to pay.

eagle69 11-08-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Away (Post 15939693)
Tickled that Textor considered Newcastle but plumped for Palace. That will not go down well with the Geordie's (or Mike Ashley).

Don’t blame him

Norwich_Eagle 11-08-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 15939714)
Sounds like his investment has already been spent so I wouldn’t count on more signings.

But what about the other money from TV rights etc.?

Big Blue Eagle 11-08-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 15939714)
Sounds like his investment has already been spent so I wouldn’t count on more signings.

It’s not just his funding going to transfers.

ms21 11-08-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 15939714)
Sounds like his investment has already been spent so I wouldn’t count on more signings.

The mail (I know) is suggesting otherwise. In all fairness, Michael Bridge was pretty emphatic suggesting otherwise after the Conor Gallagher signing as well.

Tim 11-08-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939763)
The mail (I know) is suggesting otherwise. In all fairness, Michael Bridge was pretty emphatic suggesting otherwise after the Conor Gallagher signing as well.

We need at least 4 more signings.

ms21 11-08-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15939765)
We need at least 4 more signings.

I’d say we Defo need 3. But palace being palace it’ll probably be 1-2.

carter 11-08-2021 10:59 PM

What’s Parish’s share these days?

16eagles 11-08-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Since 1968 (Post 15939639)
Its been documented so many times, just do a bit of research, instead of just quoting your guesses.
First clue: Parish has a 18% stake,

https://www.theguardian.com/football...an-john-textor

Alright well I wasn’t to far away according to this. That’s why I asked question..
No I didn’t realise Parish was Only 18%, I thought he had over 1/3 to gain decent amount control.

PeterH 11-08-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939432)
[B]A further £30 million will be invested in the club, especially the redevelopment of the main stand and the connecting corners that join the Holmesdale and Whitehorse Lane stands.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ds-set-reduce/


Remember this in 5 years when BBSers are questioning whether this statement was ever made.....as in the previous 'ring-fenced' money that SP brought that fans onside with.

If that still exists (or was ever forthcoming), I guess we have 130 million to spend on that stand.

16eagles 11-08-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939538)
Found the post I was looking for, this was reported at the time of the original takeover:

Steve Parish 18% Steve Browett 5% Jeremy Hosking 5% Martin Long 2.5% with the remainder being owned by Palace Holdco LP (a limited partnership registered in Delaware) 67.5% and Palace Parallel LLC (a company also registered in Delaware) 1.5%.

Ok thanks mate

16eagles 11-08-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15939644)
That values the club at £450m which clearly it isn't and what about the other shareholders.

I would say the club is worth not to far away but yeah between 300-400mill hard to say exact these times.

dave_who_ru 11-08-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939782)
I would say the club is worth not to far away but yeah between 300-400mill hard to say exact these times.

The Univesity of Liverpool produces an annual report on the value of Premier League clubs. Last published in April 2020 they estimated our value at £200m.

Admittedly this was based on our 2017/18 accounts due to the delay in publishing our 2018/19 accounts. The former showed a big loss whereas the latter included the sale of AWB. That would probably have pushed our value up but not by much and again probably in line with the £220m we were being touted around at

The more recent accounts where we made our biggest loss ever coupled with our high wage bill certainly wouldn't have seen our value incresae even more.

PalaceForever 11-08-2021 11:30 PM

From what I remember on this thread, he was at a match during lockdown and posted a video on social media of a Palace goal in which he seemed to be quite enthusiastic - I'm going to make a presumptuous leap from that and think that it's a positive he actually likes and watches the game. And that's a good chunk of money he's investing! So I'm on board with him...a hearty "welcome"!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.