CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Stavros 69 11-08-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15939554)
The profit is in how they exit.

Anyhow, at least this explains where the cash for the transfers was coming from.

We all know how it ends

jamesc_24 11-08-2021 11:34 PM

Quite happy with this. Anyone that invests in a football club either has A) money to burn B) a love for the game or c) completely mental. Fits all the criteria.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X75 (Post 15939383)
No. I would think that new shares will be created so that the money goes directly to the Company (club) rather than the current owners.

Yeah, new shares created at the current value; if the current directors consider that the value of the club has risen by 25% over the last 4 years for example, then they divide that by four (including Mr Textor) and offer a share/shares at around that rated value.

It would appear that the value of our club is rising so there is more revenue or potential revenue available for a new investors.

It's a bit of a complex answer to be honest and takes into account, assets, potential future earnings, as well as agreed investment in infrastrucutre shared across the board.

Throw it into a pot, and you come up with a magic number. which clearly Mr T is on board with.

Hoping that the gamesmanship (i.e. he's helped us buy these players rather than the fact that there may be more revenue for players) works well if this is the case and if there is additional revenue for players, playing our hand well will continue to provide value as the window approaches it's conclusion.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 15939386)
You seem to be missing the point that he owns 25% of Benfica as well. Why would he poach players from them in favour of us?

To put them in the shop window of a more highly-regarded league. Apparently.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15939396)
Full of Blitz, Textor and Harris

Blitz, Textor and Parish...

Yeah, one or t'other would work :)

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle (Post 15939399)
Parishís statement said that Textor has already invested huge sums of money to help bolster the squad so donít expect much more cash from him if he has already invested huge sums!

*cough*

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939466)
After the attempted EFL bullshit, not sure I want to see more Yanks anywhere near football, let alone our club. We know how they think. Hopefully, this is the one American investor willing to put in more than the minimum to protect his investment. It also makes Harris and Blizter's contributions look far less generous to this window than we may have thought.

But I guess we can't turn up our nose at a time like this. Hope we don't regret it later.

Hah. They are looking to improve the value of their investment with their current/future plans. They ain't here for a quick buck, it ain't going to happen. SP is too savvy and has played a blinder from an outsiders far distant POV. The club is shaping up nicely for the future IMO.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939473)
Ok yeah as before makes sense, but sure essentially UK based investment is 50% and US is 50% thatís what Iím trying to work out.

Money has been invested at different stages of the clubs growth, so it doesn't really work like that. Money invested in 2010 (minimal) grew in value as we have grown in stature (!?), so a shareholding of a given value is at a multiple of what it would have been then.

Finance stuff.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939482)
Hope so but I'm not sure how Parish can maintain that with an ever diminishing stake in the club. Not that I am an expert on such matters.

If he is adding investment as has been reported, then why should his stake-holding be diminishing necessarily?

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939498)
All I wrote was that I am less than happy at the general conduct of American investors in football and less than impressed at how they have allowed our squad to denigrate to the point that it has. If you feel the need to defend them, then that is you rightful POV.

degenerate.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939539)
Would have thought Parish, Blizter and Harris would dilute at the same rate.

Indeed, it would be balanced if this was the case and it may well be so.

We'll find out when it's reported at CH.

les aigles 12-08-2021 12:07 AM

Its a shame we don't have the 50+1 setup from the Bundesliga. Always thought the Supporters Trust missed a trick by not acquiring a permanent stake in the club.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfy (Post 15939576)
I almost feel sorry for Steve P as a relative pauper in their company!

Oh, he's not. As far as CPFC goes, his stake-holding has increased ten-fold if not more, as envisaged on paper.

Ticehurst 12-08-2021 12:11 AM

Why do people on here take the piss on people's spelling etc.. We're all different and not all super educated but we support and love our club. Find it very annoying back to the point in question this seems a really good move he comes across really well. After watching tonight moreno from villa Real would be great very intelligent player.. But that funny lot are having kittens with all that's happening at the palace.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939592)
I can't read this, is there an edited version?

Yeah, I was a bit TL;DR, especially with the continued malapropism, which put me right off.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15939904)
Why do people on here take the piss on people's spelling etc.. We're all different and not all super educated but we support and love our club. Find it very annoying back to the point in question this seems a really good move he comes across really well. After watching tonight moreno from villa Real would be great very intelligent player.. But that funny lot are having kittens with all that's happening at the palace.

it's not about misspelling, it's about using of the wrong word.

malaprop
[ˈmaləˌpršp]
NOUN
malapropism (noun)
the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, “dance a flamingo” (instead of flamenco).

spt1978 12-08-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939900)
Indeed, it would be balanced if this was the case and it may well be so.

We'll find out when it's reported at CH.

Very hard to get an exact picture of our ownership structure, not enough info at CH!

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939623)
I think he only owns 10% of it.

$450m isn't enough for a 10% share in Palace We Want MOAAAAR!

16eagles 12-08-2021 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les aigles (Post 15939901)
Its a shame we don't have the 50+1 setup from the Bundesliga. Always thought the Supporters Trust missed a trick by not acquiring a permanent stake in the club.

Agreed I think in should be mandatory for all across 4 divisions to have at least 25% fan ownership. Would help stop breakaways and future dodgy investment.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939909)
Very hard to get an exact picture of our ownership structure, not enough info at CH!

Indeed; and when the HoldCo is in Delaware, it's a lot more tricky!

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 15939631)
Things could get really interesting when we get The 5th Man .

The way SP and the board are going, 4-5 years maybe? once the new stand build is underway, I can see a 5th oarty entering perhaps.

We are moving the right direction chaps,

160 years of hurt of there abouts. etc.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15939645)
Investment is £87.5m for a "close to 18% stake" according to Ed Aarons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...an-john-textor

Then Palace are involved in Futures :0) interesting ...

spt1978 12-08-2021 12:28 AM

It must make the club harder to sell as well, if you want to takeover the club you have to deal with 4 major shareholders and who knows how many smaller investors in the US. A lot of people to negotiate with.

SussexRed&Blue 12-08-2021 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939902)
Oh, he's not. As far as CPFC goes, his stake-holding has increased ten-fold if not more, as envisaged on paper.

SP has reduced the risk on his holding by bringing in other investors to lighten the load and the club will now be in a healthier financial position.

If we stay up this year there is a lot of potential going forward with the investment in the Academy.

SP deserves it though a lot of hard work over those 10 years and lot of tough decisions made.

A lot of change though carries with it a lot of risk but hopefully we will be ok this season.

Hedgehog 12-08-2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939907)
it's not about misspelling, it's about using of the wrong word.

malaprop
[ˈmaləˌpršp]
NOUN
malapropism (noun)
the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, ďdance a flamingoĒ (instead of flamenco).

To be fair, predictive text on phones/tablets can cause these sort of issues if you are not paying super attention to your posts.

I digress...

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 15939646)
I'm all for widening the investment base. Our less rosy financial history was the result of individuals getting in way over their heads and losing everything. With the risk shared across some extremely broad shoulders, cumulative business acumen also worth a considerable amount and the structure in place whereby a local fan who understands the club and the fans intimately is the day-to-day face and running of the show is just about as excellent a structure as we could wish for I think.

Yup.

I realise I have posted a lot on this thread, but it's exciting times, and the above post quantifies why IMO. SP is playing a blinder. I don't want to jinx our future prospects, but they are brighter than they have ever been guys. All this money and backing is finally helping to progress the club we love. In, IMO, the right way.

sydnsteve 12-08-2021 12:29 AM

Isnt he the one who lost shedloads of dosh?

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15939921)
To be fair, predictive text on phones/tablets can cause these sort of issues if you are not paying super attention to your posts.

I digress...

This is true, especially if you are rage-typing! :D

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydnsteve (Post 15939923)
Isnt he the one who lost shedloads of dosh?

he's clearly got a shedload more to lose! ;)

16eagles 12-08-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15939685)
SP and the other shareholders must have seen him coming then :rolleyes:

Before the pandemic it was reported that the owners were looking to sell the club for about £220m. Given the pandemic I would suggest that the value has fallen.

As has been reported elsewhere it is more likely that his investment will be in the form of equity (say £30m) and via interest free loans for the remainder.

Thanks yeah fair enough makes sense. But personally think where we are situated, Cat 1 etc should be more. If we get that New stand would really push us to those type values.

So anyway if he’s done say 50 million signing fee for 20% say and a promise to invest another 50 million each year(so 100 first year). Clubs worth 250 now but after stand and improved revenue/ assets in 5 years were worth 500. He’s made solid investment.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15939654)
We may have been lucky with our owners so far because we have SP but going forward there is a drive to leverage the academies which may be a short to medium term profit generator and in the longer term new income streams will inevitably be sought which will always risk the soul of football and put the overall game at risk

It's worked really badly for Chelscum.

AJ 12-08-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15939654)
I think in general the wider American owners that have arrived have introduced an unpalatable level of greed. For me it also about them wanting to replicate the US franchise model, which would irreparably damage the football pyramid in this country, without having a full understanding of the implications and driving for profit at all costs.

We may have been lucky with our owners so far because we have SP but going forward there is a drive to leverage the academies which may be a short to medium term profit generator and in the longer term new income streams will inevitably be sought which will always risk the soul of football and put the overall game at risk

I am sorry that is so untrue. If you think that owners, no matter where they come from should be prepared to pump money into the club and not expect it back, rather than running the club at a small loss or even a slight profit is being greedy then we live in different worlds.

AJ 12-08-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939913)
Indeed; and when the HoldCo is in Delaware, it's a lot more tricky!

There is some business advantage by having a holding company in Delaware, I cannot remember what.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-08-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15939904)

I didnt see anyone take the piss? They just indicated the mistake. Sure some times it can be pedantic but other times you may learn something you didnt know you had been writing wrong. People have corrected me in the past. Language is an agreed exchange of communication, it is important.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-08-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939767)
Iíd say we Defo need 3. But palace being palace itíll probably be 1-2.

Want not need.

We have replaced everyone that left.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15939957)
There is some business advantage by having a holding company in Delaware, I cannot remember what.

I'm not cognisant of Delaware law, but wither ways, it's going to be a lot trickier to get a compass on company structure for sure. Many will guess, some might be right, most may be wrong. It doesn't really effect the situation as it stands. We know that SP loves the club; he's got investment from monied people. Real money. When have we ever had that? and when have we ever been confident that it's for the clubs benefit?

If ever there has been a time to look forward to our future as a team, as a community, it is now. Some people forget too easily the travails of the past. We are in the strongest position we have ever been. Some people will just moan anyway, some will moan because they don't understand, some will moan because it's all they have ever done.

We are on the up. We are looking forwards. It's the Leicester model if I may say so. Their scouting has been second to none. Look at Southampton, who have back-pedalled dramatically. These next 3-4 years are going to be very exciting for us all. Mark this post! :)

Johnintheusa1 12-08-2021 01:16 AM

No corp tax in Delaware

ms21 12-08-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15939965)
Want not need.

We have replaced everyone that left.

I’d say we need at least 3 signings to fully back Vieira in the way he wants to play. You can disagree but thats the reason I said we need at least 3.

And btw, we haven’t replaced everyone that left and I’m not entirely sure what you’ve based that on.

The Vicar 12-08-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939918)
It must make the club harder to sell as well, if you want to takeover the club you have to deal with 4 major shareholders and who knows how many smaller investors in the US. A lot of people to negotiate with.

Probably mostly true.

But is that a good or bad thing?

The Vicar 12-08-2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnintheusa1 (Post 15939970)
No corp tax in Delaware

^

red&blue_moomin 12-08-2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939898)
degenerate.

He's certainly denigrating our owners. We wouldn't have a Cat 1 academy currently without them and they have made 10s of millions of pounds worth of loans to the club. There's some graphs of owner funded loans on The Swiss Ramble or Price of Football can't remember which which had the exact amount on a graph.

Hedgehog 12-08-2021 01:21 AM

Quote:

Official reasons seem to be tenuous at best from what I read.

I suspect it may be a case of it being "the done thing" to be incorporated there. Sort of running with the big boys who seem to congregate there.

I know many times it maybe not much more than a rented office space. A pretty large multi-national company I worked for here was incorporated there... pretty sure the company had nothing there beyond someone answering a phone.

ms21 12-08-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15939975)
He's certainly denigrating our owners. We wouldn't have a Cat 1 academy currently without them and they have made 10s of millions of pounds worth of loans to the club. There's some graphs of owner funded loans on The Swiss Ramble or Price of Football can't remember which which had the exact amount on a graph.

I think itís positive that the other Americans want to stay. It was reported somewhere that Parish was keeping the same stake but it would seem they are actually in fact diluting equally. Matt Woosnam confirmed this in a comment on his article. That would indicate Harris/Blitzer have no intentions to sell up just yet

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vicar (Post 15939972)
Probably mostly true.

But is that a good or bad thing?

It depends how we want to play it out. It can be very easy, it can be very hard, dependant on the interested party.

But do we think our investors are looking to sell now, or build value over 5-10 years by building new stands, building the fanbase, increasing our reach, increasing our potential?

I know which way I think we are looking and it's forward.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Exciting times for us all.

Some may get on PV's back if it doesn't come together straight away, but the board will be aware of targets set. They are aware of potential. If PV doesn't work out (which I don't think is likely; we did well under Pards initially FFS!, even though he sold GOOD players that were Palace through and through like Jedi and got rid of GM as well, mainly due to his ego, hearsay is heresy), we'll have backup plans; fully expect Fat Sam back if it all goes to tits. Again, you heard it here first.

ms21 12-08-2021 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939703)
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that the willingness by some to blindly promote the imagined 'specter' of the greedy, corrupt American PL club owner is akin to the lazy prejudiced smear campaign against the Jews in 1930s Europe.

We're surely better than that.

Really???

disco mixx kidd 12-08-2021 01:39 AM

Have cpfc2010 given up their 51% majority? The yanks now have controlling interest?

Wayne Andrews is God 12-08-2021 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939971)
I’d say we need at least 3 signings to fully back Vieira in the way he wants to play. You can disagree but thats the reason I said we need at least 3.

And btw, we haven’t replaced everyone that left and I’m not entirely sure what you’ve based that on.

Unless you mean cloning players:

Townsend - Olise
Cahill/Dann - Andersen
Sakho - Guehi
Van Aanholt - Mitchell (Mitchell - Hannam)
McCarthy - Gallagher
Hennessey - Butland
Henderson - Matthews

ms21 12-08-2021 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15939990)
Townsend - Olise
Cahill/Dann - Andersen
Sakho - Guehi
Van Aanholt - Mitchell (Mitchell - Hannam)
McCarthy - Gallagher
Hennessey - Butland
Henderson - Matthews

Well if you’re using 2 players for one spot & including players we already have at the club then I guess you could argue we replaced Van Aanholt with Mitchell and Cahill/Dann with Andersen. I’m not saying we need to sign another CB given the other priorities in the squad and even at left back there are bigger priorities. But to say we’ve replaced everyone in the context of signings is not true. We also haven’t replaced Barshuayi and if you were to look at the vast majority of PL clubs you’d see at least 3 strikers in the squad. That’s even more pertinent for us given the type of strikers we currently have at the club. Then you move onto CM and IMO we’re not in a position to dominate the midfield against anyone in the PL with the current midfielders we have in the squad.

In an ideal world it’d be more than 3. But 3 is the bare minimum the club should be aiming for before close of play IMO. But as I said, I’d expect it to be 1-2. Just hope one is a central midfielder.

The squad would be in very good shape if Roy were still the manager. But it’s different with someone like Vieira, he needs a certain profile of squad to play the way he wants to and that squad is still quite short. And he said so himself in the post match interview at Watford.

Jonboy 12-08-2021 02:11 AM

Delaware is a popular state to incorporate because it is considered to have the best legal system including special courts to deal with corporations. Corporate law in Delaware also protects the privacy (and assets) of shareholders.

Hazbaz 12-08-2021 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939929)
It's worked really badly for Chelscum.

They have a Russian oligarch who is a also fan so more like SP than the Glazers

jrnicholson 12-08-2021 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939995)
Well if youíre using 2 players for one spot & including players we already have at the club then I guess you could argue we replaced Van Aanholt with Mitchell and Cahill/Dann with Andersen. Iím not saying we need to sign another CB given the other priorities in the squad and even at left back there are bigger priorities. But to say weíve replaced everyone in the context of signings is not true. We also havenít replaced Barshuayi and if you were to look at the vast majority of PL clubs youíd see at least 3 strikers in the squad. Thatís even more pertinent for us given the type of strikers we currently have at the club. Then you move onto CM and IMO weíre not in a position to dominate the midfield against anyone in the PL with the current midfielders we have in the squad.

In an ideal world itíd be more than 3. But 3 is the bare minimum the club should be aiming for before close of play IMO. But as I said, Iíd expect it to be 1-2. Just hope one is a central midfielder.

The squad would be in very good shape if Roy were still the manager. But itís different with someone like Vieira, he needs a certain profile of squad to play the way he wants to and that squad is still quite short. And he said so himself in the post match interview at Watford.

Perhaps Manchester City would be more your sort of team.

ms21 12-08-2021 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrnicholson (Post 15940004)

Such a lazy, infantile and moronic argument. Iím not expecting us to spend anything like City and nowhere do I even suggest such a thing. Get a grip. I am expecting us to back a manager tasked with progressing the football with the tools he requires to do that. At this current moment in time I donít believe he has been and he has said that himself, as Iíve already mentioned.

Youíd best hope we donít sign 3 players (and thereís every chance we will) otherwise your comment is gonna make you look a bit ridiculous.

E.H.Plimmy 12-08-2021 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15940005)
Such a lazy, infantile and moronic argument. Iím not expecting us to spend anything like City and nowhere do I even suggest such a thing. Get a grip. I am expecting us to back a manager tasked with progressing the football with the tools he requires to do that. At this current moment in time I donít believe he has been and he has said that himself, as Iíve already mentioned.

Youíd best hope we donít sign 3 players (and thereís every chance we will) otherwise your comment is gonna make you look a bit ridiculous.

Completely agree. I'm a rather shiny-happy right now however come 4.55 on Sat when our GD is 0-5, I shall be calling for Vieira to be horsewhipped along Croydon High Street by RH, but, come on, you can't say the argument doesn't have merit. Disagree if you choose (and I fear my CHOSEN disagreement may be borne more of hope than evidence, but I'm damned if I shall be miserable BEFORE we're bottom - we WON'T be bottom) but the disdain is unfair. The argument seems perfectly measured and reasonable. Yes, he'll look like a dick after our obvious forthcoming 4-0 win (is that what I said earlier? Must've been - pre-season giddiness surely can't THAT much skew reason) but suggestion that such reasoned unease is unacceptable is too much.

Hazbaz 12-08-2021 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15939934)
I am sorry that is so untrue. If you think that owners, no matter where they come from should be prepared to pump money into the club and not expect it back, rather than running the club at a small loss or even a slight profit is being greedy then we live in different worlds.

No I donít think that is what I said. I believe that clubs should be self sustaining as with any business. Leicester (and Brentford to a lesser degree) are examples of what can be achieved. I think that ultimately the downfall of the premier league will be due to owners that have virtually unlimited pockets who buy success and make it less possible for others to compete. When you think about it we have effectively gone from a big 6 to a big 4 already.

My concern is that many American owners see the long term out for their investment in terms of changing our basic model and, whilst currently shelved, I seriously doubt that the super league idea is dead or that the franchise model wonít rear up again regardless of the platitudes that have been espoused. That drive for greater and greater return on investment is what concerns me. Itís one of the reasons that I think there should be better regulation of private equity firms also.

It isnít just the USA effect though because we have agents moving into part owning clubs and going forward gaining direct access to these academies which I find hard to reconcile as being in the best interest of the young players or ultimately other clubs. There is so much that needs looking at. I really like the idea of fan part ownership because ultimately owners come and go, they are only temporary stewards, but the fans remain steadfast and hopefully thatís how we hold on to the soul of football in this country.

TopKnot 12-08-2021 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15940008)
No I donít think that is what I said. I believe that clubs should be self sustaining as with any business. Leicester (and Brentford to a lesser degree) are examples of what can be achieved. I think that ultimately the downfall of the premier league will be due to owners that have virtually unlimited pockets who buy success and make it less possible for others to compete. When you think about it we have effectively gone from a big 6 to a big 4 already.

My concern is that many American owners see the long term out for their investment in terms of changing our basic model and, whilst currently shelved, I seriously doubt that the super league idea is dead or that the franchise model wonít rear up again regardless of the platitudes that have been espoused. That drive for greater and greater return on investment is what concerns me. Itís one of the reasons that I think there should be better regulation of private equity firms also.

It isnít just the USA effect though because we have agents moving into part owning clubs and going forward gaining direct access to these academies which I find hard to reconcile as being in the best interest of the young players or ultimately other clubs. There is so much that needs looking at. I really like the idea of fan part ownership because ultimately owners come and go, they are only temporary stewards, but the fans remain steadfast and hopefully thatís how we hold on to the soul of football in this country.

Leicester as an example of being self sustained, are you sure about that?

https://twitter.com/swissramble/stat...035882499?s=21

Riley 12-08-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939905)
Yeah, I was a bit TL;DR, especially with the continued malapropism, which put me right off.

Yes, i can see why that might be shot-putting for some people.

Ian J 12-08-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrnicholson (Post 15940004)

Ridiculous comment

stinky 12-08-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15939603)
He could probably afford Adlers helping out with his tax affairs.

Steady on

SW11 Andy 12-08-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 15939349)
He's joined, as director, investor and 4th partner

More Cheerleaders in skimpy oufits please

BillyTKid 12-08-2021 09:20 AM

Make our academy the best in the country and we will be self sustainable. We will be producing a £50m player every two or three seasons.

spt1978 12-08-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Itís an onshore tax haven and you do not have to make company ownership public.

Random* 12-08-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15940164)
It’s an onshore tax haven and you do not have to make company ownership public.

Within the US it's seen as more relaxed in its rules than Jersey and the Cayman Islands, which is saying something.

As I understand it you can purchase a drop box, declare that as your company HQ and take advantage of the 0% corporate tax rate. All anonymously of course, which means that plenty of murky businesses (like those linked to organised crime) set up their 'legitimate' shell companies there too.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-08-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Well if you’re using 2 players for one spot & including players we already have at the club then I guess you could argue we replaced Van Aanholt with Mitchell and Cahill/Dann with Andersen. I’m not saying we need to sign another CB given the other priorities in the squad and even at left back there are bigger priorities. But to say we’ve replaced everyone in the context of signings is not true. We also haven’t replaced Barshuayi and if you were to look at the vast majority of PL clubs you’d see at least 3 strikers in the squad. That’s even more pertinent for us given the type of strikers we currently have at the club. Then you move onto CM and IMO we’re not in a position to dominate the midfield against anyone in the PL with the current midfielders we have in the squad.

In an ideal world it’d be more than 3. But 3 is the bare minimum the club should be aiming for before close of play IMO. But as I said, I’d expect it to be 1-2. Just hope one is a central midfielder.

The squad would be in very good shape if Roy were still the manager. But it’s different with someone like Vieira, he needs a certain profile of squad to play the way he wants to and that squad is still quite short. And he said so himself in the post match interview at Watford.

The club planned for departures before the window hence including players signed before, they didnt have to be signed this window to qualify, that would be arbitrary. Mitchell has been groomed to take Van Aanholt’s spot. I dont think we needed to replace all 3 centre backs as Sakho was crocked and the other two were OAPs, plus Kelly who is a decent centre back hardly got near the team last year. McCarthy was pretty non-existent, Gallagher is an upgrade in midfield.

I would argue Batshuayi was replaced by Mateta who was signed at Christmas. We do have 3 Strikers - Benteke, Mateta and Ayew. Batshuayi was hopeless last year. Yes a signing a striker would be ideal, which is why it is a want, but I dont think it is a need. The players that have departed have been replaced anything on too is a bonus, that is my point. Obviously the more we back Vieira the better, I hope we sign more players, but I think we have succeeded this window even if the business stops now for us. We were clearly in the market for Armstrong but only at the right price.

Big Blue Eagle 12-08-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

I don’t think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldn’t want more and better players, especially in some positions. But…as fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

We know that there have been three priorities in this transformation - that will run over 2 or 3 windows. 1) Reduce the age & wage bill 2) Open doors for young players to come through and 3) Get a manager that is more willing to play more expansive football - but not crazily so.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyone’s eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Point 2 is the crucial one, combined with what the club management think of the players we have. We will never have home grown players in every position, no club will, and at varying times the ones waiting to break through will not be in positions we need resources so we need to go and buy players. But as fans we have opinions on players that may be wildly at odds with the view of the pros, for existing players and even more the case with youngsters.

LB is the debate this window. We have Mitchell, Hamman and Adaramola at 22, 21 and 17 respectively. The considered opinion of Derry, McCarthy and Dougie may well be that those three are currently likely to be good enough to cover that position long term for the next 8-10 years, or else be the next AWB funding stream. And, options like Clyne, Schlupp etc as injury cover is fine for this season.

Similarly, PV may see the player we all thought we bought in Jairo finally emerging - he is still only 25 after all - and that he can add the final touches with coaching to make him a top flight DM.

Between them I trust PV to tell DF & co what he needs, after the past couple of windows particularly, DF to find players to match, and, with the wages back under control, the owners to come up with the money. Textor is an additional piece of the jigsaw on funding

The glaring gaps that fans and some BBS posters claim to see may be considered no issue at all by the management, coaching and ownership team. Who do this for a living, and whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.

Ian J 12-08-2021 10:35 AM

What happened to that South African bloke that stuck £5m into the club a few months ago?

daverambo2 12-08-2021 10:40 AM

Presumably accounting wise the new signings are still coming from the space made by the reduced amortisation and wages cost from all of the players leaving. We could afford them accounting wise but may not have had the cashflow to pay proportion of fees upfront etc... So the Textor money helps us do that, but I doubt we will go over the headroom we have created in the accounts and that's probably a good thing.

Billy Rhino 12-08-2021 10:43 AM

I think you have to put these types of deals into context.

To do this you have to be a good contextor

BillyTKid 12-08-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15940196)
I donít think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldnít want more and better players, especially in some positions. ButÖas fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

We know that there have been three priorities in this transformation - that will run over 2 or 3 windows. 1) Reduce the age & wage bill 2) Open doors for young players to come through and 3) Get a manager that is more willing to play more expansive football - but not crazily so.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyoneís eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Point 2 is the crucial one, combined with what the club management think of the players we have. We will never have home grown players in every position, no club will, and at varying times the ones waiting to break through will not be in positions we need resources so we need to go and buy players. But as fans we have opinions on players that may be wildly at odds with the view of the pros, for existing players and even more the case with youngsters.

LB is the debate this window. We have Mitchell, Hamman and Adaramola at 22, 21 and 17 respectively. The considered opinion of Derry, McCarthy and Dougie may well be that those three are currently likely to be good enough to cover that position long term for the next 8-10 years, or else be the next AWB funding stream. And, options like Clyne, Schlupp etc as injury cover is fine for this season.

Similarly, PV may see the player we all thought we bought in Jairo finally emerging - he is still only 25 after all - and that he can add the final touches with coaching to make him a top flight DM.

Between them I trust PV to tell DF & co what he needs, after the past couple of windows particularly, DF to find players to match, and, with the wages back under control, the owners to come up with the money. Textor is an additional piece of the jigsaw on funding

The glaring gaps that fans and some BBS posters claim to see may be considered no issue at all by the management, coaching and ownership team. Who do this for a living, and whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.

Nathan Ferguson also made half his WBA appearances at left back.

Ticehurst 12-08-2021 12:32 PM

Jordan just talking on talksport he actually was full of admiration for parish on this. And also reckons its an excellent addition for the club, Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.

Malarkey 12-08-2021 12:38 PM

John Textor is liking tweets from our fans who are telling him to get Madueke :D

Big Blue Eagle 12-08-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15940345)
Jordan just talking on talksport he actually was full of admiration for parish on this. And also reckons its an excellent addition for the club, Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.

Why does Simon liking us doing something make me nervousÖÖ

BillyTKid 12-08-2021 12:40 PM

Obviously we have very little info on the guy but in the face of it, it appears he is in this for pleasure as much as money. That’s a good start.

Nth Kent Eagle 12-08-2021 12:40 PM

I thought we already had a fourth man - Robert Franco.

beef 12-08-2021 12:40 PM

Considering some of the investment disasters we’ve seen: Birmingham, Blackburn, Cardiff, Hull etc I think Parish has done a great job.

Scrumpy 12-08-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15940198)
What happened to that South African bloke that stuck £5m into the club a few months ago?

Still listed here: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/company-details/

Nth Kent Eagle 12-08-2021 12:55 PM

Palace now have some pretty impressive investors. You have to be positive (once we get beyond Saturday).

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd (Post 15939987)
Have cpfc2010 given up their 51% majority? The yanks now have controlling interest?

They never did have 51%. After the Americans came on board CPFC 2010 held 30.5% of the shares.

spike 12-08-2021 01:42 PM

Is his previous company the one featured in that documentary about the attempts to bump off Miley Cyrus and replace her with a virtual copy?

Ian J 12-08-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrumpy (Post 15940370)

Thanks (we need a thanks button)

ms21 12-08-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15940393)
They never did have 51%. After the Americans came on board CPFC 2010 held 30.5% of the shares.

When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.

Gregz41 12-08-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15940196)
I donít think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldnít want more and better players, especially in some positions. ButÖas fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyoneís eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Top post!

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15940345)
Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.

Apparently he set up FC Florida Prep Academy four years ago and a quick dig shows there is a player who has been there since then called Addison Textor.

Anyone know if heís related? :angel:

https://fcflorida.com/textor%2C-addison

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15940423)
When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.

Where on earth do you get that figure from? Harris and Blitzer certainly didn’t put in a combined £220m when they bought into the club.

stinky 12-08-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

What? You don't have to assume that at all. It's completely wrong.

ms21 12-08-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15940443)
Where on earth do you get that figure from? Harris and Blitzer certainly didnít put in a combined £220m when they bought into the club.

Youíre right, sorry. Iíve got my figures completely wrong. The £220m figure is what they recently valued the club at when there were rumours of them wanting to sell.

Wouldnít this recent investment give textor the biggest share then?

Ian J 12-08-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15940469)

Wouldnít this recent investment give textor the biggest share then?

It depends on how the funds were injected and my guess would be a mixture of equity and loans

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15940008)

Both Leicester and Brentford are reliant on loans from their owners. And both would have made even bigger losses if they hadn't been so successful in making a profit on player sales.

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Sorry where does your figure of £220m come from? It was less than half that.

Ogilvy 12-08-2021 02:48 PM

The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didn’t pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.

ms21 12-08-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15940506)
Sorry where does your figure of £220m come from? It was less than half that.

It was what the club was valued at recently when Textor was rumoured to wanna buy it outright. Wrong figure.

britabroad 12-08-2021 03:11 PM

I could see a closer working/partnership link with the Palace and Benfica Academies being an outcome of this.

Chillo 12-08-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogilvy (Post 15940511)
The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didnít pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6QgHUJIQ5Q :p

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940542)
I could see a closer working/partnership link with the Palace and Benfica Academies being an outcome of this.

Any reason why you think this might be a possibility only I canít think of any?

917L 12-08-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940542)

Does Textor have anything to do with Benfica then?

https://www.johntextor.org/slbenfica

Norwich_Eagle 12-08-2021 03:37 PM

From memory he wanted to purchase 25% of Benfica but it was rejected.

britabroad 12-08-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15940558)
Any reason why you think this might be a possibility only I canít think of any?

The question received a positive, short response from a 'certain person' when asked if this may be strategic outcome. That ls all I have.

Ogilvy 12-08-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15940551)

That is our next board meeting

917L 12-08-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940586)
The question received a positive, short response from a 'certain person' when asked if this may be strategic outcome. That ls all I have.

Textor doesnít have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?

Ogilvy 12-08-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 15940624)
Textor doesnít have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?

Er hello? Things donít have to be real for the Textor. He will beam top talent into our academy to nutmeg our little shits and learn them clever

Tim 12-08-2021 04:46 PM

Quite alarming the amount of money we’ve haemorrhaged since promotion. The Harris and Blitzer money and the AWB money. Completing the academy and producing local talent for the first team and to sell is our best bet of sustainability.