CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Gregz41 12-08-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15940196)
I donít think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldnít want more and better players, especially in some positions. ButÖas fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

We know that there have been three priorities in this transformation - that will run over 2 or 3 windows. 1) Reduce the age & wage bill 2) Open doors for young players to come through and 3) Get a manager that is more willing to play more expansive football - but not crazily so.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyoneís eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Point 2 is the crucial one, combined with what the club management think of the players we have. We will never have home grown players in every position, no club will, and at varying times the ones waiting to break through will not be in positions we need resources so we need to go and buy players. But as fans we have opinions on players that may be wildly at odds with the view of the pros, for existing players and even more the case with youngsters.

LB is the debate this window. We have Mitchell, Hamman and Adaramola at 22, 21 and 17 respectively. The considered opinion of Derry, McCarthy and Dougie may well be that those three are currently likely to be good enough to cover that position long term for the next 8-10 years, or else be the next AWB funding stream. And, options like Clyne, Schlupp etc as injury cover is fine for this season.

Similarly, PV may see the player we all thought we bought in Jairo finally emerging - he is still only 25 after all - and that he can add the final touches with coaching to make him a top flight DM.

Between them I trust PV to tell DF & co what he needs, after the past couple of windows particularly, DF to find players to match, and, with the wages back under control, the owners to come up with the money. Textor is an additional piece of the jigsaw on funding

The glaring gaps that fans and some BBS posters claim to see may be considered no issue at all by the management, coaching and ownership team. Who do this for a living, and whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.

Top post!

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15940345)
Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.

Apparently he set up FC Florida Prep Academy four years ago and a quick dig shows there is a player who has been there since then called Addison Textor.

Anyone know if heís related? :angel:

https://fcflorida.com/textor%2C-addison

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15940423)
When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.

Where on earth do you get that figure from? Harris and Blitzer certainly didn’t put in a combined £220m when they bought into the club.

stinky 12-08-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.

What? You don't have to assume that at all. It's completely wrong.

ms21 12-08-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15940443)
Where on earth do you get that figure from? Harris and Blitzer certainly didnít put in a combined £220m when they bought into the club.

Youíre right, sorry. Iíve got my figures completely wrong. The £220m figure is what they recently valued the club at when there were rumours of them wanting to sell.

Wouldnít this recent investment give textor the biggest share then?

Ian J 12-08-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15940469)

Wouldnít this recent investment give textor the biggest share then?

It depends on how the funds were injected and my guess would be a mixture of equity and loans

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15940008)
No I donít think that is what I said. I believe that clubs should be self sustaining as with any business. Leicester (and Brentford to a lesser degree) are examples of what can be achieved. I think that ultimately the downfall of the premier league will be due to owners that have virtually unlimited pockets who buy success and make it less possible for others to compete. When you think about it we have effectively gone from a big 6 to a big 4 already.

My concern is that many American owners see the long term out for their investment in terms of changing our basic model and, whilst currently shelved, I seriously doubt that the super league idea is dead or that the franchise model wonít rear up again regardless of the platitudes that have been espoused. That drive for greater and greater return on investment is what concerns me. Itís one of the reasons that I think there should be better regulation of private equity firms also.

It isnít just the USA effect though because we have agents moving into part owning clubs and going forward gaining direct access to these academies which I find hard to reconcile as being in the best interest of the young players or ultimately other clubs. There is so much that needs looking at. I really like the idea of fan part ownership because ultimately owners come and go, they are only temporary stewards, but the fans remain steadfast and hopefully thatís how we hold on to the soul of football in this country.

Both Leicester and Brentford are reliant on loans from their owners. And both would have made even bigger losses if they hadn't been so successful in making a profit on player sales.

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Sorry where does your figure of £220m come from? It was less than half that.

Ogilvy 12-08-2021 02:48 PM

The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didn’t pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.

ms21 12-08-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15940506)
Sorry where does your figure of £220m come from? It was less than half that.

It was what the club was valued at recently when Textor was rumoured to wanna buy it outright. Wrong figure.

britabroad 12-08-2021 03:11 PM

I could see a closer working/partnership link with the Palace and Benfica Academies being an outcome of this.

Chillo 12-08-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogilvy (Post 15940511)
The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didnít pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6QgHUJIQ5Q :p

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940542)
I could see a closer working/partnership link with the Palace and Benfica Academies being an outcome of this.

Any reason why you think this might be a possibility only I canít think of any?

917L 12-08-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940542)

Does Textor have anything to do with Benfica then?

https://www.johntextor.org/slbenfica

Norwich_Eagle 12-08-2021 03:37 PM

From memory he wanted to purchase 25% of Benfica but it was rejected.

britabroad 12-08-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15940558)
Any reason why you think this might be a possibility only I canít think of any?

The question received a positive, short response from a 'certain person' when asked if this may be strategic outcome. That ls all I have.

Ogilvy 12-08-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15940551)

That is our next board meeting

917L 12-08-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940586)
The question received a positive, short response from a 'certain person' when asked if this may be strategic outcome. That ls all I have.

Textor doesnít have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?

Ogilvy 12-08-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 15940624)
Textor doesnít have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?

Er hello? Things donít have to be real for the Textor. He will beam top talent into our academy to nutmeg our little shits and learn them clever

Tim 12-08-2021 04:46 PM

Quite alarming the amount of money we’ve haemorrhaged since promotion. The Harris and Blitzer money and the AWB money. Completing the academy and producing local talent for the first team and to sell is our best bet of sustainability.