CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Ian J 17-08-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theCoach (Post 15948830)
One thing's for sure seeweed too dependant on 1 individual. I prefer the business model put together by us./ Steve Parrish. Brighton get relegated and who and how is that re paid........as if I should care.
As for us I would think the set up is closer to parish et al 25%.......Harris 25, blitzer 25 and textor 25.

I'm sure that if Brighton were to be relegated or go bust I doubt whether Tony Bloom would have too many sleepless nights over his lost investment, especially as it's probably tax deductable anyway.

Personally I prefer to be owned by one person than a loose consortium as if our shareholders fall out it could cause ructions as shares in a private company aren't easy to sell

Wayne Andrews is God 18-08-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15949963)
I'm sure that if Brighton were to be relegated or go bust I doubt whether Tony Bloom would have too many sleepless nights over his lost investment, especially as it's probably tax deductable anyway.

Personally I prefer to be owned by one person than a loose consortium as if our shareholders fall out it could cause ructions as shares in a private company aren't easy to sell

Tell me what other clubs have gone into 2 administrations under a ‘loose consortium’?

Ian J 18-08-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15951548)
Tell me what other clubs have gone into 2 administrations under a ‘loose consortium’?

I would happily respond if it were a sensible question

Big Blue Eagle 18-08-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

A “loose” consortium that is bound by huge swathes of legal agreements and commitments stating responsibilities, financial contributions, etc etc….rather than one guy who can do exactly what he wants? Like Jordan?

Thefunkymonk 18-08-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Bloom hasn’t got bottomless pockets. They are in need to sell to buy mode at moment.. if they get relegated they are ****ed.

Ian J 18-08-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15951764)
A “loose” consortium that is bound by huge swathes of legal agreements and commitments stating responsibilities, financial contributions, etc etc….

You speak as if you were the club's lawyer.

If the situation were as you suggest how come the American shareholders have had so much stick on the BBS for refusing to fund transfers etc in the past

Big Blue Eagle 18-08-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15951865)
You speak as if you were the club's lawyer.

If the situation were as you suggest how come the American shareholders have had so much stick on the BBS for refusing to fund transfers etc in the past

Eh? The BBS knows the ins and outs of who pays what and who doesn't? The American's HAVE funded transfers. They have loaned the club millions of pounds over the past few years. How do you think a club that has made losses most years since promotion and only sold one significant player (AWB) has survived without funding from its owners?

The Americans have been convenient whipping boys for fames demanding ever more spending on players without any recognition of the true financial reality.

I am certainly not the club's lawyer but do you honestly believe that the 4 owners have got all this done on the basis of a gentleman's agreement over a few beers?

Ian J 18-08-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15952100)
do you honestly believe that the 4 owners have got all this done on the basis of a gentleman's agreement over a few beers?

Of course not but that doesn't affect the point that I made originally that there could be unrest in the camp if one of the American billionaires had a change of heart for any reason and wanted out

Big Blue Eagle 18-08-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15952194)
Of course not but that doesn't affect the point that I made originally that there could be unrest in the camp if one of the American billionaires had a change of heart for any reason and wanted out

He can want out anytime he wants, but he would have to do it under the terms of whatever the contract says that he & his company (probably not him personally) signed to join in the first place. That's how contracts and exits work. Hypothetically - he could be obliged to give a certain period of notice, he could be obliged to give first option on buying his shares to existing investors, he could have any number of requirements placed on him by the contract, no one outside the parties to the contract know, plus any new significant investor would also have to pass the PL fit and proper person test.

I'd far rather have the club owned by a group of like minded professional investors who will reach consensus decisions on things, even if one has reservations, than by one man who can do exactly what he likes with his "play thing" which is what Brighton effectively is for Bloom.

Ian J 18-08-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15952199)
I'd far rather have the club owned by a group of like minded professional investors who will reach consensus decisions on things, even if one has reservations, than by one man who can do exactly what he likes with his "play thing" which is what Brighton effectively is for Bloom.

Then we will just have to differ in our opinions

Big Blue Eagle 18-08-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15952314)
Then we will just have to differ in our opinions

Well the last three times we were owned by one individual it all played out so well didn’t it…double administration.

Ian J 18-08-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15952340)
Well the last three times we were owned by one individual it all played out so well didn’t it…double administration.

Would it help if I listed all of the Premier League clubs that are owned by one individual that haven't gone into Administration?

hulkster 18-08-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15952375)
Would it help if I listed all of the Premier League clubs that are owned by one individual that haven't gone into Administration?

Please

Ian J 18-08-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkster (Post 15952395)
Please

:supergrin:

Nth Kent Eagle 18-08-2021 06:03 PM

I prefer the current multi ownership model but we don’t yet know how it will be affected by relegation? Would the owners all be willing to fund a promotion drive or would they look to extricate their investment as best they can? How would the situation work if their were disagreements?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 18-08-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15952517)
I prefer the current multi ownership model but we don’t yet know how it will be affected by relegation? Would the owners all be willing to fund a promotion drive or would they look to extricate their investment as best they can? How would the situation work if their were disagreements?

However it played out, I'm confident it would be better than the Goldberg/Jordan outcomes

Shipp Ahoy! 18-08-2021 08:17 PM

Has donated £5k on the go fund page for the Palace Ghana team to fund kits!

They had sought to raise just short of £3k.

Since 1968 18-08-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15952375)

Arsenal
Brentford
Brighton
Man City
Newcastle
Watford

All owned by Billionaires

Marksf 18-08-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15952639)

That’s class

Soarin' Eagles 18-08-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15952639)

:lux: