CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15939476)
Yes canít say Iím comfortable with this, needs must but I really hope that there are protections in place to maintain SPs overarching control

Hope so but I'm not sure how Parish can maintain that with an ever diminishing stake in the club. Not that I am an expert on such matters.

Yogya 11-08-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 15939363)
He owns 25% of Benfica.

A link between the clubs could prove fruitful.

this is not correct. see his statement on matter from july

https://www.johntextor.org/sl-benfic...6-update-final

spt1978 11-08-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939473)
Ok yeah as before makes sense, but sure essentially UK based investment is 50% and US is 50% thatís what Iím trying to work out.

UK investment is really just Parish (18%), Martin Long and Steve Browett (believe Hoskins sold up). Believe the 3 other members of CPFC 2010 shares went down to 2.5% or 5% when Harris and Blitzer took over so the majority of the shares are owned by US investors.

fang 11-08-2021 07:01 PM

Well, I for one welcome our new American overlords.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939478)
We could have had different investors who contributed more. And we will never be sure that our continued presence in the PL is only down to the Americans, unless you are just making a debater's point.

Well, it's difficult to acknowledge the help of imaginary investors, so I'm plumping for the ones whose cash has most definitely kept us in the league. At no point did I say it was only down to the Americans, for instance the players helped a lot.

AJ 11-08-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 15939430)
torygraph article on this says the money (£87.5m) is for reducing debt and stadium redevelopment. We're coming for you Sainsbury's

A couple of points i picked up on this.
1. Didn't the club put aside cash instead of paying off debts, meaning that if these debts are cleared and the cash was used to purchase players, that the club maybe debt free.
2. The statement that the money will be used for items other than player purchases may be to prevent teams expecting top money for their players.
3. As this is announced now, is most of our transfer business complete?

cpfcfan1 11-08-2021 07:05 PM

Next step to rename the ground

The we buy any car.com stadium

Garfy 11-08-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939484)
UK investment is really just Parish (18%), Martin Long and Steve Browett (believe Hoskins sold up). Believe the 3 other members of CPFC 2010 shares went down to 2.5% or 5% when Harris and Blitzer took over so the majority of the shares are owned by US investors.

Was inevitable because none of the 4 original investors had sufficient personal funds to risk on taking the club forward. It makes what they've achieved in 10 years even more remarkable.

Mr Palace 11-08-2021 07:09 PM

Don’t like this at all but it seems to be the way of the premier league.

Bangell 11-08-2021 07:09 PM

Putting my faith in Parish and co that they wouldn't let a dodgy investor into our club. So welcome John - I'll take a central midfielder and an attacker please

AJ 11-08-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939478)
We could have had different investors who contributed more. And we will never be sure that our continued presence in the PL is only down to the Americans, unless you are just making a debater's point.

Like who? Parrish has been searching for the right investors since 2010. The fact he has convinced 3 US billionaires to invest millions into the club is a sign of a good businessman. There aren't many British owners in the PL these days, i may not like it, but then again 1/3 or even 1/2 or even more of the footballers starting each weekend in the PL are not British either.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939487)
Well, it's difficult to acknowledge the help of imaginary investors, so I'm plumping for the ones whose cash has most definitely kept us in the league. At no point did I say it was only down to the Americans, for instance the players helped a lot.

All I wrote was that I am less than happy at the general conduct of American investors in football and less than impressed at how they have allowed our squad to denigrate to the point that it has. If you feel the need to defend them, then that is you rightful POV.

It seems you want to argue for the sake of it and dismiss my even envisioning that anyone else could have possibly have done a better job. If that's how strongly you feel, just say so and we can stop here. If you recognize I may have at least some point, then, again, there's not much reason in discussing this further.

What won't happen is I will agree that the Yanks have done as much as we hoped or that Americans have done much good for the greed ruining the PL as a competitive league. If you disagree, fine. If you agree, why even dispute my sentiments?

spt1978 11-08-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfy (Post 15939492)
Was inevitable because none of the 4 original investors had sufficient personal funds to risk on taking the club forward. It makes what they've achieved in 10 years even more remarkable.

Indeed, very few British owners.

Malarkey 11-08-2021 07:14 PM

Welcome John.

Exciting times.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-08-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939498)
All I wrote was that I am less than happy at the general conduct of American investors in football and less than impressed at how they have allowed our squad to denigrate to the point that it has. If you feel the need to defend them, then that is you rightful POV.

It seems you want to argue for the sake of it and dismiss my even envisioning that anyone else could have possibly have done a better job. If that's how strongly you feel, just say so and we can stop here. If you recognize I may have at least some point, then, again, there's not much reason in discussing this further.

What won't happen is I will agree that the Yanks have done as much as we hoped or that Americans have done much good for the greed ruining the PL as a competitive league. If you disagree, fine. If you agree, why even dispute my sentiments?

Not sure what this is.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15939496)
Like who? Parrish has been searching for the right investors since 2010. The fact he has convinced 3 US billionaires to invest millions into the club is a sign of a good businessman. There aren't many British owners in the PL these days, i may not like it, but then again 1/3 or even 1/2 or even more of the footballers starting each weekend in the PL are not British either.

I don't need to state an alternative to make my general point. I just stated my general dissatisfaction at what Americans bring to our game. If you are happy with what Americans have tried to do to British football this last year, that's your lookout. But please don't dismiss that original part of my post to justify an argument.

Like I said with VHA, if you disagree that Americans have been less than conducive to the healthy state of the soul of football, then say so. I happen to feel differently.

And I couldn't agree more at how well Parish has done but am disappointed by the American's follow through. I just think the Americans are the major investment issue in British football. Just an opinion.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-08-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939505)
Not sure what this is.

Not sure I understand your point either then. I say let's leave it. You came after my opinion anyway so I am more than happy to call it a draw! :D

arabian eagle 11-08-2021 07:17 PM

Welcome John, will be good to see you at Selhurst. Exciting times!

JAS78 11-08-2021 07:18 PM

Assume some of his investment has already been spent in this window

thereichstuff 11-08-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 15939462)
Heís not Einstein heís Sid James smoking a pipe

Mind you Einstein liked a pipe:)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.