CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things I don't understand (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279947)

stevek 16-09-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 14918188)
I must be on several Ignore lists !

No-one likes a Tory :angel:

Sick Bucket 16-09-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 14918208)
Wasn't that a night match possibly in the league cup? I was making my way to the ground straight from work and there were Sunderland on Victoria Station when we heard the match was waterlogged off. We won the replay IIRC which was the last time I ever went in the Whitehorse.

Not what I was thinking of, I think it might have been a 12 o'clock KO but I'm not sure. What I am certain of is it was in the 80's, daylight, game called off just as we arrived at the ground, around Xmas and I reckon it was Sunderland.

Stellavista 16-09-2019 11:46 PM

Michael Caine's attempts at any accent that is not cod cockney.

monkey 17-09-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey (Post 14917846)
I'm in

Yaaay, a customer!!:lux:

Maidstoned Eagle 17-09-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14917857)
BBSers that spend some 10/15 years of their life posting almost daily on a regular basis and then have a fall out with another poster and jump ship or just flounce for no reason.

Or the ones that comes on here and post nothing but negative miserable crap...and then whine to the mods when theyre pulled on it.

El Aguila 17-09-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14918229)
I remember that. :D

It wasn’t just their fans that were soaked and pissed off.

I remember it, too. I watched it from the Arthur, the bit that is now given to away fans, still standing back then, I think. I had thought I went in there because Sunderland were given the Holmesdale. Now I’m wondering if it was because I’m a southern softy and wanted to keep out of the rain.

old traf 17-09-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 14918021)
I remember a Boxing Day game at home to Sunderland, which the Police ridiculously decided should kick off at midday. The poor old Sunderland fans travelled down on coaches that left Wearside just after midnight on Christmas Day. Uncle Ron laid on a breakfast for them when they got to Selhurst, after which they stood in the rain in that old away supporters' section between the Arthur and the Holmesdale Road - watched their team lose 2-0 in a fairly dreadful game, given the conditions, and then got on their coaches for the long journey back.

I was at that game, the worst day ever supporting Palace, (weather wise) I was soaked just walking up to the ground, then getting absolutely drenched for an hour and a half, had to have a hot bath when I got home I was sooo cold.

Are you sure we won 2-0, I remember it as 0-0. but my memory isn't great.

old traf 17-09-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14918257)
Not what I was thinking of, I think it might have been a 12 o'clock KO but I'm not sure. What I am certain of is it was in the 80's, daylight, game called off just as we arrived at the ground, around Xmas and I reckon it was Sunderland.

I think that's the one I was thinking about, it was definitely on Boxing Day and at 12O clock and it was absolutely pouring, I was behind the goal at Holmesdale end, no cover in those days.
Did it finish at 0-0. or have I got it wrong.

Sick Bucket 17-09-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old traf (Post 14918337)
I think that's the one I was thinking about, it was definitely on Boxing Day and at 12O clock and it was absolutely pouring, I was behind the goal at Holmesdale end, no cover in those days.
Did it finish at 0-0. or have I got it wrong.

No cos the game I'm thinking of was called off.

Sick Bucket 17-09-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14918285)
Michael Caine's attempts at any accent that is not cod cockney.

He can only play one character, monotone, expressionless, wooden Cockney. Totally overrated IMHO.

Sick Bucket 17-09-2019 07:25 AM

Back on subject... Women.

Hedgehog 18-09-2019 08:49 PM

I don't understand how it is if I sign the credit card slip after a meal the restaurant can change the total later if they find an error or an omission in the original bill?

Seems like it should be tough luck on their part if they messed up. Changing a credit card debit after the slip has been signed seems far too open to misuse in my opinion.

I should add, that on many occasions I have pointed out errors on bills for missed items like drinks or desserts etc. and would have done so this time, but honestly didn't check it. It was only in hindsight it did seem a little low, and now I see online they have added $50+ to the bill.

CK 20-09-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14918115)
That reminds me, I'm sure we had another Sunderland match around the same time, also on Boxing Day which was called off an hour before kick off, me and my Dad had driven from Dover and got to the ground just as they called it off, felt so sorry for the Sunderland fans.

Can anyone confirm that?

Think that was a midweek Tuesday?

stevek 20-09-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 14920663)
Think that was a midweek Tuesday?

Only game I can immediately recall that happening was against Liverpool.

chateauferret 20-09-2019 12:42 PM

The end of the exposition and start of the development in the third movement of Burgmüller's piano sonata in F minor op 8. I mean if the music is in A major at this point why would you write it out in flats and spell all the chords in B double-flat instead of just drawing a double bar, calling out a sharp key signature and making the score legible FFS?

Roadblock 20-09-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 14920663)
Think that was a midweek Tuesday?

It may have been a cup game when they were in the PL and we weren't.

strawberry mivi 20-09-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14920685)
The end of the exposition and start of the development in the third movement of Burgmüller's piano sonata in F minor op 8. I mean if the music is in A major at this point why would you write it out in flats and spell all the chords in B double-flat instead of just drawing a double bar, calling out a sharp key signature and making the score legible FFS?

I hear you brother.
Ditto any Tuba part with semiquavers in it.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-09-2019 02:30 PM

Or expecting me to play the triangle in the overture of Wagners Ring Trilogy

Old Joe Paxton 20-09-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14920767)
Or expecting me to play the triangle in the overture of Wagners Ring Trilogy

This book and particularly the superb reviews will help you...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penetrating.../dp/0306804379

strawberry mivi 20-09-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14920767)
Or expecting me to play the triangle in the overture of Wagners Ring Trilogy

Hey man, you just stand at the back and ting. You dig?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.