CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things I don't understand (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279947)

Maidstoned Eagle 21-09-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14920942)
Hey man, you just stand at the back and ting. You dig?

Its nice to see Dylan from the Magic Roundabout is still posting.

old traf 21-09-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14915339)
Oh! That reminds me:

String vests. Donít understand them either.

Strange as it might seem, there actually good at keeping you warm.

old traf 21-09-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14915381)
Why? I can't think of a good reason why anyone would want to sit in the car eating McD's surely messy, uncomfortable and stinks the car out. Why not get out the car and sit at a table?

I can't understand how anyone can eat that Mac sh*t.

davech 21-09-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14915381)
Why? I can't think of a good reason why anyone would want to sit in the car eating McD's surely messy, uncomfortable and stinks the car out. Why not get out the car and sit at a table?

How else are they going to be able to throw the packaging out of the window at the next traffic lights?

cappuccinoeagle 21-09-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old traf (Post 14921064)
I can't understand how anyone can eat that Mac sh*t.

Guilty pleasure.

davech 21-09-2019 12:56 PM

The attraction of Rugby League.

Been watching 'highlights' of this pseudo-rugby on the Beeb. Is this all the sport the beeb has left? Played in a weed-like half-empty stadium, do any other than a handful of northerners care about this? Never been the same since Eddie 'Up and Under' Waring retired. And what's with that Wheel Of Fortune VAR thing???

Maidstoned Eagle 21-09-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14921212)
Guilty pleasure.

Not even a pleasure though, is it.

chateauferret 21-09-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14920752)
I hear you brother.
Ditto any Tuba part with semiquavers in it.

That is worse when you are the conductor because then you have zero control over what happens. But again why dies the composer ask for a noise that sounds like a cow's contribution to global warming in the first place? Usually you're better off if the poor chap has a senior moment and forgets to come in altogether.

SJ'sLoveMonkey 21-09-2019 06:41 PM

Japanese

Sick Bucket 21-09-2019 07:10 PM

Good one! :)

That reminds me, chopsticks, pffff dicking around with a couple of sticks, just give me a fork, I'm all for cultural differences and stuff but come on a fork is so much better.

Salad_Burnet 21-09-2019 07:49 PM

Geology. I mean, I can parrot-speak how if one imagines the time the earth has existed as one hour, organic life only began to appear in the last ten minutes or so, I know that chalk is the remains of dead shell fish that existed when the Wealden Dome was nothing more than a lagoon type environment, I understand that it heaved out of the ocean when Africa collided with Europe, I know that what emerged was called the Wealden dome and that immediately it surfaced it began to erode leaving behind the north downs and south downs and greensand ridge and the high weald and the low weald and the surrey weald as remnants. I just don't believe that there was enough water to cause all that erosion to take place and I don't believe that there would be all that sedimentary rock to erode. I just don't believe it/understand it. And where did the London clay come from? Why is it that it's there? Why is there a heap of clay beginning at South Norwood Hill and finishing at - I don't know - Peckham Rye? Why's that not explained on an information board at Beulah Hill?

CP-RJW 21-09-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14921732)
That reminds me, chopsticks, pffff dicking around with a couple of sticks, just give me a fork, I'm all for cultural differences and stuff but come on a fork is so much better.

China were the first to invent forks yet they switched to chopsticks later (although these days use both), so there must be something in them. Think theres plenty of advantages if you look at their cuisine. Better than forks for noodle soup, or scooping rice into your mouth when they hold the bowl up to their face.

Lots of cultural jibber jabber too though, after having a quick google.

Stellavista 21-09-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 14921767)
Geology. I mean, I can parrot-speak how if one imagines the time the earth has existed as one hour, organic life only began to appear in the last ten minutes or so, I know that chalk is the remains of dead shell fish that existed when the Wealden Dome was nothing more than a lagoon type environment, I understand that it heaved out of the ocean when Africa collided with Europe, I know that what emerged was called the Wealden dome and that immediately it surfaced it began to erode leaving behind the north downs and south downs and greensand ridge and the high weald and the low weald and the surrey weald as remnants. I just don't believe that there was enough water to cause all that erosion to take place and I don't believe that there would be all that sedimentary rock to erode. I just don't believe it/understand it. And where did the London clay come from? Why is it that it's there? Why is there a heap of clay beginning at South Norwood Hill and finishing at - I don't know - Peckham Rye? Why's that not explained on an information board at Beulah Hill?

London clay right down to Redhill. Lovely for growing roses, and f*ck all else.

Sick Bucket 21-09-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14921774)
China were the first to invent forks yet they switched to chopsticks later (although these days use both), so there must be something in them. Think theres plenty of advantages if you look at their cuisine. Better than forks for noodle soup, or scooping rice into your mouth when they hold the bowl up to their face.

Lots of cultural jibber jabber too though, after having a quick google.

Didn't know the Chinese invented the fork but yeah been to a number of SE Asian countries and it's amazing how quickly they can polish off a bowl of soup just with a pair of chopsticks. I'm just a bit crap at it.

Eagle Kneevil 21-09-2019 09:50 PM

Single use plastic stickers on fruit. Just in case I couldn’t tell it was a kiwifruit or banana.

Staines Eagle 21-09-2019 09:53 PM

Why do dog walkers sometimes tie their bags of dog shite to tree branches in various beauty spots/communal leisure areas?

Surely you've done the hard bit?

I don't understand. :confused:

Staines Eagle 21-09-2019 09:58 PM

Also, why do you often see appeals for witnesses to a fatal motor vehicle accident, months and months after the incident?

Surely, unless you were involved, you would have long forgotten anything potentially useful?

chrisophiex 21-09-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staines Eagle (Post 14921848)
Why do dog walkers sometimes tie their bags of dog shite to tree branches in various beauty spots/communal leisure areas?

Surely you've done the hard bit?

I don't understand. :confused:

Iíd like to think they put it on a tree branch in order to pick it back up on their return, so they donít have to walk around with it....but sadly I think they just donít want to walk around with it.

The twats.

Worksop Palace 21-09-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14921275)
The attraction of Rugby League.

Been watching 'highlights' of this pseudo-rugby on the Beeb. Is this all the sport the beeb has left? Played in a weed-like half-empty stadium, do any other than a handful of northerners care about this? Never been the same since Eddie 'Up and Under' Waring retired. And what's with that Wheel Of Fortune VAR thing???

RL is a great sport. Need to be hard as nails to play it. And it was the forerunner for technology in sport

Staines Eagle 21-09-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14921852)
Iíd like to think they put it on a tree branch in order to pick it back up on their return, so they donít have to walk around with it....but sadly I think they just donít want to walk around with it.

The twats.

I suppose that's a possibility I hadn't considered.

Mind you, I saw a lady walking along the Thames recently, shopping bag in left hand, eating a sandwich in her right and bag of Dog shite hanging off her right pinkie! :eek: