CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things I don't understand (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279947)

chrisophiex 21-09-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staines Eagle (Post 14921859)
I suppose that's a possibility I hadn't considered.

Mind you, I saw a lady walking along the Thames recently, shopping bag in left hand, eating a sandwich in her right and bag of Dog shite hanging off her right pinkie! :eek:


Disgusting. I hate it when people eat whilst walking ;)

Staines Eagle 21-09-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14921860)
Disgusting. I hate it when people eat whilst walking ;)

:D

Hedgehog 22-09-2019 07:55 PM

Disappearing threads...

ElwissAtMemphis 22-09-2019 08:12 PM

I don't understand why the Stupid Things Women Say thread has apparently been deleted.

If, as I suspect, it's because of the perception that it was somehow misogynistic then the moderators have truely become a parody of a panel of woke student union activists and urgently need to acquire a sense of humour. If not then I apologize but I'd be interested in hearing the thinking behind why it's suddenly vanished after being regularly updated by dozens of BBS regulars for the past several months.

Hedgehog 22-09-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 14923695)
I don't understand why the Stupid Things Women Say thread has apparently been deleted.

If, as I suspect, it's because of the perception that it was somehow misogynistic then the moderators have truely become a parody of a panel of woke student union activists and urgently need to acquire a sense of humour. If not then I apologize but I'd be interested in hearing the thinking behind why it's suddenly vanished after being regularly updated by dozens of BBS regulars for the past several months.

That's the one!

It's a pretty old thread, but came to the top a few days ago.

Not sure there was anything offensive added recently. I did add a post that made me look an idiot, but it wasn't offensive! Maybe a Mod felt sorry for me?

Sick Bucket 22-09-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 14923695)
I don't understand why the Stupid Things Women Say thread has apparently been deleted.

If, as I suspect, it's because of the perception that it was somehow misogynistic then the moderators have truely become a parody of a panel of woke student union activists and urgently need to acquire a sense of humour. If not then I apologize but I'd be interested in hearing the thinking behind why it's suddenly vanished after being regularly updated by dozens of BBS regulars for the past several months.

Well on that point I don't understand how women can say basically whatever they ******* like about men but if we say the exact same thing about women it's outrageously sexist. Example you can publish a book called 'all men are bastards' (exists) try releasing 'all women are bitches'... you'd be in all sorts of shit.

Bipe 22-09-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 14923695)
I don't understand why the Stupid Things Women Say thread has apparently been deleted.

If, as I suspect, it's because of the perception that it was somehow misogynistic then the moderators have truely become a parody of a panel of woke student union activists and urgently need to acquire a sense of humour. If not then I apologize but I'd be interested in hearing the thinking behind why it's suddenly vanished after being regularly updated by dozens of BBS regulars for the past several months.

That's a shame, there was some funny stuff on there, not least some gems from my own good lady wife. Can we change it to a more generic 'stupid things people say' and start adding all the idiotic things we hear men say too?

Hedgehog 22-09-2019 08:29 PM

Before we get too deep into this, maybe we should hear from a Mod to see why it was deleted?

It may just have been a victim of a back-up crash or something.

Hedgehog 23-09-2019 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14923723)
Before we get too deep into this, maybe we should hear from a Mod to see why it was deleted?

It may just have been a victim of a back-up crash or something.

As I suspected...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 14923888)
No you are not going nuts, I think a technical problem happened while doing something with the opening post (not me) and we may have to start a new "Things woman say" thread.


Les Butler 23-09-2019 04:30 AM

Yep there was some funny stuff on there and nothing untoward or anything to do with being PC,just a mistake which happens....I think we may have a back up so I will look into seeing if we can get it back or not.

bubbs11 23-09-2019 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 14923719)
That's a shame, there was some funny stuff on there, not least some gems from my own good lady wife. Can we change it to a more generic 'stupid things people say' and start adding all the idiotic things we hear men say too?

Whatís the point? Every single thread is a testimont to that surely. :)

thefox 23-09-2019 05:15 AM

Trying to remove the OP I suspect.

bubbs11 23-09-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14923716)
Well on that point I don't understand how women can say basically whatever they ******* like about men but if we say the exact same thing about women it's outrageously sexist. Example you can publish a book called 'all men are bastards' (exists) try releasing 'all women are bitches'... you'd be in all sorts of shit.

Iíve always worked in female dominated environments and constantly hear sexist, anti male stuff on a regular basis plus stuff that had I said or done Iíd be up on sexual harassment charges.

I just laugh it off to be honest. Nearly all of it I find amusing and only on the very rare occasion has someone crossed the line.

Itís just human nature isnít it. You get a disproportionate amount of one demographic together and theyíre likely to be suspicious, look down on or ridicule those outwith that demographic. Racism being the casing point.

little al 23-09-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14923901)
Trying to remove the OP I suspect.

Yep, the nonce we are not allowed to talk about.

little al 23-09-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14923901)
Trying to remove the OP I suspect.

Defo that, I just seen he is removed from the members list.

Coastal Palace 23-09-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14923903)
Iíve always worked in female dominated environments and constantly hear sexist, anti male stuff on a regular basis plus stuff that had I said or done Iíd be up on sexual harassment charges.

I just laugh it off to be honest. Nearly all of it I find amusing and only on the very rare occasion has someone crossed the line.

Itís just human nature isnít it. You get a disproportionate amount of one demographic together and theyíre likely to be suspicious, look down on or ridicule those outwith that demographic. Racism being the casing point.

It's crept into t.v ads though over several years.
The man is always portrayed as the bumbling idiot whilst the woman is the bright, intelligent one that puts him right.

El Aguila 23-09-2019 06:15 AM

Cheeky mares.
Bubbs, are you an air steward?

bubbs11 23-09-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 14923924)
Cheeky mares.
Bubbs, are you an air steward?

:D. No I work in primary and special ed schools.

bubbs11 23-09-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14923901)
Trying to remove the OP I suspect.

Who was it? I canít recall...

BERT'S HEAD 23-09-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14923972)
Who was it? I canít recall...

Nice try :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.