CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

CPFCalifornia 30-07-2018 03:22 AM

I like him. He needs to have an Andros Townsend come-to-Jesus moment.

MFBias 30-07-2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14358035)
Yep, I accept that but I guess you also have wonder why Roy was so reluctant to use him even as a sub in games last season. In fact he wasn't even making the bench towards the season's end.

You have said this before and itís not even true: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost....postcount=1099

He was on the bench 8 times out of the last 10 games getting on the pitch three times aswell so not sure your statement is true. (two games he missed were in a row so whos know if he had a knock or not)

MFBias 30-07-2018 06:02 AM

Ive just seen ykur over posts regarding this and dont really know what your point is that a squad player didnt make the bench for two of the last 3 games. It doesnt tell me he is not good enough, it only tells me he wasnt selected for 2 of the last 3 games. Yes Loftus-Cheek came back and yes he got less game time after that, but again what does that tell you, that Loftus-Cheek was preferred in midfield... no shit.

LuieJack 30-07-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 14357677)
Fdb signed him as a cb and he was awful

Ajax fans laughed at how much we paid for him

I hope he makes it here, Iíve been increasingly impressed through preseason and think he has got potential but certainly not as first choice this season.

We paid way way over the odds for someone that wasnít good enough for what he was bought for. Happily it looks like we might get him better in another position. Iím not sure sucking franks cock is really needed for this

He was basically signed as a utility player that could play as a ball playing CB which is the system FDB was trying to adapt for his new setup, to say he was awful is silly especially based on maybe Two games in that position.
He joined Palace probably only due to FDB, and then to see him sacked after 4 games and the club in turmoil is it any wonder we never saw his true capabilities, but he is still work in progress even if he impresses for now in pre season we need to be patient. Personally i feel his best position in time will be what was an old fashioned "sweeper" now a sitting midfielder in front of the Back Four.
You suggested we paid way over the odds? seriously, £9m for a full Dutch Int from Ajax, and as for their fans statement that happens whenever a player leaves loved one minute hated the next when leaving.
Finally, that's a very strange last paragraph statement to make.:confused:

mushroom 30-07-2018 07:08 AM

He certainly has potential. Needs to be more nimble/dynamic to play def mid... in the last 20 mins v Oxford... their attacking midfielder turned him way too easily (a couple of times). Cabaye was excellent at reading the game, he was brilliant at interceptions... he also had a bit of a nasty side... which is useful.

BillyTKid 30-07-2018 07:27 AM

He has the tools and a manager that is the best in the business at drilling shape. We will need patience though as he is young and won’t be as good as Cabaye for a few years.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 30-07-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14358478)
Ive just seen ykur over posts regarding this and dont really know what your point is that a squad player didnt make the bench for two of the last 3 games. It doesnt tell me he is not good enough, it only tells me he wasnt selected for 2 of the last 3 games. Yes Loftus-Cheek came back and yes he got less game time after that, but again what does that tell you, that Loftus-Cheek was preferred in midfield... no shit.

My point is simply that I am not sure how much Roy rated him at that point in time. Whether that has changed now or not, we'll see. He has had an encouraging pre-season so of course that might have changed. But of course he has had little choice but to use him more with Cabaye's departure and we haven't played PL standard sides either. Anyway, time will tell where he stands now.

If anyone reads my posts on here fully they will see that I am just unconvinced about him at the moment. He may well come good and have been saying so all along. I have never slagged him off or said he is rubbish just that his performances so far haven't convinced me. And even after that performance against Man City he wasn't picked very often.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 30-07-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14358467)
You have said this before and itís not even true: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost....postcount=1099

He was on the bench 8 times out of the last 10 games getting on the pitch three times aswell so not sure your statement is true. (two games he missed were in a row so whos know if he had a knock or not)

Re. him having a knock, he could have you are right but to my knowledge/ memory he was fit. And as I said before I was NOT saying he was completely left out for lots of games, just that it did happen. Maybe if I had said 'at times' it would have been clearer. But it is true just as your stats about how many times he was on the bench are too.

Celestial Empire 30-07-2018 09:41 AM

Jairo is 21 (going on 22) and plays in a defensive/transition position where experience is important. RH has usually been conservative and likes experienced pros, so would have used Jairo sparingly. But, as with AWB (and RLC), good players will soon force themselves into the reckoning.

Stavros 69 30-07-2018 09:46 AM

He was singed as one of the hottest prospects in Holland by FdB.
8 games in FdB has gone and a young kid who was expecting to play a lot is suddenly in a foreign country with a new manager. He’s going to need sometime to bed in.
He was an Ajax starter ffs. Give him some time and a chance. We’ve all seen glimses of what he can do.

Palacebear 30-07-2018 10:25 AM

We have to give the boy a chance and I think Roy will. I expect to see him involved a lot more this season. Hopefully he can show some more performances like the M City one and grow in confidence to become a first team regular, as trying to buy first team ready players will cost tens of £mís in the current climate.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 30-07-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14358703)
8 games in FdB has gone and a young kid who was expecting to play a lot is suddenly in a foreign country with a new manager. Heís going to need sometime to bed in.
He was an Ajax starter ffs. Give him some time and a chance. Weíve all seen glimses of what he can do.

I completely agree and don't see anyone who isn't giving time and a chance.

Reg_Maudling 30-07-2018 10:35 AM

I hope jairo can make a contribution this year after a season adjusting but he is not cabaye's replacement and may never be as good

CP-RJW 30-07-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling (Post 14358760)
I hope jairo can make a contribution this year after a season adjusting but he is not cabaye's replacement and may never be as good

Or rather, he’ll never be a Cabaye replacement because they’re quite different players.

Palacebear 30-07-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling (Post 14358760)

Could you imagine trying to buy a French international midfielder in the current transfer market?!?!

CP-RJW 30-07-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palacebear (Post 14358823)
Could you imagine trying to buy a French international midfielder in the current transfer market?!?!

France are 5x the team now than they were when Cabaye was getting games to be fair.

MFBias 30-07-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14358703)
8 games in FdB has gone and a young kid who was expecting to play a lot is suddenly in a foreign country with a new manager. Heís going to need sometime to bed in.
He was an Ajax starter ffs. Give him some time and a chance. Weíve all seen glimses of what he can do.

de Boer was sacked after 5 games, 4 League and 1 Cup.

Palacebear 30-07-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14358828)
France are 5x the team now than they were when Cabaye was getting games to be fair.

Agreed and transfer fees are 5x what they were when cabaye signed.

The French have some group of players at the moment.

Stan the man 30-07-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 14357677)
Iím not sure sucking franks cock is really needed for this

https://i.gifer.com/Fheb.gif

Stavros 69 30-07-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14358860)
de Boer was sacked after 5 games, 4 League and 1 Cup.

:hmph: