CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

CP-RJW 01-08-2018 04:12 PM

Shame, but gonna make sacrifices if we’re really in such a limited financial spot. Bye Jairo, thanks for everything, hope you have a good career.

Malarkey 01-08-2018 04:12 PM

Trust in Roy.

dave_who_ru 01-08-2018 04:13 PM

Doesn't make sense to me. A 22 year old defensive midfielder for a 27 year old forward (both born in September). I think we are more in need of a versatile defender than a forward given our other options. That still means finding another defender.

CP-RJW 01-08-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 14363598)
Doesn't make sense to me. A 22 year old defensive midfielder for a 27 year old forward (both born in September). I think we are more in need of a versatile defender than a forward given our other options. That still means finding another defender.

We’ve got Kouyate, who’s best at centre back according to most spammers I’ve seen. That means Tomkins, Sakho, Kouyate, Kelly and Dann if he recovers okay at center back. Ward and Aaron at right back, PVA and Schlupp at left back. Really don’t see how we need any more defensive additions.

Neillo's Son 01-08-2018 04:15 PM

Jairo is on 60k a week, I don't know if Ayew will be coming in on less money but for the former, that is too much.

Would be disappointed to see him leave permanently though.

thomasbroad 01-08-2018 04:16 PM

See this as us rating Kirby higher than Jairo and not wanting to block his path

in-exile 01-08-2018 04:17 PM

Can only be a loan why would he go there.

Excowboy 01-08-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 14363598)

There's cover if we sign Kouyate. I'd be sad to see Riedewald go as it's nice to have young players coming through but it makes sense in terms of squad balance if we're signing Meyer too.

Glɑzier 01-08-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14363602)
Weve got Kouyate, whos best at centre back according to most spammers Ive seen. That means Tomkins, Sakho, Kouyate, Kelly and Dann if he recovers okay at center back. Ward and Aaron at right back, PVA and Schlupp at left back. Really dont see how we need any more defensive additions.

I'll admit I don't have much of a clue about Kouyate or Ayew, who only seems to turn up against us, but it just doesn't feel right. Maybe for nailed on 1st teamers but not otherwise.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 04:21 PM

So as I was saying a few days ago that I wasn't convinced Roy rates Jairo that much, and this suggests so.

PauLo 01-08-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasbroad (Post 14363604)
See this as us rating Kirby higher than Jairo and not wanting to block his path

I like to hope so, but if Williams doesn't go out on loan and we get both Meyer and Kouyate, Kirby will be still be at least 6th in line for a midfield spot.

Dave Hedgehog 01-08-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neillo's Son (Post 14363603)
Jairo is on 60k a week, I don't know if Ayew will be coming in on less money but for the former, that is too much.

Would be disappointed to see him leave permanently though.

Wow really? This says 40k and looks fairly accurate but may exclude bonuses:
https://sillyseason.com/salary/cryst...alaries-99595/

Goes to show how the Championship can be a money pit if you want to compete.

Mr Palace 01-08-2018 04:29 PM

Whoever sanctioned 60k is off their meds. I like him though and would prefer a loan but if it means getting better players in then needs must.

Dave Hedgehog 01-08-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14363623)
So as I was saying a few days ago that I wasn't convinced Roy rates Jairo that much, and this suggests so.

You might be right.

Odd that he was praising Jairo in the media up until quite recently. He also praised Chungy in the media towards the end of last season. Maybe that's clever man management/transfer strategy stuff.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog (Post 14363650)
You might be right.

Odd that he was praising Jairo in the media up until quite recently. He also praised Chungy in the media towards the end of last season. Maybe that's clever man management/transfer strategy stuff.

Yeah but he needed to compliment him just to give him confidence I guess, keep him feeling wanted but yes, also make other clubs hear good things about him (makes sense if you are looking to off-load the player). Also, after that praise he still rarely played him, even for a few minutes at the end of games.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14363023)
You've been repeatedly shown he was in the matchday squad bar two matches for the second half of the season and made it off the bench several times to shore the team up to close out matches.

He wasn't used very much really - we all have different ideas of what being used much was - that's normal. I don't consider it very much, considering Roy often finished with the same side.
2 starts and 4 sub appearances in the final 5 months of the season isn't very much to me!

So Personally I don't think that showed he had much faith in him. His decision to move him on now and replace him with Kouyate suggests that was the case.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14363005)
You keep banging the same drum.

We had all our central midfielders fit until the end of the season.

Yes and as I pointed out, Roy didn't use him much from the bench and for a couple of games even dropped him from the bench. So what's your point?

I thought that might suggest he didn't have much faith in Jairo, many others on here thought he did. Today's news suggests that he wants to replace him with Kouyate. And despite Jairo's potential to improve, personally I think it is a wise move as I haven't been convinced by him since day 1. But who knows, maybe he will move on and do really well at Swansea.

The12thman 01-08-2018 04:50 PM

I think he would do really well at Swansea.

dave_who_ru 01-08-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog (Post 14363636)
Wow really? This says 40k and looks fairly accurate but may exclude bonuses:
https://sillyseason.com/salary/cryst...alaries-99595/

Goes to show how the Championship can be a money pit if you want to compete.

I'm sure whoever is coming in will be on more than Jairo.

Maidstoned Eagle 01-08-2018 04:52 PM

Daft if True