CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Trev_the_eagle 07-11-2020 06:43 PM

It was nice to see Jairo and Eze start together as they are calm on the ball so we don't always have to play 100mph counter attack football. He did miss that header (think he got sucked under the ball rather than ducked out of it) but he won lots and there was one point, where he acted as
Cb, as Dann got drawn out of position and Jairo won the header from the cross. I thought this showed how he is maturing and showing more responsibility. Think there is more to come.

gilesy14 07-11-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 15494847)
My comment i must admit assumes knowledge of my previous posts. I am a fan. But he could ve so very good for us.

I will elaborate

Gilesy14 that isn't where I'm going with it. You've been here long enough to know I'm not obsessed with rhe hard worker because I'm pretty sure (could ve wrong tho) you've slagged me off for saying Kelly is limited despite his effort! Can't have both

I just don’t get the argument that he needs more urgency. We’ve had Luka diving in like an idiot for the past 2 seasons, getting booked (usually early on) & then basically taking himself out of the game as he’s walking a tightrope. Give me Jairo’s approach over that everyday of the week.

Yeah, he missed a header - but there are far, far more positives to focus on IMO.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 07-11-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 15494873)
I just don’t get the argument that he needs more urgency. We’ve had Luka diving in like an idiot for the past 2 seasons, getting booked (usually early on) & then basically taking himself out of the game as he’s walking a tightrope. Give me Jairo’s approach over that everyday of the week.

Yeah, he missed a header - but there are far, far more positives to focus on IMO.

We're just not used to midfielders who are calm on the ball around here. They just aren't frenetic enough and just don't 'giz it to the wingers' fast enough, innit?

Christ, the culture at our club. Some here would honestly rather Jedinak back.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 07-11-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 15494764)
Its only just criticism if you ignore the praise in every single post I've made about him!

I want more because he can! He has the technical ability but not the aggression. He has a great tackle but without it he doesn't nudge, push, pull a shirt, close the distance etc..just as important. I want him to do it because he could. Its what cabaye did and its what makes the difference.

People completely ignore him ducking out of a header today will nail jimmy for the pass he didn't make despite the turn ans pass that he did 5 mind before. Ppl wrote ayew off for us for not heading clear from 1 corner first season for us despite that being indecision and his unrelentless battling ever since.

Yeah, I think I generally agree with those comments.

But he is still offering a lot of positives as well. As he did again today.

Hazbaz 07-11-2020 07:06 PM

I think McCarthy might be better alongside Jairo playing a bit more of the enforcer role as Luka did to a degree with cabaye although to be fair cabaye was also capable in that role!

adrenalin john 07-11-2020 07:18 PM

Another excellent display from Jairo. Not perfect but well over 7/10. He's been our player of the season so far

Jim Cannon 07-11-2020 07:36 PM

Glad he has finally forced his way in

bigend1 07-11-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 15494873)

But I'm not comparing him to luka though. I haven't. In fact I've used the the comparison of luka getting sent off/booked vs a much more effective but much less booked/sent off jimmy as an example of controlled agreession and I'm sure that was on the bbs.

That's not what I am saying. Urgency or aggression doesn't have to be a lunging tackle or a nasty dig. Again jimmy shows that, hes not nasty just combative.

But by equal measure sitting off and giving time to quality players in the premiership is punished. Jimmy, mccarthy and how cabaye played means quality players KNOW they will have someone on them as soon as they get the ball! They will expect the first touch to be challenged and if not that tackle is coming. That's the difference between a nice touch, a look up for a run, a moment to pick a pass or spot a keeper they can beat... jairo doesn't.

He has a good tackle etc... is excellent at reading the game and his natural quality on the ball. He doesn't however charge in. He doesn't nudge, kick, push, pull, rush, Harry ans just generally be an arse. That's why we haven't replaced cabye. We can't afford to. Jairo COULD be that guy but will he?

Its not unfair criticism . Its because he could, finally be the guy we need. But not doing thar is a big deal.

As I said I'm guilty of continuing my point from previous posts so get it as negative when it's not. Its a big deal though

Kai 07-11-2020 08:33 PM

Another strong performance. Defensively excellent and looks better by the game

maestro 07-11-2020 08:42 PM

When does his contract run out?

knowlesyUCLA 07-11-2020 08:42 PM

Jairo = peak Cabaye + peak Luka.

Ticehurst 07-11-2020 08:52 PM

Listened at work the reporters were really positive about jairo and said every member of the palace staff clapped him off .comes across as really good bloke as well he's taken time but he's showing his class now

cpfcfan1 07-11-2020 08:56 PM

Seems he's just knuckled down and worked hard and now is getting his chance.

Fair play to the lad

alexcpfc 07-11-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 15495194)
Seems he's just knuckled down and worked hard and now is getting his chance.

Fair play to the lad

Pretty much what Roy said yesterday about him. He does offer us something different in the middle and more than happy to see him paired with one of the Jimmy’s. Thought he was instrumental today.

Shipp Ahoy! 07-11-2020 10:10 PM

Can we permanently bin off Luka now please!

Fitzie123 07-11-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15495270)

We don't need to permanently bin him off, but he has certainly lost his position in the starting line-up to Jairo IMO.

ExiledStirling 08-11-2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15495270)

He is not worthy of a starting position for us right now or perhaps even on the bench but ffs show the bloke some respect, he has been good player for us.

Stellavista 08-11-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzie123 (Post 15495366)
We don't need to permanently bin him off, but he has certainly lost his position in the starting line-up to Jairo IMO.

I'm not sure that's the case. Surely, it Jairo and one of three now?

The Vicar 08-11-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15494881)
We're just not used to midfielders who are calm on the ball around here. They just aren't frenetic enough and just don't 'giz it to the wingers' fast enough, innit?

Christ, the culture at our club. Some here would honestly rather Jedinak back.

But he is much better at heading the ball ;)

CharlieCPFC 08-11-2020 07:27 AM

Next step has to be tie him down on a longer term contract, build the team around him and Eze. Absolute joy to watch.