CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

cockles 25-10-2017 07:40 AM

Amazing that there are still people who rate this guy as a player.

Amazing that the club use terms such as "due diligence" when making signings.
In any real business, heads would roll for a mistake like this.

Yoda 25-10-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13911120)
Or we could develop him. He's been used off the bench now which is appropriate let's not forget he had punch next to him not luka or cable or jimmy. He's clearly not a starter when we hoped he would be but we can clearly do something with him.

When we are adrift in the Prem, lacking strikers and needing more mental strength, developing Jairo doesn’t seem a priority to me. We need emergency rescue.

If he played with passion but his skill was lacking, then one could argue he’d be useful in either league. So yes, he’d be one for the future we could develop. My gut says he isn’t.

Having Punch beside him doesn’t exonerate poor effort. Indeed there was one incident when Punch fought well to win the ball, passed it to Jairo who just fired it back at him before he’d recovered his balance and still had City players snapping at him. Jairo should have taken responsibility to move the ball elsewhere, but lazily dumped the ball back on Punch to deal with.

BillyTKid 25-10-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13911159)
Amazing that there are still people who rate this guy as a player.

Amazing that the club use terms such as "due diligence" when making signings.

We are just not the right club for him. We are a mess and constantly fighting fires. He obviously has a solid pedigree and played in a team that got the the Europa final. If he had gone somewhere like Southampton he would probably turn into a solid premier league player in a season or two.

cockles 25-10-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 13911175)
We are just not the right club for him. We are a mess and constantly fighting fires. He obviously has a solid pedigree and played in a team that got the the Europa final. If he had gone somewhere like Southampton he would probably turn into a solid premier league player in a season or two.

The modern Southampton would not have signed this guy. They have scouts who can do their job.

Se9 eagles 25-10-2017 08:14 AM

Weak.Like an immature teenager....

GreatGonzo 25-10-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13911159)

Erm........

Stellavista 25-10-2017 09:07 AM

Whether he has the potential to develop or not, 9m€ for a young player from one of the weakest leagues in Europe was ridiculous. I asssume his purchase was a sweetener for FDB, at a point where Parish had not yet realised what a shocking management appointment he'd made.

Tim 25-10-2017 09:19 AM

He was supposed to be ready now with experience of playing in Europe. Him & PVA were a disgrace last night. Hopefully we can mug some Dutch team off in Jan & get some money back.

WorthingEagle 25-10-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13911360)
He was supposed to be ready now with experience of playing in Europe. Him & PVA were a disgrace last night. Hopefully we can mug some Dutch team off in Jan & get some money back.

Questionable whether they would pay money for a technically good but raw, physically weak youngster when their academies are full of them?

Penstone Eagle 25-10-2017 11:48 AM

Great assist for the 4th goal.

Stellavista 25-10-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13911360)

Apparently Ajax fans couldn't believed we stumped up so much money for him. Expect we will take a proper rinsing on any re-sale. We must be getting a reputation as a soft touch on transfer fees and wages. Maybe it's the only way we can attract players to our basket case of a club?

The Vicar 25-10-2017 01:17 PM

Yes, he is a work in progress, but I am hopeful he will prove very useful over time.

Incoming...

davemorris04 25-10-2017 06:09 PM

Absolute toilet, a signing who sums up the total disaster of a summer we had.

cpfcben 25-10-2017 06:20 PM

Brilliant at short one touch passing. Jury is out if he can mix it physically.

Martin H 25-10-2017 06:26 PM

Funny how we all see and appreciate different things. I think he looks like he will be a class player and is already showing some good stuff. The mistake for the goal was a dumb mistake but he had an excellent first half.

Mad Raschic Ken 25-10-2017 06:27 PM

I know we paid good money for him, but that's done now, so putting that aside can he be a success? It seems to me that he's only young and if he had come through our academy we would be raving about him and wanting him to be given opportunities. He's certainly got to get used to the physical nature and speed of the game over here, but I hope we stick with him because I think he's got something and will be a very good player in years to come.

Mr Palace 25-10-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13912229)
Funny how we all see and appreciate different things. I think he looks like he will be a class player and is already showing some good stuff. The mistake for the goal was a dumb mistake but he had an excellent first half.

I think there is a lot of potential there and it's harsh for him to be written off. I think he'll come good but he needs to improve physically.

917L 25-10-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13912229)

Class?

He looks abosolute!y out of his depth

Jim Cannons Moustache 25-10-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 13912235)
Class?

He looks abosolute!y out of his depth

So far in the games I've seen he has shat his pants against Huddersfield, passed it straight into touch a few times v Burnley and done a Jeff Hughes impression against Bristol Ciry.

I can just about stretch to "potential" but "class" and "outstanding technical ability" on the evidence so far is la-la-land wishful thinking to an incredible degree.

dim 25-10-2017 07:04 PM

Ducks out of headers.