CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 10-09-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14912430)
I read it another way and wonder why his attitude was poor before. Ayew is playing so well now it is hard to believe that he let himself and the club down before this change of heart

He worked really hard for most of last season too, particularly in the second half of it.

The way he made Wilf's goal, our 4th, at Leicester showed that.

Billy Rhino 10-09-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14912430)
I read it another way and wonder why his attitude was poor before. Ayew is playing so well now it is hard to believe that he let himself and the club down before this change of heart

That's so unfair and not how life works. Most of us can get stuck in a rut sometimes and it can be very hard to change your mindset. His point was not only about football but his home life as well.

Not only that but the level these guys train and play at is something we can only imagine. Yes they are playing the game we love and get paid a fortune but the amount of effort needed to get as fit as they are is enormous and very painful.

CPFC_AwayDays 10-09-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 14912205)
Dyche would have been perfect for us, but happy with we got Roy

Full on Brexit 442 football, most boring team in the league :sleepy: no thanks.

aashman12 11-09-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC_AwayDays (Post 14912759)
Full on Brexit 442 football, most boring team in the league :sleepy: no thanks.

Well said, one of the worst teams to visit selhurst in our return, even de boers team dominated them at their ground,

Worksop Palace 11-09-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14911990)
Your last sentence answers your first. Poor old workshop has been infected by Brighton Trollitis, in other words a bad case of the penistones.

I think the sun has fried your brain

Worksop Palace 11-09-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmean (Post 14911967)
I really don't understand why people come out with these sorts of comments. Anyone with even a minuscule amount of footballing knowledge, know's it's not this simple.

Ok, so Roy is also wrong then because if heís anything like you seem to think he is, heís be starting for us right ? He hardly makes the bench. Weíve been paying him a fat salary for doing fvck all. He canít be arsed to try and improve or go on loan to get some game time. Heís a lazy fvcker that adds nothing to our squad. Roy clearly agrees.

But you want to keep him.

Wow

mcmean 11-09-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14912822)
Ok, so Roy is also wrong then because if he’s anything like you seem to think he is, he’s be starting for us right ? He hardly makes the bench. We’ve been paying him a fat salary for doing fvck all. He can’t be arsed to try and improve or go on loan to get some game time. He’s a lazy fvcker that adds nothing to our squad. Roy clearly agrees.

But you want to keep him.

Wow

Now you're just making stuff up.

1) please point me towards where I said he's good enough to start - which is what I assume you mean by "anything like you seem to think he is"

2) please also point me towards where I said I wanted to keep him

All I said was that anyone with any sense knows, it's not as simple as just "getting rid" of a player

Worksop Palace 11-09-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmean (Post 14912826)
Now you're just making stuff up.

1) please point me towards where I said he's good enough to start - which is what I assume you mean by "anything like you seem to think he is"

2) please also point me towards where I said I wanted to keep him

All I said was that anyone with any sense knows, it's not as simple as just "getting rid" of a player

Why ? We and other teams get rid of players all the time, why is he so different ?

mcmean 11-09-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14912828)
Why ? We and other teams get rid of players all the time, why is he so different ?

No answers to my two questions?

The facts are that we, and other teams don't cancel players contracts "all the time". Unless you can provide me with a list of players who's contracts we've been cancelling on a regular basis?

Littlecaesar 11-09-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14912748)
He worked really hard for most of last season too, particularly in the second half of it.

The way he made Wilf's goal, our 4th, at Leicester showed that.

I was there and the goal also showed why Maguire is not worth 40, let alone 80m.

jaspercpfc 11-09-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aashman12 (Post 14912817)
Well said, one of the worst teams to visit selhurst in our return, even de boers team dominated them at their ground,

But still lost. Dyche is old school to a certain extent and learnt his trade in the lower leagues as a player. When we were linked with Dyche many felt an appointment like Dyche was beneath us. (Same could be said for Ashley Barnes when we were linked 18 months back)
They (Burnley) may not necessarily be expansive in their approach but they've built a model that works and despite you saying they're dour, they still scored 15 more goals than us last season and they will almost certainly score more than us again this term. We are hardly playing progressive football under Roy and have lacked creative players in the middle for a long time.
Dyche probably has a similar mindset to Parish where he has to focus on one season at a time without laying too many foundations long term but with the tight constraints given to him that's probably more understandable. Would I want him potentially, what I didn't like was seeing our fans thinking we were billy big bollocks and we are too good for him.

mushroom 11-09-2019 07:30 AM

Iíd love Dyche here. He gets a lot out of a limited team. He makes average players better.

Worksop Palace 11-09-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmean (Post 14912829)
No answers to my two questions?

The facts are that we, and other teams don't cancel players contracts "all the time". Unless you can provide me with a list of players who's contracts we've been cancelling on a regular basis?

I didnít say anything about cancelling contracts, I just said Ďget ridí. Maybe I should have added Ďasapí

Contracts should be more watertight on service given. If I tossed my job off and didnít put any effort in, Iíd get binned

cockles 11-09-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14912822)

But you want to keep him.

Clearly not what he said. Not even close.

cockles 11-09-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14912836)
Iíd love Dyche here. He gets a lot out of a limited team. He makes average players better.

Focuses on quality long balls. Would suit Tekers...

CpfcLoz 11-09-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14912430)
I read it another way and wonder why his attitude was poor before. Ayew is playing so well now it is hard to believe that he let himself and the club down before this change of heart

i thought he worked hard last year without the end product. hes always had a good attitude. thats very harsh, did you even watch the games Ayew played last year? nonsense.

mushroom 11-09-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 14912859)
Focuses on quality long balls. Would suit Tekers...


I think he is a pragmatist. He works with what he has. I love the way his teams defend... he gets a tune out of Woods and ***** Barnes. He plays to the players strengths. He has got Burnley up... kept them up and established them as a prem team. All with a shitty squad

AJ 11-09-2019 10:23 AM

What Dyche has done on his budget is amazing. On top of that he has brought through some young players over the years, all of which generally get sold. I am not a fan of his, but he would make a decent Palace manager, imo.

Billy Rhino 11-09-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14912839)
I didnít say anything about cancelling contracts, I just said Ďget ridí. Maybe I should have added Ďasapí

Contracts should be more watertight on service given. If I tossed my job off and didnít put any effort in, Iíd get binned

Although I agree with the principal he's currently got approx. 150 weeks left on his contract x £55,000 week = £8,250,000 we would have to pay him to get rid.

No easy way out of that.

sydnsteve 11-09-2019 12:11 PM

******* hell. The world has gone mad.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.