CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Betting (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Football Index (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276104)

DHeagle 10-08-2018 12:10 PM

Football Index

Couldn't see a thread on this already - https://www.footballindex.co.uk/

Who's on it? Fun little thing to do I've found - getting interesting with the season coming up.

Anyone interested in getting started, hit this link, and you and I both get a free tenner ;): http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf...46&name=DavidH

Keen to discuss trading strategies etc and happy to explain how it works to anyone! There's lots of good material on YouTube (Football Index Guide) and Twitter (just about everyone seems to want to tweet about their progress).

They've just put together a TV ad using Motty's voice and a deal with SkySports I believe, so you're likely to start seeing much more of it soon!

dan27 11-08-2018 12:03 PM

I was gonna start a thread on this the other day but it slipped my mind!

I'm getting on it this season after a few months of lurking and research. There's a £500 risk free offer for 7 days at the moment so waiting until after the first round of Premier League fixtures before finally deciding where to put my money. Will withdraw all after 6 days and then start with about £50.

Finbar 11-08-2018 11:05 PM

Yeah this does look interesting, might take a look at the risk free promo

AWB's stock surely on the rise (assuming he's quoted of course)

DHeagle 13-08-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finbar (Post 14383361)
Yeah this does look interesting, might take a look at the risk free promo

AWB's stock surely on the rise (assuming he's quoted of course)

He was one of the first names I looked for when I started at the end of May. Criminal that he isn't currently on there, when they IPO'd a load of dross from Fulham and Cardiff last week!

dan27 16-08-2018 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Signed up a couple of days ago and put down the full £500 with the risk free promotion. Having said I would withdraw it all after a week and then put £50 in I have since changed my mind and will keep the full £500 in (only withdrawing if I am at a loss after a week to reset but will put £500 straight back in!) as it seems having more shares/futures in a player is more beneficial really.

Plodding along nicely so far. Expecting Pogba's value to recover and grow as the season progresses, especially if his bust up with Mourinho rumbles on. Hoping Coutinho will go to another level this season as he is now available to play in the Champions League for Barcelona, and think that Eriksen will really begin to be appreciated for the world class player that he is this year. Couple of younger ones in there too. Obviously Ruben Neves is well set for an audition to one of Europe's big boys this season and Demarai Gray ought to be given more responsibility at Leicester now Mahrez has left - anticipate him making the full England squad in time. Naby Keita is a quality player who will be crucial to Liverpool's likely title bid (plus the media love shiny new Liverpool players) and Bernardo Silva is cheap for a City player who will likely go from strength to strength.

Yesterday was a bit of a baptism of fire as I intended to just leave it for a few days and return to check on things but De Bruyne's value plummeted so I cut my losses early and watched Bernardo Silva's value soar. Was very interesting seeing how quickly De Bruyne's value sunk as early rumours emerged of his injury. It was like a runaway train!

cpfc4evandeva 16-08-2018 08:16 AM

How do players values go up and down?

dan27 16-08-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14388282)
How do players values go up and down?

It's based on how many shares (futures they call them) are in demand for that player.

Players can win "dividends" based on matchday performance and media interest. On a non-matchday 3 players win dividends for "media buzz" - 8p for 1st place, 5p for 2nd place and 2p for 3rd place. Only players in the "top 200" are eligible and it is based on 25 British news outlets.

On a matchday 4 players win dividends for "performance buzz" - 4p each for best defender, midfielder, attacker and star performer. On a double matchday this is doubled and on a triple matchday this is trebled. Top "media buzz" for the day also wins 5p. Only the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League are eligible.

Essentially what influences price is the player's likelihood to win dividends over time. Some players are better at winning dividends than others due to how performance is rated (bit like fantasy football is rated but much more in depth) and how much the media focuses on them. If a player is considered by the traders on the platform to be likely to be in with a chance of winning dividends then their price will go up and if not then it will go down. So when De Bruyne got injured yesterday his value sunk as he would go 3 months or so without being able to win dividends; meanwhile his likely replacements David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Ilkay Gundogan all saw their prices increase as they would be more likely to win dividends in the interim period.

It's all very interesting and most players' values are at the very least steady with the vast majority of players increasing in value by varying amounts so there isn't too much to lose as the platform looks to be growing very well. The guide to dividends is explained well here: http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/pbguide/

However it hasn't updated the increase in performance buzz dividends which have increased since that was published.

DHeagle 16-08-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14388277)
Signed up a couple of days ago and put down the full £500 with the risk free promotion. Having said I would withdraw it all after a week and then put £50 in I have since changed my mind and will keep the full £500 in (only withdrawing if I am at a loss after a week to reset but will put £500 straight back in!) as it seems having more shares/futures in a player is more beneficial really.

Plodding along nicely so far. Expecting Pogba's value to recover and grow as the season progresses, especially if his bust up with Mourinho rumbles on. Hoping Coutinho will go to another level this season as he is now available to play in the Champions League for Barcelona, and think that Eriksen will really begin to be appreciated for the world class player that he is this year. Couple of younger ones in there too. Obviously Ruben Neves is well set for an audition to one of Europe's big boys this season and Demarai Gray ought to be given more responsibility at Leicester now Mahrez has left - anticipate him making the full England squad in time. Naby Keita is a quality player who will be crucial to Liverpool's likely title bid (plus the media love shiny new Liverpool players) and Bernardo Silva is cheap for a City player who will likely go from strength to strength.

Yesterday was a bit of a baptism of fire as I intended to just leave it for a few days and return to check on things but De Bruyne's value plummeted so I cut my losses early and watched Bernardo Silva's value soar. Was very interesting seeing how quickly De Bruyne's value sunk as early rumours emerged of his injury. It was like a runaway train!

I like a few of your picks there! Gray and Coutinho are interesting ones for the reasons you mentioned. I like Keita but have balked at his price recently as he was £2.50 when I joined at the start of June! I do think he might be worth jumping on though.

I fortunately got on the Pogba train when his price was around £6.20. Careful what happens with him though - if he does go to Barca, he will sell off as he's less likely to win MB there. Definitely worth holding for buzz in the mean time though.

Good move cutting de Bruyne early, I learned a painful lesson with de Arrascaeta during the world cup - took a punt on him at £1.25 and sat there not wanting to take a loss as he dropped towards 65p over the next month! Cutting losers is key.

dan27 16-08-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHeagle (Post 14388418)
I like a few of your picks there! Gray and Coutinho are interesting ones for the reasons you mentioned. I like Keita but have balked at his price recently as he was £2.50 when I joined at the start of June! I do think he might be worth jumping on though.

I fortunately got on the Pogba train when his price was around £6.20. Careful what happens with him though - if he does go to Barca, he will sell off as he's less likely to win MB there. Definitely worth holding for buzz in the mean time though.

Good move cutting de Bruyne early, I learned a painful lesson with de Arrascaeta during the world cup - took a punt on him at £1.25 and sat there not wanting to take a loss as he dropped towards 65p over the next month! Cutting losers is key.

It was very eye-opening and a real "welcome to the Index" moment as I saw KDB price suddenly plummet - fortunately I was on twitter at the time and saw his name begin to feature quite a bit so managed to cut early. Seems to have levelled off now and once he is back to full fitness he will be very profitable I imagine so tempted to get back in whilst his price is low. There was a part of me that wanted to hold onto him due to the likely MB that his injury would generate and that I would be confident that his price would recover back to well above pre-injury levels but I opted to cut - will see if I live to regret it! Agree re Pogba - I can't see him going anywhere but if it begins to look like that is likely (you can usually tell when something will definitely happen) then I will sell him off. His price dropped down to -0.27 of what I bought him for within a day but has recovered to -0.12 today alone and he looks set to win today's MB. He is in the Sunday game as well so could be an outside bet for PB too.

I'm very much looking forward to the season really getting going so I can start to work out some tactics for PB. Looks difficult to secure dividends in PB but getting a couple of players who win this 2 or 3 times would be very rewarding.

Would be great to get some more BBSers involved and posting as I really do think the platform will take off even more this year. What have been your best picks so far?

DHeagle 16-08-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14388485)
It was very eye-opening and a real "welcome to the Index" moment as I saw KDB price suddenly plummet - fortunately I was on twitter at the time and saw his name begin to feature quite a bit so managed to cut early. Seems to have levelled off now and once he is back to full fitness he will be very profitable I imagine so tempted to get back in whilst his price is low. There was a part of me that wanted to hold onto him due to the likely MB that his injury would generate and that I would be confident that his price would recover back to well above pre-injury levels but I opted to cut - will see if I live to regret it! Agree re Pogba - I can't see him going anywhere but if it begins to look like that is likely (you can usually tell when something will definitely happen) then I will sell him off. His price dropped down to -0.27 of what I bought him for within a day but has recovered to -0.12 today alone and he looks set to win today's MB. He is in the Sunday game as well so could be an outside bet for PB too.

I'm very much looking forward to the season really getting going so I can start to work out some tactics for PB. Looks difficult to secure dividends in PB but getting a couple of players who win this 2 or 3 times would be very rewarding.

Would be great to get some more BBSers involved and posting as I really do think the platform will take off even more this year. What have been your best picks so far?

Yeah I’d like a discussion forum for it, so more BBSerd involved would be great! Granted I’m not as bullish on FI as the pillocks on Twitter who keep saying things like “who needs a bank account when you have Football Index”!

I’ve held Kingsley Coman since I started, he’s gone from £1.90 to £2.90, there or thereabouts. Including MB, Pogba has generated a good return, and he’s one of my bigger holds since depositing more money. Also have a few Ramos which worked well for me yesterday. I’ve got a broad spread of Prem, Ligue 1 and Serie A players whose value I’m expecting to climb over the season too.

Regarding de Bruyne, there’s a lot of discussion on Twitter about what to do about him. With the index rising so fast the general consensus is why buy him for a three month hold that has little to no potential for earning dividends in that time? The flip side is if you don’t wanna be on the index trading regularly, now is a good time to get in as his value will definitely climb, and by the time he’s back similar players will probably be over £6! Personally I have no cash sitting in my account so can’t get any of him at the moment.

DAWSYEAGLE 16-08-2018 12:29 PM

I joined this just before the season started. Unfortunately seem to have missed a huge bull run that happened in mid July for a lot of players.

One observation I have made so far is that it operates very close to an actual stock market. For example, on news of the KdB injury, his value dropped from 5.6 to 4.8 and then recovered to around 5.1 when people realised that he might be back in a few months and was undervalued.

Also values seem to drop midweek when there is not much football. It might be worth selling your portfollio on Sunday and re-buying in mid-week when the buzz of impending matches begins to build.

Anyway... I have invested £1000 which is now worth 1022.

One other thing, a good strategy is to buy into players that are "unfashionable" because they have had a lay off, run of bad form or just boring to watch but who you will do a job. Examples of these are Morata, Sigurdsson and Rondon.

dan27 16-08-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE (Post 14388583)
I joined this just before the season started. Unfortunately seem to have missed a huge bull run that happened in mid July for a lot of players.

One observation I have made so far is that it operates very close to an actual stock market. For example, on news of the KdB injury, his value dropped from 5.6 to 4.8 and then recovered to around 5.1 when people realised that he might be back in a few months and was undervalued.

Also values seem to drop midweek when there is not much football. It might be worth selling your portfollio on Sunday and re-buying in mid-week when the buzz of impending matches begins to build.

One other thing, a good strategy is to buy into players that are "unfashionable" because they have had a lay off, run of bad form or just boring to watch but who you will do a job. Examples of these are Morata, Sigurdsson and Rondon.

Yeah I too missed the bull run during the transfer window but I expect as more and more people join then prices will continue to rise. Interesting point re Morata, Glyfi and Rondon - I am yet to be involved during a triple matchday so interested in how PB dividends will be gained. My guessing is that unless a player is deemed to have a chance of gaining MB or PB then his price is unlikely to see any significant upwards change? I would have thought that Rondon would have to go some to be fighting off all the other forwards in the top 5 leagues to win best attacker whilst playing for Newcastle but interested to see how it plays out. If he's cheap then he really needs to only win 1 MB all season to return a significant amount on the investment.

I'm keen to get back on KDB as I expect his price will eventually recover to well above pre-injury levels but won't alter anything until after our game on Monday night as I am happy with who I have and want to see PB in proper swing. Full round of Europa League matches tonight which might have an influence and I have one or two players who will feature.

DAWSYEAGLE 16-08-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14388609)
Yeah I too missed the bull run during the transfer window but I expect as more and more people join then prices will continue to rise. Interesting point re Morata, Glyfi and Rondon - I am yet to be involved during a triple matchday so interested in how PB dividends will be gained. My guessing is that unless a player is deemed to have a chance of gaining MB or PB then his price is unlikely to see any significant upwards change? I would have thought that Rondon would have to go some to be fighting off all the other forwards in the top 5 leagues to win best attacker whilst playing for Newcastle but interested to see how it plays out. If he's cheap then he really needs to only win 1 MB all season to return a significant amount on the investment.

I'm keen to get back on KDB as I expect his price will eventually recover to well above pre-injury levels but won't alter anything until after our game on Monday night as I am happy with who I have and want to see PB in proper swing. Full round of Europa League matches tonight which might have an influence and I have one or two players who will feature.

Actually a lot of players who have no chance of getting any PB or MB dividends do seem to appreciate significantly. It seems that a lot users buy players for capital appreciation rather than dividends.

I would equate it with investing in companies....a lot of investors buy shares in start ups that might not make a cent of profit currently (e.g. Tesla) and are happy not to receive a cent in dividends in the hope the value of their shares will rise in the future.

DHeagle 16-08-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE (Post 14388583)

As Dan said, Rondon would have a tough time. Typically the teams that are good for PB are ones that keep the ball, as each pass completed and overall pass percentage both factor into a PB score. That means picking players from teams that battle to results most weeks is really tough to be successful with, unless you catch the week where Rondon scores a hat-trick, for example.

Flipping the portfolio weekly would be a very risky game, as there is typically a 2% spread between buy and sell prices, and the Index takes 2% of the sell price as commission, so you give up nearly 4% there alone. The platform is going through huge growth now so it's hard to tell, but a general 4% rise can't really be relied upon. There is a huge amount of buzz around matches though if you pick players from the right teams! Real lost last night yet Benzema is up 10%, Ramos is up 20%, and Bale made a bit of a move too.

DAWSYEAGLE 16-08-2018 01:03 PM

P.s, anyone fancy doing a tracker together? We could share the names of a few up and coming young players in Europe, buy them and hold for a year?

DHeagle 16-08-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE (Post 14388637)
Actually a lot of players who have no chance of getting any PB or MB dividends do seem to appreciate significantly. It seems that a lot users buy players for capital appreciation rather than dividends.

I would equate it with investing in companies....a lot of investors buy shares in start ups that might not make a cent of profit currently (e.g. Tesla) and are happy not to receive a cent in dividends in the hope the value of their shares will rise in the future.

Fair point, but everything is rising at the moment - over the course of the season, those guys playing in teams that are doing well will almost certainly receive more love than those playing in worse teams.

I have this opinion with investing in companies as I do these players (although I'm well aware this is gambling). Chasing momentum is fine, and you may find some lemons for cheap whose value will rise, a la Rondon. His value over the course of the season though will be relative to his ability to win dividends, and as more money enters the index, people will generally flock to those players playing in winning teams. My expectation is a widening gap between players on teams that have regular PB winners relative to those with few or no PB winners.

DHeagle 16-08-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE (Post 14388640)
P.s, anyone fancy doing a tracker together? We could share the names of a few up and coming young players in Europe, buy them and hold for a year?

What do you mean doing a tracker? I haven't really investigated them but are the trackers on FI not just weighted indexes of a certain number of players?

DAWSYEAGLE 16-08-2018 01:24 PM

Or rather a portfolio, made up players agreed between ourselves. Look for young, low value players that we will hold onto for a while.

Might be a fun project.

WorthingEagle 16-08-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE (Post 14388661)
Or rather a portfolio, made up players agreed between ourselves. Look for young, low value players that we will hold onto for a while.

Might be a fun project.

There's a bloke called Russ who would love to run it...

DAWSYEAGLE 16-08-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 14388668)
There's a bloke called Russ who would love to run it...

Haha. I thought of that scam when posting this!

This investment in this project will be down by your own account only...only the player names will be agreed on here!

dan27 16-08-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHeagle (Post 14388647)
Fair point, but everything is rising at the moment - over the course of the season, those guys playing in teams that are doing well will almost certainly receive more love than those playing in worse teams.

I have this opinion with investing in companies as I do these players (although I'm well aware this is gambling). Chasing momentum is fine, and you may find some lemons for cheap whose value will rise, a la Rondon. His value over the course of the season though will be relative to his ability to win dividends, and as more money enters the index, people will generally flock to those players playing in winning teams. My expectation is a widening gap between players on teams that have regular PB winners relative to those with few or no PB winners.

Those are my thoughts as well. The only real reason why prices rise is because of potential dividends - yes you can make money off a price rise and buy players in anticipation of their price rising before selling them off, but the only reason why prices should rise is in anticipation of potential dividends.

As the platform expands I would expect that people will become more and more drawn to those who regularly receive MB and those with the best chance of PB. Essentially players from the big teams. The real money maker will be buying a player in anticipation of him making the transition to a big team and becoming a world star and watching his price soar as this happens all whilst reaping the dividends - Mo Salah last year being the prime example.

I wonder if eventually the FI will need to expand PB and MB to encourage trading of those lower end players who might be being consistently pipped to the top spots in PB and MB. Ultimately the real gamble is on the platform succeeding and expanding rather than the individual trades on each player.

DHeagle 16-08-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14388701)
Those are my thoughts as well. The only real reason why prices rise is because of potential dividends - yes you can make money off a price rise and buy players in anticipation of their price rising before selling them off, but the only reason why prices should rise is in anticipation of potential dividends.

As the platform expands I would expect that people will become more and more drawn to those who regularly receive MB and those with the best chance of PB. Essentially players from the big teams. The real money maker will be buying a player in anticipation of him making the transition to a big team and becoming a world star and watching his price soar as this happens all whilst reaping the dividends - Mo Salah last year being the prime example.

I wonder if eventually the FI will need to expand PB and MB to encourage trading of those lower end players who might be being consistently pipped to the top spots in PB and MB. Ultimately the real gamble is on the platform succeeding and expanding rather than the individual trades on each player.

Exactly. I did see a chap suggesting a 'young player dividend' that would go to the youngest starting player on each match day or something, but that would automatically inflate seventeen and eighteen year olds relative to, say, 20 year olds. He might be onto something, although I don't think it's as straightforward as rewarding a player for turning up...

At some point the payments for these dividends will have to increase, as the div yields are shrinking by the day!

Another tip with regard to dividends is that something like double the number of players won PB compared to MB last year, which confirms what we basically already know - the press have the people they like to talk about, and they're a pretty good bet to make some returns. Somehow, Harry Kane isn't really one of them though.

dan27 18-08-2018 10:12 AM

First proper matchday since I've started this. Pogba already with two MB wins and a price swing of 30p since I bought in (28p decrease now recovered to 4p increase) and still regretting axing KDB so quickly after his injury when I'm sure his price will recover in time.

Coutinho, Eriksen and possibly Neves and Gray are my hopes for PB today. Coutinho especially as he is my biggest hold.

DHeagle 20-08-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14390773)
First proper matchday since I've started this. Pogba already with two MB wins and a price swing of 30p since I bought in (28p decrease now recovered to 4p increase) and still regretting axing KDB so quickly after his injury when I'm sure his price will recover in time.

Coutinho, Eriksen and possibly Neves and Gray are my hopes for PB today. Coutinho especially as he is my biggest hold.

My guess is these didn't come off for you in the end?

I have one Messi future so pulled in 18p in PB on Saturday. :sunglasses: Pogba has just kept raking in MB, although it'll come time to sell soon I think - I'm expecting a bit of a drop before the window closes. Glad I bought Kroos a couple of weeks ago, price soared last night when people saw his PB score, and he won midfield PB!

laboxers 09-10-2018 12:27 PM

Signed up for this recently and just getting going. Deposited £125 so far and after 2 days I've earned 18p in dividends and seen a £1.16 profit.

Thinking to invest a larger sum from my savings, as they're basically doing nothing at the moment in the bank.

How are people getting on so far?

dan27 15-10-2018 11:13 AM

It's up and down but going pretty well!

Pogba has made me £14 in dividends alone and I could sell him for a £50 profit. Jaden Sancho the same, could be selling him for £35 profit from when I started.

The difficulty is getting on someone before a jump in price. I was keen to get on Hazard a few weeks back - I decided he was too expensive but his price still jumped £2.20 in a week or so. Had I bought 20 futures that would have been £40 increase.

The hard part for me at the moment is knowing when to sell. I want my 'profits' to be real but that would mean selling them, which would then mean reinvesting somewhere else and there aren't that many players who I think are reliable scorers thus far. That said, Pogba is a MB magnet and Sancho is only going to become more prominent in British football in the next year or so, so I doubt I'll lose them.

laboxers 07-11-2018 01:38 PM

So I'm a month in now. I've invested £1,250, and currently my portfolio is worth £1,394. This does include £11.92 of dividends, a £10 referral bonus and £20 deposit bonus.

Like you say its knowing when to cash in. I bought a few big players (Hazard, Mbappe) and they both significantly increased in, although Hazard is now actually losing me money.

Do you take the upsides when they've got big increases or do you ride it out? Its a difficult one for me.

Cuirrently have 40 futures in Callum Wilson. He's gone up £1.04 per share since I got him, but worried he'll then crash. But at current price of £2.96 a share theres definitely scope for an increase if he gets an England call (which is deserved on form!)

DHeagle 06-01-2019 11:12 AM

Made it a new year resolution to sort my portfolio and get it together on FI - having so much more fun now. Lost interest as my profits started plummeting but I was stubborn/kept faith in my decisions. Finally decided to do something about it.

Have swept up a range of players between £1 and £3 and things are starting to look a lot better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 14497436)
Do you take the upsides when they've got big increases or do you ride it out? Its a difficult one for me.

Cuirrently have 40 futures in Callum Wilson. He's gone up £1.04 per share since I got him, but worried he'll then crash. But at current price of £2.96 a share theres definitely scope for an increase if he gets an England call (which is deserved on form!)

Did you cash out on Wilson? There's a lot of interest in him because of the Chelsea links, and he's obviously scored a few goals this season.

A couple of under-the-radar players for you that I've picked up - Marcus Thuram (son of Lilian) and Tyler Adams. Thuram is 21 and scoring goals for a team rock bottom of Ligue 1, he will move in the summer when they go down I believe. Currently £2.02, room to go up given G&A divs and the hype around U21 talents. Adams is an American CM who has just moved to RB Leipzig, only £1.34 currently. At a team known for blooding young players, he'll get opportunities like Lookman did last year. Injuries to Forsberg, Kampl and Ilsanker mean that could be sooner than later!

laboxers 07-01-2019 11:30 AM

Yeah I did in the end. Bought at £1.93 a share and sold around the £3 mark. So made a reasonably tidy profit there. He's increased now again now, but there was a big drop. So I'm happy enough.

I bought a few Rashfords just before Jose left and he's been sky rocketing ever since. The other decent purchase I made was Nicolo Zaniolo who I bought just before he started against Real.

Thinking of pumping a little more in ahead of the share split, so Thuram could be a decent buy.

DHeagle 08-01-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 14580483)
Yeah I did in the end. Bought at £1.93 a share and sold around the £3 mark. So made a reasonably tidy profit there. He's increased now again now, but there was a big drop. So I'm happy enough.

I bought a few Rashfords just before Jose left and he's been sky rocketing ever since. The other decent purchase I made was Nicolo Zaniolo who I bought just before he started against Real.

Thinking of pumping a little more in ahead of the share split, so Thuram could be a decent buy.

Had been hearing about Zaniolo repeatedly on podcasts and wish I'd acted on it rather than just ignoring my constantly falling portfolio!

Currently staring in bewilderment at this CHO run, he's played five professional games and is near the top 10 most expensive on the index, it's getting silly.

Having deposited the weekend just gone I'm tempted to add more over the next couple of weeks, it's looking more and more tempting.

aj4england 08-01-2019 02:05 PM

Whats happened to Hennesseys share price out of interest over last few days.

Andy08 08-01-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14582794)
Whats happened to Hennesseys share price out of interest over last few days.

He's pretty much (+3p) at his IPO price of 41p anyway. Price retreated from 65p when Guiata emerged from the thicket.

Glad to see there are other eagles on this platform. I've been on since September 2017 and am nearing 100% ROI. Recommend 'try January' offer for anyone that hasn't heard of it before. DO research and learn rules are a must!

aj4england 08-01-2019 03:06 PM

I havent got involved as yet, though intrigued by the index

laboxers 08-01-2019 04:12 PM

One of us would be able to give you a sign-up code which gets us both a tenner free if anyone does fancy signing up.

Saw Martin Kelly trending on the main page today!!

It might be due to the risk free January offer, but my portfolio is rocketing atm.

DAWSYEAGLE 08-01-2019 04:24 PM

Bought 50 AWB at 50p. He is doing great the moment with the constant stream of stats from Europe!

DHeagle 08-01-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 14583046)
One of us would be able to give you a sign-up code which gets us both a tenner free if anyone does fancy signing up.

Saw Martin Kelly trending on the main page today!!

It might be due to the risk free January offer, but my portfolio is rocketing atm.

Still not been able to work out why Kelly is trending...

I wouldn't say mine is rocketing, but I've been sniffing around for some value so am looking forward to PB games returning in full force. All this cup nonsense is doing my head in!

I've told a few mates about FI and the risk-free offer but they don't seem to have any interest and I can't understand why. One told me he "doesn't know anything about football", yet puts accas on weekly...

KevTheOptimist 11-01-2019 04:56 PM

I'm being lazy and so feel free to tell me to go read up on it, but just very briefly, everyone seems to either be doing well or only losing a bit, so how are people making money out of hosting the site?

Is it purely due to the bid offer spread? Is there investment charges? Or are they simply making money because of all the money they have sitting in their account which people hold notional shares ?

davematt 14-01-2019 09:36 AM

I started on Thursday.

Its a slow burner but already seeing steady profit growth on my portfolio which is still quite small in comparison.

I'm going down the invest in young players with potential route, so seeing it more of a long term investment.

DHeagle 14-01-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevTheOptimist (Post 14588472)
I'm being lazy and so feel free to tell me to go read up on it, but just very briefly, everyone seems to either be doing well or only losing a bit, so how are people making money out of hosting the site?

Is it purely due to the bid offer spread? Is there investment charges? Or are they simply making money because of all the money they have sitting in their account which people hold notional shares ?

People deposit and buy players, every 100 shares that are bought in a player in excess of those being sold see the player's price rise by 1%. Football Index pay dividends for performance and media 'buzz' from the deposits.

In addition, FI takes a 2% commission on any player sale. FI is essentially the market maker, so when you sell, you can either sell to the market, and the website tries to match your sale at a specified price with anyone buying, or you can use the instant sell function to sell directly back to FI, but the trader takes a bit of a hit there.

As long as people trade, the company will make money because of the commissions. There is a lot of potential for growth given the user-base is still fairly small and there's likely a large gambling community that hasn't yet heard about it.

Edit: worth bearing in mind, you mostly won't hear about the people who don't do well... I saw a spike in my profits at one point and as they began to drop away a bit I buried my head in the sand and just ignored the entire thing!

dan27 14-01-2019 06:25 PM

Pogba is still a MB magnet and has made me £30 in dividends alone without me having to do anything. Made about £40 on Sancho when he had all the England hype and have taken quite a while to do anything with it. Decided today to get into Isco. Not getting a game at Madrid and if he leaves it will be to a big Prem club or PSG I think. Certainly be some buzz about him in the coming transfer windows if he remains out of favour - if he doesn't then I will have a key player in a Madrid side that is about to have a bit of a makeover.

Lots of my early punts have been down but only by a bit for a while so I'm waiting for them to pick up (due to a single match for example) before getting rid as they have been burdens. Eriksen is a prime example, bought him quite high and he slumped for a long time but not by loads and he was always likely to come back around - he's on my sell list now as he has a 50p rise and I just want rid now! David Silva and Naby Keita need to come back around now please!

Coutinho is interesting as he is hugely out of favour but being linked with big English clubs and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at United/Chelsea/Liverpool before long. He slumped from my buy price of £4.90 to about £3.20 for a bit but is now back at £4.65 and starting to think my patience could pay off.

davematt 15-01-2019 10:19 AM

I picked up 10+ futures in Vinicius Junior when he was about £7.44 last week (he was even cheaper earlier in the week); he has continued to spike and is now at the £8.37 mark.

He is now starting for Real Madrid and his stock is expected to continue to rise. I'm hoping I start to see some decent profit from my investment, especially once the CL comes around.

If he starts scoring some goals, he'll be £9.00+ in no time.

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:20 AM

I'm trying to find AWB, but I can't see him... Is he not on there?

dan27 15-01-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14594837)
I'm trying to find AWB, but I can't see him... Is he not on there?

He should on the “the squad” or whatever it’s called.

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:23 AM

Yep, tried that but I can't find him?!

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:25 AM

Scrap that - he's in the top 200 :)

davematt 15-01-2019 10:43 AM

I got a few in AWB; I'll probably invest more in him once we get closer to the summer, as I expect his stock to rise as I'd imagine their will be significant interest from at least three of the top six clubs in him once we get to the summer window...

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14594885)
I got a few in AWB; I'll probably invest more in him once we get closer to the summer, as I expect his stock to rise as I'd imagine their will be significant interest from at least three of the top six clubs in him once we get to the summer window...

I was watching him the other day, and it just dawned on me how ridiculously good he is for his age. He's not even been playing professional for a year, yet looks completely comfortable at the top level.

A month or two ago I saw he was linked with Everton, and I thought it would be a good move for him as he could learn from Coleman but also take his place quite easily given time. Now, I reckon much bigger fish than Everton will come after him in the Summer.

davematt 15-01-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14594894)
I was watching him the other day, and it just dawned on me how ridiculously good he is for his age. He's not even been playing professional for a year, yet looks completely comfortable at the top level.

A month or two ago I saw he was linked with Everton, and I thought it would be a good move for him as he could learn from Coleman but also take his place quite easily given time. Now, I reckon much bigger fish than Everton will come after him in the Summer.

With the season Walker is having at City, I can see him making it onto Pep's summer wish list. I'd like to think we'll get another year out of him but it would be very hard to turn down £40m+ for a FB (and I think he's in that price category given the potential).

laboxers 15-01-2019 01:27 PM

Don't forget the goal, assist and clean sheet bonus as well for dividends, but only in the first 30 days of owning the future.

Rashford is heading to be the next £10 player. Wish I'd have bought more shares in him now

Vicmo 15-01-2019 04:28 PM

I'm just dipping my toe in the water on this, I've got some AWB futures which are doing okay and some Morata ones which aren't (I'm playing the long game hoping he gets a new club). Anybody have any tips?

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 04:31 PM

Anyone know why there's a 30 day limit on the in-play dividends? Is it just a way to encourage more selling, which of course costs the 2% commission?

laboxers 16-01-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14595702)
Anyone know why there's a 30 day limit on the in-play dividends? Is it just a way to encourage more selling, which of course costs the 2% commission?

I think so. The dividends, especially for keepers, are probably not worthwhile chasing once you've paid the 2% commission. Maybe slightly different for the strikers, as they arent limited to just 2p a game for in-play dividends.

With regards to tips, I've picked up a few Amadou Haidara (currently (£1.84 a share) and Tyler Adams (£1.37 a share) futures. Both just moved to Leipzig from other Red Bull teams, and sene a 10p increase on Haidara already. Was a punt on Marcus Thuram above, and think Ive missed the boat on him a little bit, but might still be some value there.

Andy08 17-01-2019 02:43 PM

Share split in Q1 should see a significant influx of liquidity. I've hedged by keeping players from lower, mid and top end of market.

On the note of AWB price - think he's at about £2.85 now which is huge for a defender at a club like Palace. I guess it's all about future dividends and if he gets a big move to a top 4 club then this will improve his PB scores no end (with the likely addition of imperative G&A's).

cpfc4evandeva 17-01-2019 07:31 PM

AWB now at 3.19. I got him the other day for 2.70 :lux:

davematt 18-01-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14599238)
AWB now at 3.19. I got him the other day for 2.70 :lux:

I got him at £2.65 :lux:

Andy08 18-01-2019 10:58 AM

Nice one! Selling or holding? Using TAA as a benchmark, would have thought he's nearing his current price ceiling. Saying that, there has been some absurd movements in the market of late.

davematt 18-01-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy08 (Post 14599988)
Nice one! Selling or holding? Using TAA as a benchmark, would have thought he's nearing his current price ceiling. Saying that, there has been some absurd movements in the market of late.

Defo worth waiting till the summer.

The amount of transfer speculation will see him rise a tad more you'd reckon...

cpfc4evandeva 18-01-2019 11:20 AM

In my huge experience on this game (4 days), it seems to me that buying up and coming players like AWB is the way to go. Then you just hope that they get linked to bastard clubs like Man Utd :hmph:

davematt 18-01-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14600023)
In my huge experience on this game (4 days), it seems to me that buying up and coming players like AWB is the way to go. Then you just hope that they get linked to bastard clubs like Man Utd :hmph:

I'm just over a week into it.

I'm so far seeing a nice 8% profit on my investment.

As you've said, I'm going down the investing in up and coming players route (that are playing first team football already).

Players like AWB, V. Junior, Justin Kluivert, Patrick Cutrone and Ademola Lookman. All making small but steady profits.

DAWSYEAGLE 18-01-2019 12:19 PM

Wilf looking like decent value at the moment if you believe his form will get better!

laboxers 18-01-2019 12:51 PM

The main goal of the forum is to obtain dividends, whether Media, Performance or Goals and Assists. The theory is a players price is dependant on how likely they are to win these dividends. So although the youngsters are a good place to look for some growth in price, they are probably less likely to win these dividends at present, and you are holding them long term on the basis they will win in the future.

Obviously if you're making some tidy (potential) profit along the way on them then great.

Will be interesting to see what happens with dividends when the share split comes. They cant really go too much lower as they wont be worthwhile in winning.

DHeagle 18-01-2019 12:54 PM

Would urge some caution guys - the market has gone a bit nuts in January on young players. I guess it's searching for the next PB king, but seeing Hudson-Odoi get to £7 and Vinicius Jr close to £9 suggests there is a bit of a bubble.

I'm expecting there to be a rotation into PB players with all leagues resuming this weekend - have already seen that with Immobile and Kimmich adding a decent amount in the last 24 hours. Experienced traders on Twitter (I recommend getting on there to really get a feel for what's going on) are rightly suggesting that PB is the main market driver, so those guys that earn PB reliably, eg Kimmich, Thiago, Neymar, Banega, are the safest bets and will likely see their values rise in the next couple of weeks.

Also, plan ahead to what you want to hold going into the CL quarter-finals as players tend to rise then, and those teams that get knocked out will likely see their players fall a bit after.

cpfc4evandeva 18-01-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14600037)
I'm just over a week into it.

I'm so far seeing a nice 8% profit on my investment.

As you've said, I'm going down the investing in up and coming players route (that are playing first team football already).

Players like AWB, V. Junior, Justin Kluivert, Patrick Cutrone and Ademola Lookman. All making small but steady profits.

Ruben Neves is not even 22 years old :eek: He's a steal imo.

cpfc4evandeva 18-01-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHeagle (Post 14600166)
Would urge some caution guys - the market has gone a bit nuts in January on young players. I guess it's searching for the next PB king, but seeing Hudson-Odoi get to £7 and Vinicius Jr close to £9 suggests there is a bit of a bubble.

I'm expecting there to be a rotation into PB players with all leagues resuming this weekend - have already seen that with Immobile and Kimmich adding a decent amount in the last 24 hours. Experienced traders on Twitter (I recommend getting on there to really get a feel for what's going on) are rightly suggesting that PB is the main market driver, so those guys that earn PB reliably, eg Kimmich, Thiago, Neymar, Banega, are the safest bets and will likely see their values rise in the next couple of weeks.

Also, plan ahead to what you want to hold going into the CL quarter-finals as players tend to rise then, and those teams that get knocked out will likely see their players fall a bit after.

PB?

DHeagle 18-01-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14600290)
PB?

Sorry - performance buzz. MB is media buzz, and G&A are goal and assists dividends. These acronyms are thrown around like it's no-one's business on Twitter.

But yes, dividends should be key. I did see a stat somewhere that there have been about half the number of different media buzz winners than there have been performance buzz winners. The media have the people they are interested in, so unless a particular event occurs such as a transfer, they'll put out some mundane story about one of their favourites. Usually Pogba.

davematt 18-01-2019 03:09 PM

I'm going to invest in some 'big names' as we get ready for the return of the Champions League.

I'm slowly learning that Dividends is the way forward and getting some players that are likely to get some pretty big media buzz.

My current crop is more likely to increase in value than earn dividends.

davematt 18-01-2019 03:42 PM

What are people's thoughts of a Share Split, which many seem to think is not too far down the road given the continued increase in price of the top players?

I have been reading up on how it all works and to be honest, I think it sounds like a smart idea.

It will encourage new investors (prices will be halved) but for us current bunch, our shares will be doubled for any player/s we have invested in.

In regards to dividend pay outs, they will be halved, but our shares will have doubled so it won't really make much of a difference?

Or am I reading this all wrong?!

DHeagle 18-01-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14600379)
What are people's thoughts of a Share Split, which many seem to think is not too far down the road given the continued increase in price of the top players?

I have been reading up on how it all works and to be honest, I think it sounds like a smart idea.

It will encourage new investors (prices will be halved) but for us current bunch, our shares will be doubled for any player/s we have invested in.

In regards to dividend pay outs, they will be halved, but our shares will have doubled so it won't really make much of a difference?

Or am I reading this all wrong?!

No you've got it bang on, although consensus is for the split to be 4-to-1, ie prices will be divided by four, as will dividend payouts. But quantity of shares will be multiplied by four.

Absolutely makes sense to me, and I expect that to act as a tailwind over the next few weeks. No-one knows exactly when it'll be.

laboxers 19-01-2019 09:13 AM

I just worry that a 4 way split in dividends is not going to entice the new joiners as much. There's been a few whispers that the share split will be 4 ways and the dividends in half, which makes a bit more sense to me. But it will be interesting none the less.

Going to invest a bit more once payday comes.

dan27 18-03-2019 11:41 PM

Interesting to see how the share split goes. Pleased to see an increase in dividends by 28% as that is where the real money comes from IMO.

When it all goes live I will see how things react and might try to get rid of some of my current holds for more in-play dividends as I haven't bought anybody since that became part of the rules.

laboxers 22-03-2019 03:33 PM

Was surprised it was only a 3 way split, but probably the only way to increase the dividends. Hopefully it should help the growth continue, but think I'll be holding off from any deposits until the split actually happens.

aj4england 02-04-2019 09:53 AM

Right, going to get involved in this. Anyone have a referral code?

dan27 02-04-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14711263)
Right, going to get involved in this. Anyone have a referral code?

http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf...49&name=Daniel R

aj4england 03-04-2019 11:31 AM

Cheers my plan is to go

60% bigger names with Champions league in mind i.e. Aguero, Messi etc
20% middle split: Zahas, Frankie De Jong etc
20% Youngsters

Anyone adopting anything similar?

cpfc4evandeva 03-04-2019 11:37 AM

I cashed in my chips, making a massive £10 profit. I just didn't like how random it seemed. There were times where players would have good games, earn some dividends and yet their share price would drop. And every now and again a player would rocket or plummet based on seemingly very little.

Best of luck for everyone who keeps at it :p

laboxers 03-04-2019 12:18 PM

I'm currently at nearly a 33.3% ROI at present Buy price. So am reasonably happy at the moment.

Think my split cost wise is split:-

60% - Bigger names
10% - middle ground
40% - younger players

It probably sounds silly, but watching lots of football helps. Caught Zaniolo during the first Real game, thought he looked reasonable. Got on him at a very good price and seen decent profit there. Dan James I got on at IPO after seeing him play a few times for Swansea and again have made a decent profit there.

I'd definitely suggest reading the forum too. Lots of useful information there.

aj4england 03-04-2019 12:55 PM

110% laboxers ;)

laboxers 05-04-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14712568)
110% laboxers ;)

Haha....I work in finance too!! :wallbash:

Lets move Bigger names to 50%