CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Betting (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Football Index (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276104)

dan27 16-08-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHeagle (Post 14388647)
Fair point, but everything is rising at the moment - over the course of the season, those guys playing in teams that are doing well will almost certainly receive more love than those playing in worse teams.

I have this opinion with investing in companies as I do these players (although I'm well aware this is gambling). Chasing momentum is fine, and you may find some lemons for cheap whose value will rise, a la Rondon. His value over the course of the season though will be relative to his ability to win dividends, and as more money enters the index, people will generally flock to those players playing in winning teams. My expectation is a widening gap between players on teams that have regular PB winners relative to those with few or no PB winners.

Those are my thoughts as well. The only real reason why prices rise is because of potential dividends - yes you can make money off a price rise and buy players in anticipation of their price rising before selling them off, but the only reason why prices should rise is in anticipation of potential dividends.

As the platform expands I would expect that people will become more and more drawn to those who regularly receive MB and those with the best chance of PB. Essentially players from the big teams. The real money maker will be buying a player in anticipation of him making the transition to a big team and becoming a world star and watching his price soar as this happens all whilst reaping the dividends - Mo Salah last year being the prime example.

I wonder if eventually the FI will need to expand PB and MB to encourage trading of those lower end players who might be being consistently pipped to the top spots in PB and MB. Ultimately the real gamble is on the platform succeeding and expanding rather than the individual trades on each player.

DHeagle 16-08-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14388701)
Those are my thoughts as well. The only real reason why prices rise is because of potential dividends - yes you can make money off a price rise and buy players in anticipation of their price rising before selling them off, but the only reason why prices should rise is in anticipation of potential dividends.

As the platform expands I would expect that people will become more and more drawn to those who regularly receive MB and those with the best chance of PB. Essentially players from the big teams. The real money maker will be buying a player in anticipation of him making the transition to a big team and becoming a world star and watching his price soar as this happens all whilst reaping the dividends - Mo Salah last year being the prime example.

I wonder if eventually the FI will need to expand PB and MB to encourage trading of those lower end players who might be being consistently pipped to the top spots in PB and MB. Ultimately the real gamble is on the platform succeeding and expanding rather than the individual trades on each player.

Exactly. I did see a chap suggesting a 'young player dividend' that would go to the youngest starting player on each match day or something, but that would automatically inflate seventeen and eighteen year olds relative to, say, 20 year olds. He might be onto something, although I don't think it's as straightforward as rewarding a player for turning up...

At some point the payments for these dividends will have to increase, as the div yields are shrinking by the day!

Another tip with regard to dividends is that something like double the number of players won PB compared to MB last year, which confirms what we basically already know - the press have the people they like to talk about, and they're a pretty good bet to make some returns. Somehow, Harry Kane isn't really one of them though.

dan27 18-08-2018 10:12 AM

First proper matchday since I've started this. Pogba already with two MB wins and a price swing of 30p since I bought in (28p decrease now recovered to 4p increase) and still regretting axing KDB so quickly after his injury when I'm sure his price will recover in time.

Coutinho, Eriksen and possibly Neves and Gray are my hopes for PB today. Coutinho especially as he is my biggest hold.

DHeagle 20-08-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan27 (Post 14390773)
First proper matchday since I've started this. Pogba already with two MB wins and a price swing of 30p since I bought in (28p decrease now recovered to 4p increase) and still regretting axing KDB so quickly after his injury when I'm sure his price will recover in time.

Coutinho, Eriksen and possibly Neves and Gray are my hopes for PB today. Coutinho especially as he is my biggest hold.

My guess is these didn't come off for you in the end?

I have one Messi future so pulled in 18p in PB on Saturday. :sunglasses: Pogba has just kept raking in MB, although it'll come time to sell soon I think - I'm expecting a bit of a drop before the window closes. Glad I bought Kroos a couple of weeks ago, price soared last night when people saw his PB score, and he won midfield PB!

laboxers 09-10-2018 12:27 PM

Signed up for this recently and just getting going. Deposited 125 so far and after 2 days I've earned 18p in dividends and seen a 1.16 profit.

Thinking to invest a larger sum from my savings, as they're basically doing nothing at the moment in the bank.

How are people getting on so far?

dan27 15-10-2018 11:13 AM

It's up and down but going pretty well!

Pogba has made me 14 in dividends alone and I could sell him for a 50 profit. Jaden Sancho the same, could be selling him for 35 profit from when I started.

The difficulty is getting on someone before a jump in price. I was keen to get on Hazard a few weeks back - I decided he was too expensive but his price still jumped 2.20 in a week or so. Had I bought 20 futures that would have been 40 increase.

The hard part for me at the moment is knowing when to sell. I want my 'profits' to be real but that would mean selling them, which would then mean reinvesting somewhere else and there aren't that many players who I think are reliable scorers thus far. That said, Pogba is a MB magnet and Sancho is only going to become more prominent in British football in the next year or so, so I doubt I'll lose them.

laboxers 07-11-2018 01:38 PM

So I'm a month in now. I've invested 1,250, and currently my portfolio is worth 1,394. This does include 11.92 of dividends, a 10 referral bonus and 20 deposit bonus.

Like you say its knowing when to cash in. I bought a few big players (Hazard, Mbappe) and they both significantly increased in, although Hazard is now actually losing me money.

Do you take the upsides when they've got big increases or do you ride it out? Its a difficult one for me.

Cuirrently have 40 futures in Callum Wilson. He's gone up 1.04 per share since I got him, but worried he'll then crash. But at current price of 2.96 a share theres definitely scope for an increase if he gets an England call (which is deserved on form!)

DHeagle 06-01-2019 11:12 AM

Made it a new year resolution to sort my portfolio and get it together on FI - having so much more fun now. Lost interest as my profits started plummeting but I was stubborn/kept faith in my decisions. Finally decided to do something about it.

Have swept up a range of players between 1 and 3 and things are starting to look a lot better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 14497436)
Do you take the upsides when they've got big increases or do you ride it out? Its a difficult one for me.

Cuirrently have 40 futures in Callum Wilson. He's gone up 1.04 per share since I got him, but worried he'll then crash. But at current price of 2.96 a share theres definitely scope for an increase if he gets an England call (which is deserved on form!)

Did you cash out on Wilson? There's a lot of interest in him because of the Chelsea links, and he's obviously scored a few goals this season.

A couple of under-the-radar players for you that I've picked up - Marcus Thuram (son of Lilian) and Tyler Adams. Thuram is 21 and scoring goals for a team rock bottom of Ligue 1, he will move in the summer when they go down I believe. Currently 2.02, room to go up given G&A divs and the hype around U21 talents. Adams is an American CM who has just moved to RB Leipzig, only 1.34 currently. At a team known for blooding young players, he'll get opportunities like Lookman did last year. Injuries to Forsberg, Kampl and Ilsanker mean that could be sooner than later!

laboxers 07-01-2019 11:30 AM

Yeah I did in the end. Bought at 1.93 a share and sold around the 3 mark. So made a reasonably tidy profit there. He's increased now again now, but there was a big drop. So I'm happy enough.

I bought a few Rashfords just before Jose left and he's been sky rocketing ever since. The other decent purchase I made was Nicolo Zaniolo who I bought just before he started against Real.

Thinking of pumping a little more in ahead of the share split, so Thuram could be a decent buy.

DHeagle 08-01-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 14580483)
Yeah I did in the end. Bought at 1.93 a share and sold around the 3 mark. So made a reasonably tidy profit there. He's increased now again now, but there was a big drop. So I'm happy enough.

I bought a few Rashfords just before Jose left and he's been sky rocketing ever since. The other decent purchase I made was Nicolo Zaniolo who I bought just before he started against Real.

Thinking of pumping a little more in ahead of the share split, so Thuram could be a decent buy.

Had been hearing about Zaniolo repeatedly on podcasts and wish I'd acted on it rather than just ignoring my constantly falling portfolio!

Currently staring in bewilderment at this CHO run, he's played five professional games and is near the top 10 most expensive on the index, it's getting silly.

Having deposited the weekend just gone I'm tempted to add more over the next couple of weeks, it's looking more and more tempting.

aj4england 08-01-2019 02:05 PM

Whats happened to Hennesseys share price out of interest over last few days.

Andy08 08-01-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14582794)
Whats happened to Hennesseys share price out of interest over last few days.

He's pretty much (+3p) at his IPO price of 41p anyway. Price retreated from 65p when Guiata emerged from the thicket.

Glad to see there are other eagles on this platform. I've been on since September 2017 and am nearing 100% ROI. Recommend 'try January' offer for anyone that hasn't heard of it before. DO research and learn rules are a must!

aj4england 08-01-2019 03:06 PM

I havent got involved as yet, though intrigued by the index

laboxers 08-01-2019 04:12 PM

One of us would be able to give you a sign-up code which gets us both a tenner free if anyone does fancy signing up.

Saw Martin Kelly trending on the main page today!!

It might be due to the risk free January offer, but my portfolio is rocketing atm.

DAWSYEAGLE 08-01-2019 04:24 PM

Bought 50 AWB at 50p. He is doing great the moment with the constant stream of stats from Europe!

DHeagle 08-01-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 14583046)
One of us would be able to give you a sign-up code which gets us both a tenner free if anyone does fancy signing up.

Saw Martin Kelly trending on the main page today!!

It might be due to the risk free January offer, but my portfolio is rocketing atm.

Still not been able to work out why Kelly is trending...

I wouldn't say mine is rocketing, but I've been sniffing around for some value so am looking forward to PB games returning in full force. All this cup nonsense is doing my head in!

I've told a few mates about FI and the risk-free offer but they don't seem to have any interest and I can't understand why. One told me he "doesn't know anything about football", yet puts accas on weekly...

KevTheOptimist 11-01-2019 04:56 PM

I'm being lazy and so feel free to tell me to go read up on it, but just very briefly, everyone seems to either be doing well or only losing a bit, so how are people making money out of hosting the site?

Is it purely due to the bid offer spread? Is there investment charges? Or are they simply making money because of all the money they have sitting in their account which people hold notional shares ?

davematt 14-01-2019 09:36 AM

I started on Thursday.

Its a slow burner but already seeing steady profit growth on my portfolio which is still quite small in comparison.

I'm going down the invest in young players with potential route, so seeing it more of a long term investment.

DHeagle 14-01-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevTheOptimist (Post 14588472)
I'm being lazy and so feel free to tell me to go read up on it, but just very briefly, everyone seems to either be doing well or only losing a bit, so how are people making money out of hosting the site?

Is it purely due to the bid offer spread? Is there investment charges? Or are they simply making money because of all the money they have sitting in their account which people hold notional shares ?

People deposit and buy players, every 100 shares that are bought in a player in excess of those being sold see the player's price rise by 1%. Football Index pay dividends for performance and media 'buzz' from the deposits.

In addition, FI takes a 2% commission on any player sale. FI is essentially the market maker, so when you sell, you can either sell to the market, and the website tries to match your sale at a specified price with anyone buying, or you can use the instant sell function to sell directly back to FI, but the trader takes a bit of a hit there.

As long as people trade, the company will make money because of the commissions. There is a lot of potential for growth given the user-base is still fairly small and there's likely a large gambling community that hasn't yet heard about it.

Edit: worth bearing in mind, you mostly won't hear about the people who don't do well... I saw a spike in my profits at one point and as they began to drop away a bit I buried my head in the sand and just ignored the entire thing!

dan27 14-01-2019 06:25 PM

Pogba is still a MB magnet and has made me 30 in dividends alone without me having to do anything. Made about 40 on Sancho when he had all the England hype and have taken quite a while to do anything with it. Decided today to get into Isco. Not getting a game at Madrid and if he leaves it will be to a big Prem club or PSG I think. Certainly be some buzz about him in the coming transfer windows if he remains out of favour - if he doesn't then I will have a key player in a Madrid side that is about to have a bit of a makeover.

Lots of my early punts have been down but only by a bit for a while so I'm waiting for them to pick up (due to a single match for example) before getting rid as they have been burdens. Eriksen is a prime example, bought him quite high and he slumped for a long time but not by loads and he was always likely to come back around - he's on my sell list now as he has a 50p rise and I just want rid now! David Silva and Naby Keita need to come back around now please!

Coutinho is interesting as he is hugely out of favour but being linked with big English clubs and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at United/Chelsea/Liverpool before long. He slumped from my buy price of 4.90 to about 3.20 for a bit but is now back at 4.65 and starting to think my patience could pay off.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.