CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Betting (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Football Index (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276104)

davematt 15-01-2019 10:19 AM

I picked up 10+ futures in Vinicius Junior when he was about £7.44 last week (he was even cheaper earlier in the week); he has continued to spike and is now at the £8.37 mark.

He is now starting for Real Madrid and his stock is expected to continue to rise. I'm hoping I start to see some decent profit from my investment, especially once the CL comes around.

If he starts scoring some goals, he'll be £9.00+ in no time.

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:20 AM

I'm trying to find AWB, but I can't see him... Is he not on there?

dan27 15-01-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14594837)
I'm trying to find AWB, but I can't see him... Is he not on there?

He should on the “the squad” or whatever it’s called.

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:23 AM

Yep, tried that but I can't find him?!

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:25 AM

Scrap that - he's in the top 200 :)

davematt 15-01-2019 10:43 AM

I got a few in AWB; I'll probably invest more in him once we get closer to the summer, as I expect his stock to rise as I'd imagine their will be significant interest from at least three of the top six clubs in him once we get to the summer window...

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt (Post 14594885)
I got a few in AWB; I'll probably invest more in him once we get closer to the summer, as I expect his stock to rise as I'd imagine their will be significant interest from at least three of the top six clubs in him once we get to the summer window...

I was watching him the other day, and it just dawned on me how ridiculously good he is for his age. He's not even been playing professional for a year, yet looks completely comfortable at the top level.

A month or two ago I saw he was linked with Everton, and I thought it would be a good move for him as he could learn from Coleman but also take his place quite easily given time. Now, I reckon much bigger fish than Everton will come after him in the Summer.

davematt 15-01-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14594894)
I was watching him the other day, and it just dawned on me how ridiculously good he is for his age. He's not even been playing professional for a year, yet looks completely comfortable at the top level.

A month or two ago I saw he was linked with Everton, and I thought it would be a good move for him as he could learn from Coleman but also take his place quite easily given time. Now, I reckon much bigger fish than Everton will come after him in the Summer.

With the season Walker is having at City, I can see him making it onto Pep's summer wish list. I'd like to think we'll get another year out of him but it would be very hard to turn down £40m+ for a FB (and I think he's in that price category given the potential).

laboxers 15-01-2019 01:27 PM

Don't forget the goal, assist and clean sheet bonus as well for dividends, but only in the first 30 days of owning the future.

Rashford is heading to be the next £10 player. Wish I'd have bought more shares in him now

Vicmo 15-01-2019 04:28 PM

I'm just dipping my toe in the water on this, I've got some AWB futures which are doing okay and some Morata ones which aren't (I'm playing the long game hoping he gets a new club). Anybody have any tips?

cpfc4evandeva 15-01-2019 04:31 PM

Anyone know why there's a 30 day limit on the in-play dividends? Is it just a way to encourage more selling, which of course costs the 2% commission?

laboxers 16-01-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14595702)
Anyone know why there's a 30 day limit on the in-play dividends? Is it just a way to encourage more selling, which of course costs the 2% commission?

I think so. The dividends, especially for keepers, are probably not worthwhile chasing once you've paid the 2% commission. Maybe slightly different for the strikers, as they arent limited to just 2p a game for in-play dividends.

With regards to tips, I've picked up a few Amadou Haidara (currently (£1.84 a share) and Tyler Adams (£1.37 a share) futures. Both just moved to Leipzig from other Red Bull teams, and sene a 10p increase on Haidara already. Was a punt on Marcus Thuram above, and think Ive missed the boat on him a little bit, but might still be some value there.

Andy08 17-01-2019 02:43 PM

Share split in Q1 should see a significant influx of liquidity. I've hedged by keeping players from lower, mid and top end of market.

On the note of AWB price - think he's at about £2.85 now which is huge for a defender at a club like Palace. I guess it's all about future dividends and if he gets a big move to a top 4 club then this will improve his PB scores no end (with the likely addition of imperative G&A's).

cpfc4evandeva 17-01-2019 07:31 PM

AWB now at 3.19. I got him the other day for 2.70 :lux:

davematt 18-01-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14599238)
AWB now at 3.19. I got him the other day for 2.70 :lux:

I got him at £2.65 :lux:

Andy08 18-01-2019 10:58 AM

Nice one! Selling or holding? Using TAA as a benchmark, would have thought he's nearing his current price ceiling. Saying that, there has been some absurd movements in the market of late.

davematt 18-01-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy08 (Post 14599988)
Nice one! Selling or holding? Using TAA as a benchmark, would have thought he's nearing his current price ceiling. Saying that, there has been some absurd movements in the market of late.

Defo worth waiting till the summer.

The amount of transfer speculation will see him rise a tad more you'd reckon...

cpfc4evandeva 18-01-2019 11:20 AM

In my huge experience on this game (4 days), it seems to me that buying up and coming players like AWB is the way to go. Then you just hope that they get linked to bastard clubs like Man Utd :hmph:

davematt 18-01-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 14600023)
In my huge experience on this game (4 days), it seems to me that buying up and coming players like AWB is the way to go. Then you just hope that they get linked to bastard clubs like Man Utd :hmph:

I'm just over a week into it.

I'm so far seeing a nice 8% profit on my investment.

As you've said, I'm going down the investing in up and coming players route (that are playing first team football already).

Players like AWB, V. Junior, Justin Kluivert, Patrick Cutrone and Ademola Lookman. All making small but steady profits.

DAWSYEAGLE 18-01-2019 12:19 PM

Wilf looking like decent value at the moment if you believe his form will get better!