CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Next 6 Games (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=280055)

Kai 29-10-2019 09:38 AM

This year it looks much tighter all around. No Huddersfield or Fulham as of now. If we can scrape another couple of points off the next three games we should be pleased. A few defeats and we may well find ourselves in 15th or so.

palace_burger 29-10-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14957572)
Wankers are up to 7th? That's a pity.

Ironically better than spurs , thatís with all the rumours of swapping managers

Scrap through these tricky fixtures and I expect us to tumble league position as it so tight... but then win a few of the easy fixtures and we will rise like Utd have done

stevek 29-10-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palace_burger (Post 14958792)
Ironically better than spurs , thatís with all the rumours of swapping managers

Scrap through these tricky fixtures and I expect us to tumble league position as it so tight... but then win a few of the easy fixtures and we will rise like Utd have done

So you expect us to lose the difficult fixtures and then win the easy ones? Are you sure you follow Palace ;)

GreatGonzo 29-10-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 14958779)
This year it looks much tighter all around. No Huddersfield or Fulham as of now. If we can scrape another couple of points off the next three games we should be pleased. A few defeats and we may well find ourselves in 15th or so.

That usually makes the number of points needed for safety lower! When you have a Huddersfield and/or Fulham the 3rd spot usually has a decent number of points. More teams in the mix sharing the points drives that down.

brighton_eagle 29-10-2019 10:23 AM

Still feeling good about my amended prediction of 8 points. 4 so far. I can see a win and a draw in the next 3 matches.

GreatGonzo 29-10-2019 10:25 AM

Half way through and we have already met or exceeded the expectations of 45% of those who voted.

Every chance that we could lose all of the next 3 (and i said that about all 6) but they are all valuable points we are getting.

Heard an interesting phrase the other day, 'goals win games but defences win championships', need to try and keep it tight at the back and anything is possible in these matches.

Will be interesting facing Leicester with them on the back of the 9-0.

hdeagle 29-10-2019 11:05 AM

Leicester will be playing against one of the best defences in the division against a confident team in 6th place that has only lost once at home to the champions so far this season and who have just picked up a very useful point after being 2 goals down in the first 9 minutes away to a big club.

This is the complete opposite to the Southampton team that they thrashed who are yet to win at home and are bereft of confidence.

COYP

SussexRed&Blue 29-10-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14958810)
Half way through and we have already met or exceeded the expectations of 45% of those who voted.

Every chance that we could lose all of the next 3 (and i said that about all 6) but they are all valuable points we are getting.

Heard an interesting phrase the other day, 'goals win games but defences win championships', need to try and keep it tight at the back and anything is possible in these matches.

Will be interesting facing Leicester with them on the back of the 9-0.

Really Happy with the 4 points already but if we can add some more it will keep us further away from the danger zone.

Was fearful we would drop like a stone in places but things have gone better than expected.

That phrase is very true just look at Norwich scored quite a few goals but conceded a load. Good to watch but they look nailed on to go down due to their defending.

bubbs11 23-11-2019 05:05 PM

4pts

Well the BBS were right - well 22% of us.

bigend1 23-11-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14987521)
4pts

Well the BBS were right - well 22% of us.

Decent. Just disappointing after they came in the first 2 games and after that!

xmasape 23-11-2019 05:18 PM

I got no problem with 4 points from that run of games. Now we need to start picking them up over the next 6.

Thefunkymonk 23-11-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmasape (Post 14987592)
I got no problem with 4 points from that run of games. Now we need to start picking them up over the next 6.

Yep. Got to build on this performance. Best this season.. played to our actual strengths.

Big Blue Eagle 23-11-2019 05:50 PM

9 out of our next 11 fixtures are winnable (10 if Emry is still at Arsenal) - good chance to put ourselves well out of any real risk.

palace_burger 23-11-2019 06:18 PM

We need a poll for the next run of games!

CP-RJW 23-11-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14929958)
I’ll go for an optimistic 4 points. Instant losses to Man City and Liverpool. Potential draws and outside chances of wins vs the other 4. Would leave us on 15 points from 13, with a great run of 6 games coming up before the halfway mark where I’d expect 7-10 points.

:p