CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2018 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=274109)

Olympian2 15-02-2018 02:02 PM

County Cricket 2018
 
I reckon it's about time to start a thread for this coming season of county cricket.

I saw this today

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43072627

Seems a bit strange - is it really too taxing to play red and white ball? Will he become a better white ball player by not playing red ball?

He's certainly ruling himself out of any chance of Test cricket for the foreseeable future, albeit that the selectors have previously overlooked him & brought in Batty, Ansari, Dawson & Crane.

Maiden Eagle 15-02-2018 02:13 PM

Strange

Particularly as England are touring Sri Lanka in the winter. A good summer in the County C'Ship and he would have in pole position to make the tour.

Olympian2 16-02-2018 07:44 AM

An unsurprisingly, more in-depth article here

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...hite-ball-deal

gold76 16-02-2018 07:50 AM

My local mob have got Ishant Sharma, I think he'll do well.

The Sussex vs Australia game in June will be good for some bants..

Do we like the way the tests have been allocated till 2024?

Feels like a rum do for Hampshire

RazorsEdge 16-02-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 14118028)
My local mob have got Ishant Sharma, I think he'll do well.

The Sussex vs Australia game in June will be good for some bants..

Do we like the way the tests have been allocated till 2024?

Feels like a rum do for Hampshire

Ishant Sharma can blow hot and cold. But at this level and english conditions he should do well.

cappuccinoeagle 16-02-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14117265)
I reckon it's about time to start a thread for this coming season of county cricket.

I saw this today

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43072627

Seems a bit strange - is it really too taxing to play red and white ball? Will he become a better white ball player by not playing red ball?

He's certainly ruling himself out of any chance of Test cricket for the foreseeable future, albeit that the selectors have previously overlooked him & brought in Batty, Ansari, Dawson & Crane.

Surely must be time for Jack Leach to get a shot

Palace Dan 16-02-2018 10:02 PM

Will wander down to the Rose Bowl a few times this season - survival a little earlier in the county championship will be nice!

Bit like watching Palace!

hedge end eagle 17-02-2018 07:24 PM

Hope the rumours are true that Hampshire have signed northeast

ANDYEAGLE 17-02-2018 07:49 PM

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/...ion-one/winner

Not sure about Surrey this year. No Kumar and with more players on international duty. Mitch Marsh in and Finch in for 20.20 only. No decent additional bowlers. Could struggle.

Sussex third Favs in league 2 with Kent 4th.

Olympian2 17-02-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 14119887)

Funny not seeing Middx in that list :p:p:p

ANDYEAGLE 17-02-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14119927)
Funny not seeing Middx in that list :p:p:p

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/...ision-2/winner

Just for you then. To be fair they should walk that league.

Olympian2 17-02-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 14119939)
https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/...ision-2/winner

Just for you then. To be fair they should walk that league.

Indeed. 2/1 seems quite generous in the circumstances.

hedge end eagle 18-02-2018 08:02 PM

So it looks like Hampshire will announce the signing of northeast at mid day tomorrow, well happy with that, just need a good overseas signing to go with it

the digger 18-02-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 14117273)
Strange

Particularly as England are touring Sri Lanka in the winter. A good summer in the County C'Ship and he would have in pole position to make the tour.

His mistreatment/management in the England test set up is reason enough to pursue the most lucrative pathway available to him.

Olympian2 18-02-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14121093)
His mistreatment/management in the England test set up is reason enough to pursue the most lucrative pathway available to him.

Yeah, I suspect you might be right. Test cricket losing out again.

RobertCPFC 19-02-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge end eagle (Post 14121037)
So it looks like Hampshire will announce the signing of northeast at mid day tomorrow, well happy with that, just need a good overseas signing to go with it

Confirmed and likely to become four day captain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43104848

Olympian2 02-03-2018 01:28 PM

Thoughts from Jimmy Anderson on Rashid & Hales deciding not to play CC cricket this season

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43248504

ebyeeckeagle 02-03-2018 01:41 PM

Not so much for this season (it would be in 2 years time), but the Counties have more or less agreed the proposal for a 3 conference county structure with no relegation/promotion. Likely to go to the ECB this month (Times + Guardian reports), who are against it but may not block it per se.

luckyoldgladys 07-04-2018 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing is going to stop the Worcestershire team photo.http://www.cpfc.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1523098273

Olympian2 10-04-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyoldgladys (Post 14196664)
Nothing is going to stop the Worcestershire team photo.http://www.cpfc.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1523098273

Year after year after year at New Road.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.