CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Max Meyer (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276203)

TWELLSEagle 31-08-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceRichard (Post 14902143)
Agree itís a wider debate about what suits the players we have, especially at home. We wonít see the best of Meyer on 4-4-2. Loftus-Cheek was a much stronger player physically and could play wide in that formation. Two holding players and 3 behind the striker that previous managers played would suit these players better against non top 6 at home. By all means against top 6 especially away stick to 4-4-2 as we have proved it works.

What is also proven is that 4-4-2 at home to lower teams doesnít work, and for a couple of years now.

Exactly. We can all see it, the boardroom can probably see it, but Roy canít, or refuses to budge because all he can coach is 442?

TWELLSEagle 31-08-2019 12:31 PM

And I’m not a Roy basher, I like him but there’s no denying he’s rigid and it’s hindering our ability to get the best out of a handful of pretty talented players. If Meyer ends up leaving and fulfilling his potential elsewhere I will be livid

LuieJack 31-08-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 14902157)
And Iím not a Roy basher, I like him but thereís no denying heís rigid and itís hindering our ability to get the best out of a handful of pretty talented players. If Meyer ends up leaving and fulfilling his potential elsewhere I will be livid

He plays to a system that best suits Palace and one that gets results with what he has at his disposal which is limited especially upfront, if on the other hand we had players that could finish off chances then we could quite easily be a Top Ten outfit. The reality is in his Two seasons we have finished a very credible 11th and 12th and currently sit FOURTH:supergrin: how could that be so bad for little old Palace? seriously though we all would love to see us play a more expansive game including Roy i am sure.
As for Meyer who i am a big fan off and someone i would love to see come good with us but is clearly not suited to our style of play, maybe if we played with a Solid Four midfield without wide players and focus on a more fluid game it would suit his "touch and move" style better, but currently i agree with RH that he is a luxury that does not suit our more robust game.

scro 01-09-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 14901518)
All subjective of course but he was our joint-best player against Everton, then was poor against Sheff Utd (as was everyone) and didn't play against Man Utd.

Not that much evidence to go on really is there, except he enjoyed a very good pre-season.

Rubbish against Berlin and Colchester and ineffective in his debut season. Enough evidence I would suggest.

steve hail 01-09-2019 12:14 AM

Some of the critics on here can be found among the critics on the Jordan Ayew thread. Patience is a virtue.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-09-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 14901837)
BBS in July: Max has had a decent pre-season - it could well be an exciting year for him.

BBS in August: Actually, heís rubbish. Get rid.

Kept saying that people shouldn't read too much from pre-season performances against lower level sides. Once we played Hertha he struggled along with the whole team.

That said, I certainly don't think he's rubbish and could be a real asset from the bench (he doesn't deserve to start games at the moment). It will be interesting to see if Camarasa forces his away ahead of Max in the pecking order, if so then it may raise some questions about his future at the club.

Sir.S.C Remembered 01-09-2019 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14903711)
Kept saying that people shouldn't read too much from pre-season performances against lower level sides. Once we played Hertha he struggled along with the whole team.

That said, I certainly don't think he's rubbish and could be a real asset from the bench (he doesn't deserve to start games at the moment). It will be interesting to see if Camarasa forces his away ahead of Max in the pecking order, if so then it may raise some questions about his future at the club.

Everyone was saying he was good pre season, but I swear it was only that Bristol game

costello 04-09-2019 09:10 PM

Quick question. Anyone know how much weíre paying Max? Iíve heard £80-90k per week and £120k from separate sources.

mikeb 04-09-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered (Post 14903758)
Everyone was saying he was good pre season, but I swear it was only that Bristol game

If he'd had more movement in front of him his passes would go forward he is a good player but our players are to static to make him effective

AJ 04-09-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14903711)

Only 4 games in, I would say a little too early to predict what season he will have although so far he looks the same as last season.

Billy Rhino 05-09-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costello (Post 14907626)
Quick question. Anyone know how much weíre paying Max? Iíve heard £80-90k per week and £120k from separate sources.

Apparently it's both, £85k/week basic rising to £125k with appearances etc.

To be fair every player will have some form of bonus addition on top of their basic salary, hence its difficult to ever really know their true salaries. They will also get annual increases, hence if Benteke was really on £120k/week when he joined then he would likely be on £130k/week by now, and the same with all players.

costello 05-09-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14907783)
Apparently it's both, £85k/week basic rising to £125k with appearances etc.

To be fair every player will have some form of bonus addition on top of their basic salary, hence its difficult to ever really know their true salaries. They will also get annual increases, hence if Benteke was really on £120k/week when he joined then he would likely be on £130k/week by now, and the same with all players.

Many thanks for the info.

cockles 21-09-2019 11:27 AM

I think they need to get Meyer out on loan in January, and save the wages.
If he could not be played this season on the back of a good pre-season, then he's just not a tactical fit for CPFC now nor for the forseeable future. Just because he's not value to us, does not mean he is not value to someone - but he needs to be able to show it.

Somewhere like Bournemouth would fit him well imo. Otherwise the European leagues.
Unlike some people, I doubt he would be against going out on loan to better his career.

Not his really fault, but a shocking misallocation of limited resources in signing him, we just don't play they way he needs to, and he's not adaptable - clearly. Some real idiots work in football.

gold76 22-09-2019 12:34 PM

I honestly thought, this would be his season, still might..

But he currently appears a misfit

A parting of the ways in the summer possible

mjw 22-09-2019 01:25 PM

4 corners for them now

Thefunkymonk 22-09-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 14922294)

Misfit? More like misused

Malarkey 22-09-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 14922294)

We don't do players like him and Camarasa.

mjw 22-09-2019 02:14 PM

Townsend for Schlupp

mjw 22-09-2019 02:22 PM

Hodgson time for a change

mjw 22-09-2019 02:27 PM

If we win today it will be 25% of points required to stay in PL out of 6 games