CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Suggestion: Ryan Sessengong (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278614)

DaveP 02-04-2019 08:40 PM

Ryan Sessengong

Surely the kind of player we need to be looking at now, could provide some strong competition in the left back area for Van Aanholt and having been relegated with Fulham woukd surely be a great opportunity to look at him.

JAS78 02-04-2019 08:49 PM

Spurs linked last summer £30M, they’d probably take their arm off for that now

Has he had a good season? been ineffective from what I’ve seen, hard to judge

Nostrils 02-04-2019 08:49 PM

I've been thinking the same myself Dave. He's not had the season that was expected of him, but he had a lot weight if expectation on his shoulders - that Moose pillock reckoned he was worth £100m before he'd even kicked a PL ball.

Still got bags of potential, and I reckon this tough season could give him a bit more determination in the rest of his career. He'd be a great signing for us at the right price.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-04-2019 08:54 PM

Sessengong? Thats a bit rank.

HRS 02-04-2019 08:56 PM

18 months left on his contract so would expect there’s a deal to be struck with Fulham in the summer. Personally I would expect him to go to a big club who can afford the probably relatively large fee Fulham will want for him and not necessarily need him to come straight into the first eleven.

spt1978 02-04-2019 08:59 PM

Will be a high fee for an unproven player.

Shipp Ahoy! 02-04-2019 09:01 PM

Would depend on how realistic Fulham are.

Be surprised to see a big team want him now as he hasn't done it this season at all, couldn't even make the team at times

Would like us to take a chance on him though so if Fulham take somewhere in the £15-£20million zone worth a go!

Shipp Ahoy! 02-04-2019 09:02 PM

Would depend on how realistic Fulham are.

Be surprised to see a big team want him now as he hasn't done it this season at all, couldn't even make the team at times

Would like us to take a chance on him though so if Fulham take somewhere in the £15-£20million zone worth a go!

Optimistic Kev 02-04-2019 09:59 PM

Not had the break through season many thought he would have. That said I would expect the bidding to start at £30m to £40m as a minimum!

Ridiculous but thatís todayís market. Especially as heís English also and clubs need to up their quota.

st albans 02-04-2019 10:00 PM

No thanks. Not for the sort of money they'll want. An in form pva is a top left back. Other areas require work

Frisky 02-04-2019 10:17 PM

I think a club our size has to overweight spending on forward/creative players. I think it’s easier to find value in defenders. If we have that kind of money we should spend it on Mirtrovic. Still only 24.

Yoda 02-04-2019 10:30 PM

He’s still 18!

I reckon his price will be v high not just because of Fulham’s demands but because several clubs will be interested. This will result in an auction which I can’t see us winning.

Mitrovic seems more achievable for us, plus he plays in a position that will have greater priority for us if we do a mini clearout this summer.

Shipp Ahoy! 02-04-2019 11:01 PM

I'm not sure how many clubs will be that interested of the price is big to be honest though. How can you demand top whack for a player who was barely getting game time in a team that were relegated with a whimper and guessing are something like the 3rd earliest to ever be relegated (based on Hudds being 2nd only 3 days ago).

Add in the fact he only has a year or so left on his new contract and that he has clearly shown he has no interest in a new deal. Especially now the compensation for young players is absolutely fecked thanks to EPPP (does this apply to this one?)

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 02-04-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frisky (Post 14712146)
I think a club our size has to overweight spending on forward/creative players. I think itís easier to find value in defenders. If we have that kind of money we should spend it on Mirtrovic. Still only 24.

Is the right answer. We'll never get the guy for less than stellar money which should go to a ST + AM. Even another CB is a greater priority right now.

CP-RJW 03-04-2019 01:22 AM

Too expensive, but hasn’t had a bad season at all for an 18 year old, a pretty good one in fact. Just hasn’t lived up to the ridiculous hype. 2 goals and 6 assists or something in limited minutes.

Chris Finch 03-04-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frisky (Post 14712146)
I think a club our size has to overweight spending on forward/creative players. I think itís easier to find value in defenders. If we have that kind of money we should spend it on Mirtrovic. Still only 24.

Good buddies with Luka, I would welcome such an industrious goal scorer with open arms.

LuieJack 03-04-2019 09:01 AM

No doubt he is an exciting young improving talent but as yet far from being a finished article, but as a 19 yr old with time on his side will be in demand by the clubs who can afford to pay around 30m and give him the time to develop.
Unfortunately being realistic it rules Palace out.

MFBias 03-04-2019 09:09 AM

Takes two seconds to search someones name.

stevek 03-04-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14712185)
Too expensive, but hasn’t had a bad season at all for an 18 year old, a pretty good one in fact. Just hasn’t lived up to the ridiculous hype. 2 goals and 6 assists or something in limited minutes.

Fair analysis, although the fact he's only had limited minutes for such a poor side must say something.

To be fair, I'd like to have him at Palace, but probably not for the likely price.

BillyTKid 03-04-2019 04:28 PM

One to move on if we get an offer we can’t refuse on Wilf.