CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Sir.S.C Remembered 13-07-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Percy Dalton (Post 14800041)
Max Myer has been very good addition to the squad and will blossom in the coming season.

Its a simple fact that to establish ourselves as long term members of the premier league we have had to lean towards experienced players to achieve our long term aims. However as time progresses we can take a few more chances not only on young players coming to the club, but academy players stepping up as well. IMHO the club has gone about the last 6 seasons very well overall.

Max has stolen a living so far. Done nothing. If he was a youngster after that season he would have been written off a long time ago. I hope he comes good, but hes miles from blossoming so far.

Harry Holmesdale 13-07-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered (Post 14821644)
Max has stolen a living so far. Done nothing. If he was a youngster after that season he would have been written off a long time ago. I hope he comes good, but hes miles from blossoming so far.

No.. Johnny Williams stole a living as a Palace player cos he was a nice bloke and showed promise at 19

TennesseeKing 13-07-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Dear oh dear.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 13-07-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Ridiculous post.

chateauferret 13-07-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Complete and utter bollocks.

Thefunkymonk 13-07-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

You need to stop drinking mate

Nigel_Scarfer 13-07-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Is this the sort of bollocks one could expect to hear on your "critical and thinking podcast"?

dan27 13-07-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Incredible take!

chrisophiex 14-07-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer (Post 14821729)
Is this the sort of bollocks one could expect to hear on your "critical and thinking podcast"?

:D

kolinkins 15-07-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Given your view of Wilf a couple of years ago, this is a great sign.

Big Blue Eagle 15-07-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer (Post 14821729)

Must be a world of wonderful insights on there.....

jaspercpfc 15-07-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Farcical post Steffan

Latvian Eagle 15-07-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaspercpfc (Post 14823207)
Farcical post Steffan

I remember when Stef was a young upbeat poster. :D

ebyeeckeagle 15-07-2019 10:02 AM

The BBS united for once!

About a player on the wrong thread, which is par for the course of course.

west country boy 15-07-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14823212)
I remember when Stef was a young upbeat poster. :D

And doing racisms.

kolinkins 15-07-2019 10:44 AM

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=463

Gollum 02-09-2019 09:35 AM

Loan deal to German Bundesliga team Paderborn being suggested.

glaziers fan 02-09-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 14823258)

That's a really ***** thing to do.

I know I could embarrass you on a lot of the things you wrote about individual players back in the day, but choose not to. (You could probably do the same to me with my outlandish suggestions for team tactics!) The point is Steffan is one of us: he's been posting on the BBS for a long time, and is entitled to his opinion.

And also, whilst I don't agree with his post, Max Meyer is the BBS darling because he is technically gifted - we don't have many of those in the midfield! - and the purists like to see that at their club. But if we are all being brutally honest, it hasn't worked for Meyer yet, he's not a starter under Hodgson who sees the player week in week out in training and his wages are high. He is also unlikely to be a first XI starter for a while. That said we didn't pay such a big transfer fee as we did for the likes of Riedewald and Sorloth and there have been some green shoots in the last 6 months or so. The jury are definitely still deliberating. Hopefully with the switch to 4-3-3 his performances will improve, but we don't know and if they don't it may be best for all concerned that he moves on in the summer.

Edit: only just realised that post on Meyer was from July. How things change so quickly! Original point remains though.

glaziers fan 02-09-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14904962)
Loan deal to German Bundesliga team Paderborn being suggested.

Good to get this thread back on track!

Let's hope so, he's not in Roy's plans. Just wish we could sell him permanently.

mushroom 02-09-2019 09:57 AM

Opinions on players will change as their performances/form change. Ive got no problem with people voicing their opinions... as long as they do without being insulting. I thought Delaney was gonna be a disaster when we got promoted. I couldnt have been more wrong. I was certain David Whyte would play for England. If posters are gonna be continually reminded of the ones they got wrong... no-one will post.