CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Timothy Castagne (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279220)

GreatGonzo 06-07-2019 09:14 AM

Apparently he didn't play a single game last season at LB or RB.

Most games was as a left midfielder, some as a wing back on either side.

glaziers fan 06-07-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14813490)

Yeah, I was just looking at that. Don't know much about him, but could he be our new right sided Jeffrey Schlupp? Might we play Ward right back and Castagne right midfield? Solid for Hodgson's 4-4-2!

chateauferret 06-07-2019 09:25 AM

If that's true then this is decent business.

LuieJack 06-07-2019 09:25 AM

Do people making these statements about wanting this guy, have they actually seen him play? is he better and would he be an upgrade of Ward? or is it merely the fact of simply signing a player regardless.
I accept when signing any player it is a gamble, but when you pay in excess of £20m along with high wages for someone like CPFC is risky to say the least, i would rather we bring in a young player that has had premiership experience like Dalot, OR the lad from Fulham the one who came from Bristol City and done really well in a struggling defence and either would possibly cost half the fee.

thereichstuff 06-07-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14813505)
Do people making these statements about wanting this guy, have they actually seen him play? is he better and would he be an upgrade of Ward? or is it merely the fact of simply signing a player regardless.
I accept when signing any player it is a gamble, but when you pay in excess of £20m along with high wages for someone like CPFC is risky to say the least, i would rather we bring in a young player that has had premiership experience like Dalot, OR the lad from Fulham the one who came from Bristol City and done really well in a struggling defence and either would possibly cost half the fee.

Iíd say the club has seen him play and think heís the best a available in our market .

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 06-07-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14813490)

Versatility is a pro for me.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 06-07-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Just said I haven't seen him play but, yes, I like the sound of him so would be pleased if we sign him.

And Joe Bryan is very much a left back.

GreatGonzo 06-07-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14813499)
Yeah, I was just looking at that. Don't know much about him, but could he be our new right sided Jeffrey Schlupp? Might we play Ward right back and Castagne right midfield? Solid for Hodgson's 4-4-2!

You would think Townsend would keep his place on the right hand side. Played most of his games last season at LM, but that is where Max as been coming through, and we have Schluup who can play there too.

swissroll 06-07-2019 09:33 AM

Only 23 so if heís decent itís good business

GB2506 06-07-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Watched Atalanta play several times last season and Castagne is a very good player. He is hugely versatile, fantastic engine and decent on the ball. He would be TAA/Trippier type of full back, lots of overlapping. Much like what PvA does on the left but Castagne can also defend.

He would be a huge upgrade on Ward, who for me is a solid squad player to have.

Castagne’s natural position is RB but he actually didn’t play there last season because Atalanta play a 3-5-2/3-4-3. He spent most of the season at LWB as the Dutch international Hans Hatabour played RWB. He scored some important goals, including one against Juve in the Copa Italia 3-0 win. Atalanta have one of the smallest budgets in Italy and it’s an absolute miracle they broke into the top 3.

Give me this signing over a 28 year old Nathaniel Clyne every day of the week. If it’s €20million (£18million) upfront plus add ons I would say that’s very good business. His wages would be less than clyne as wel.

Also Joe Bryan who you are suggesting is a LB.

JAS78 06-07-2019 09:48 AM

He also chipped in with some goals which would be nice, not a strong point with AWB though I know he was still learning and his main job was at the other end.

GreatGonzo 06-07-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 14813532)
He also chipped in with some goals which would be nice, not a strong point with AWB though I know he was still learning and his main job was at the other end.

Not sure he will chip in with as many playing RB though. Question is how good his delivery into the box would be.

Worksop Palace 06-07-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

I havenít seen him kick a ball so no idea if heís any good or not. I suppose one would assume heís half decent if heís just had a season playing for a team in Seria A that qualified for the CL.

With regard to those other players you mention, how much do you think we would have to pay for them. Would t be much short of the apparent £20m weíre potentially paying for TC. Didnít a Bristol City CB just go to a PL side (Bmouth ?)
for about £14m ?

Jim Cannon 06-07-2019 09:58 AM

If we sign him, he has to be known as Tim

Worksop Palace 06-07-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 14813550)
If we sign him, he has to be known as Tim

Nah, gotta be TC :p

HOL_Beagle 06-07-2019 10:23 AM

I think 'Agnes' would be good.

'Have a dig, Agnes, me ol' son' seems to roll off the tongue ok.

Plus, its a bit of a nod to show we're down with the gender-fluidity malarky.

Malarkey 06-07-2019 10:27 AM

Susan

EagleSE24 06-07-2019 10:44 AM

Palace121 06-07-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 14813590)

For a highlights reel, thatís very uninspiring.

Hazbaz 06-07-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14813560)
Nah, gotta be TC :p

Does this mean his song will be to the tune of the top cat theme:D