CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Timothy Castagne (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279220)

PauLo 06-07-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14813538)
Not sure he will chip in with as many playing RB though. Question is how good his delivery into the box would be.

PVA did and this guy strikes me as someone more like him than AWB.

MonsterMunch 06-07-2019 11:56 AM

Er yeah. Are these supposed to be his best bits..

GRAND UNION 06-07-2019 12:26 PM

He looks very ordinary in that video :frown:

Dedders 06-07-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND UNION (Post 14813650)

Oh no he doesnít

Ardent Eagle Forever 06-07-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 14813598)
Does this mean his song will be to the tune of the top cat theme:D

He's the leader of the gang

LuieJack 06-07-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 14813521)
Watched Atalanta play several times last season and Castagne is a very good player. He is hugely versatile, fantastic engine and decent on the ball. He would be TAA/Trippier type of full back, lots of overlapping. Much like what PvA does on the left but Castagne can also defend.

He would be a huge upgrade on Ward, who for me is a solid squad player to have.

Castagneís natural position is RB but he actually didnít play there last season because Atalanta play a 3-5-2/3-4-3. He spent most of the season at LWB as the Dutch international Hans Hatabour played RWB. He scored some important goals, including one against Juve in the Copa Italia 3-0 win. Atalanta have one of the smallest budgets in Italy and itís an absolute miracle they broke into the top 3.

Give me this signing over a 28 year old Nathaniel Clyne every day of the week. If itís Ä20million (£18million) upfront plus add ons I would say thatís very good business. His wages would be less than clyne as wel.

Also Joe Bryan who you are suggesting is a LB.

I concede to your greater knowledge of the player, and if he is half as good as the player you promote then we are in for a treat.:)
But i have to say and this is my only knowledge of him, watching that video of him the impression i get is he seems very much an attacking player which is where his strengths seem to lay, but as you rightly say it was the system Atalanta played, will Palace is the question?
Defensively i feel he will be put to the task in the premiership as he loves "wandering" upfield, can we afford another PVA? i would say if Palace were playing with a Back Three then they would make excellent Wing Backs.
Just wonder if Roy sees going with a Back Three of ....Ward..Tomkins..Sakho with Castagne and PVA ahead of them? interesting change of playing style especially if Zaha moves on.

P.S
As for Joe Bryan i realised after posting he was a LB.

Direwolf 06-07-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 14813420)
Would he be first choice right back?

Probably not because it takes Roy half a season or an injury to change players.

Palace Kebab 06-07-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterMunch (Post 14813638)
Er yeah. Are these supposed to be his best bits..

Looks like his touches and contributions in a single game as opposed to a normal highlights reel

DARZET EAGLE 06-07-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14813505)
Do people making these statements about wanting this guy, have they actually seen him play? is he better and would he be an upgrade of Ward? or is it merely the fact of simply signing a player regardless.
I accept when signing any player it is a gamble, but when you pay in excess of £20m along with high wages for someone like CPFC is risky to say the least, i would rather we bring in a young player that has had premiership experience like Dalot, OR the lad from Fulham the one who came from Bristol City and done really well in a struggling defence and either would possibly cost half the fee.

Joe Bryan

Glɑzier 06-07-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 14813686)
I concede to your greater knowledge of the player, and if he is half as good as the player you promote then we are in for a treat.:)
But i have to say and this is my only knowledge of him, watching that video of him the impression i get is he seems very much an attacking player which is where his strengths seem to lay, but as you rightly say it was the system Atalanta played, will Palace is the question?
Defensively i feel he will be put to the task in the premiership as he loves "wandering" upfield, can we afford another PVA? i would say if Palace were playing with a Back Three then they would make excellent Wing Backs.
Just wonder if Roy sees going with a Back Three of ....Ward..Tomkins..Sakho with Castagne and PVA ahead of them? interesting change of playing style especially if Zaha moves on.

P.S
As for Joe Bryan i realised after posting he was a LB.

Good post. The video doesn't inspire, but is no substitute for seeing games. Hopefully he's better than that highlights reel.

16eagles 06-07-2019 08:34 PM

I watched atlanta play few times also Zapata, Muriel and Toloi always stood out for because of there postions and didnt know him. Easy decision Clyne would be way ahead of him for me. Proven perfect age and would give 100% for us im sure. Knows the club fits. NO risk.

Excowboy 06-07-2019 08:54 PM

Is rather us sign the kid from Derby whose name sounds like a dancehall move.

DARZET EAGLE 06-07-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14814085)
Is rather us sign the kid from Derby whose name sounds like a dancehall move.

Jayden Bogle or is it Boogie?

exiledeagle 06-07-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND UNION (Post 14813650)

That's what I thought when I saw video . You would hope that if we are paying this sort of money , we will have actually watched him and not be relying on recommendations . Still think there are decent players here to be had , Connor Roberts ,Swansea for example - no more than £10m I would imagine .

Excowboy 06-07-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 14814127)

Get practising

orp pisshead1 06-07-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 14814069)
I watched atlanta play few times also Zapata, Muriel and Toloi always stood out for because of there postions and didnt know him. Easy decision Clyne would be way ahead of him for me. Proven perfect age and would give 100% for us im sure. Knows the club fits. NO risk.

No risk :eek:
So youíre not aware that heís got a bad rep off pitch?.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 07-07-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14813542)
I havenít seen him kick a ball so no idea if heís any good or not. I suppose one would assume heís half decent if heís just had a season playing for a team in Seria A that qualified for the CL.

With regard to those other players you mention, how much do you think we would have to pay for them. Would t be much short of the apparent £20m weíre potentially paying for TC. Didnít a Bristol City CB just go to a PL side (Bmouth ?)
for about £14m ?

£13m and he is a left back. Although people at City did think he might be converted to a centre back at some point in the future.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE (Post 14814127)

BringbackShipps 07-07-2019 07:46 AM

From AtalantaNow on Twitter:

Outstanding in defense, effective going forward. Plays on the right and the left. Hardest working player I have ever seen. Love Tim.

With his versatility he sounds like a very useful player.

st albans 07-07-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14813538)
Not sure he will chip in with as many playing RB though. Question is how good his delivery into the box would be.

Cant2be much worse than AWB or ward to be fair

Worksop Palace 07-07-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 14814069)

Clyne, Ďno riskí ?

Lol