CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Excowboy 26-10-2017 09:41 AM

Interesting thread. Really hard to predict what'll happen with Jairo - could develop physically, learn the dark arts of the defensive midfielder and become the new de Jong, could equally fade into obscurity and end up going back to Holland on a free in a few years.

Suppose it depends a lot on his personality and desire. Doesn't look good at the moment but hopefully he just needs a bit more confidence and familiarity with the competitiveness of this league.

Spindle 26-10-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 13912662)
He's 21 but the point is spot on. Takes time to adapt to a new league.

I stand corrected, I thought he was 19. Still he is streets ahead of Sully Kai Kai. Don't get me wrong, I want us to produce a team of youth superstars but players like Wilf are once a generation, good players who can hack it are once every 10 years. We only had the surge of players come through a 15 years ago because we had to play so many of them in the Championship, and we spent a lot of time struggling. Mullins, Routledge, VicMo etc so they really had a chance to develop but it was definitely at our expense.

By staying up Jairo won't be leaving, and he's a junior player, I don't expect him to grip the rest of the team by the neck and drag them through a shit second half. If the others had put in the necessary effort to play as an aggressive unit I'm sure he would've too. From what I've seen I think he'll come good.

Kirby 26-10-2017 10:15 AM

He's looked awful in at least a couple of our games this season but I do think he has the raw attributes to become a good player.

Agree with others who say he could become a decent DM. I don't think he'll ever succeed as a CB in this country due to his lack of height.

the digger 26-10-2017 10:27 AM

He and TFM looked very good when they came on versus Chelsea and performed their roles perfectly. We can’t expect players this young (and inexperienced) to be the leaders that the team so badly needs. Same goes for RLC.

Green Bin 26-10-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 13912338)
He certainly doesn't look like a defender and more of a midfielder with a good pass on him.

You can't have a player who plays in central defence who can't get off the ground and head the ball!

Not sure what De Boer was thinking playing him there for the Huddersfield game. The English Premier League is a big more of a physical than playing for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie!

That was Delaney last year!

Big Fella 26-10-2017 12:26 PM

He'll be gone in January. Just a hunch but doesn't look like he's settled in and we'll need gaps in the 25.

red&blue_moomin 26-10-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache (Post 13912282)
So far in the games I've seen he has shat his pants against Huddersfield, passed it straight into touch a few times v Burnley and done a Jeff Hughes impression against Bristol Ciry.

I can just about stretch to "potential" but "class" and "outstanding technical ability" on the evidence so far is la-la-land wishful thinking to an incredible degree.

So basically against cloggers. He's been playing in the UK for 3 months he's going to take time to get used to the pace of the game in the UK plus the fact that most teams in the UK play with monster athletes who can't pass a ball for shit but will rough up the opposition and make it difficult. We should know we have a lot of them almost an entire 2nd 11 of them (it only works for so long until teams suss you out then pull your pants down on the regular) and they are to a man ******* shit.

How can you judge a young players performance when he's been playing with a useless bunch of gutless wonders? I'd be coating our senior pros some of whom have a habit of going crying to daddy when someone gives them some home truths. Four managers now and the same large bunch of players have been shite bar the 8 match run before Sakho got injured.

Surrey Eagle 26-11-2017 03:31 PM

What a waste...

Gazza2 26-11-2017 03:34 PM

Yep Palace will cash their Jairo in January

Tim 26-11-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle (Post 13959566)
What a waste...

More deadwood that we’re now stuck with. We’re desperate for a clearout of squad fillers that just aren’t going to contribute anything.

Surrey Eagle 26-11-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13959572)
More deadwood that we’re now stuck with. We’re desperate for a clearout of squad fillers that just aren’t going to contribute anything.

Just imagine how he's feeling aswell. He plays for u23s and is wasting his time. Should of stayed at Ajax.

Thefunkymonk 26-11-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Thing is he isn’t dead wood. He was one of most highly thought of young players in Europe. Issue is he’s young, prob best playing deep midelfied and we are in a scrap. Would definitely keep him.. could be ideal replacement for cabaye if he goes next season

thereichstuff 26-11-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

How is he deadwood ?

Martin H 26-11-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13959589)
Thing is he isn’t dead wood. He was one of most highly thought of young players in Europe. Issue is he’s young, prob best playing deep midelfied and we are in a scrap. Would definitely keep him.. could be ideal replacement for cabaye if he goes next season

Yeah, I am far closer to this than the other opinions. He looks like he has something about him but I have to assume that his disappearance from the front line means he isn't in contention right now. TBH I have no idea why Fosu-Mensah isn't playing either.

I don't understand why so many turn so quickly against players, especially the younger ones.

CPFC85 26-11-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13959589)

Would probably benefit from a spell on loan.

CP-RJW 26-11-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC85 (Post 13959610)
Would probably benefit from a spell on loan.

Will have to be in the championship as he needs to get used to English football. Not sure how well he’d handle the rough and tumble but if he can’t take it then he isn’t going to make it at Palace anyway.

steveholmesdale 26-11-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 13959570)
Yep Palace will cash their Jairo in January

:supergrin::supergrin:

kolinkins 26-11-2017 04:12 PM

Should be our left back

Pierre 26-11-2017 04:18 PM

The championship is rougher than the premiership when it comes to scrapping and tussling.
I don't think Riedewald is dead wood and could be a good player for us in the future but I agree he would probably benefit from a spell out on loan there with the right sort of manager and set up trying to adjust.
Being Dutch would Jaap Stam take him at Reading?

Mictor Voses 26-11-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 13959639)
Should be our left back

Eh? Schlupp was excellent yesterday and was good the two games before that.