CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

exiledeagle 26-11-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13959589)
Thing is he isn’t dead wood. He was one of most highly thought of young players in Europe. Issue is he’s young, prob best playing deep midelfied and we are in a scrap. Would definitely keep him.. could be ideal replacement for cabaye if he goes next season

I would like to see him given opportunity but it looks like RH does not think he is good enough . Not sure I agree with your comment in that he was one of the most highly thought of players in Europe though - did he struggle to get regular starts for Ajax last season ?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-11-2017 04:27 PM

Spending £9m on him yet starting our season with 2 keepers who are out of their depth at this level and 1 fit striker really emphasises what a disaster our transfer window was.

kolinkins 26-11-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mictor Voses (Post 13959649)
Eh? Schlupp was excellent yesterday and was good the two games before that.

Thatís fair.

Tim 26-11-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereichstuff (Post 13959590)
How is he deadwood ?

Whatís he contributing to our season? Therein lies your answer..

Kidofwonder 26-11-2017 04:43 PM

The powers that be at Palace didnt want JR or TFM

Celestial Empire 26-11-2017 04:46 PM

Riedewald and Fosu-Mensah will both get opportunities in the Christmas period when RH will need to rotate. Expect to see Sako reappear too.
Any sign of Darren Anderto... sorry, I mean Wickham ?? :rolleyes:

Penstone Eagle 26-11-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mictor Voses (Post 13959649)
Eh? Schlupp was excellent yesterday and was good the two games before that.

Excellent? Really?

Not aware enough of what's around him a lot of the time.

Left back position at this club is a weak one, and for too long.

CP-RJW 26-11-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 13959647)
The championship is rougher than the premiership when it comes to scrapping and tussling.

Canít send him on loan to another Prem team as he clearly isnít ready, and I donít see any other league in Europe which has a similar style to English football whilst being of a reasonable standard.

Yoda 26-11-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13959607)
Yeah, I am far closer to this than the other opinions. He looks like he has something about him but I have to assume that his disappearance from the front line means he isn't in contention right now. TBH I have no idea why Fosu-Mensah isn't playing either.

I don't understand why so many turn so quickly against players, especially the younger ones.

I thought Jairo was pretty poor in his last couple of matches, like a rabbit in the highlights for some time.

However, I agree that there were a number of extenuating circumstances during that period and Iíd certainly give the guy more time to adjust and more chances.

Itís too early to describe him as Ďdead woodí in my opinion...he could come in at Xmas and do well.

If heís still out the squad come the end of the season, sell then. Iíd only sell him in January if heís not fighting for his place or wants to return to Holland.

Tim 26-11-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13959693)
The powers that be at Palace didnt want JR or TFM

TFM looks like a talented young player to me. Jairo just looks bang average. If he goes onto be one of Europeís top players Iíll happily eat humble pie but I seriously doubt it.

CPFC85 26-11-2017 05:06 PM

'Deadwood' after 4 or 5 months......jeez :rolleyes:

eagleborn 26-11-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13959725)
TFM looks like a talented young player to me. Jairo just looks bang average. If he goes onto be one of Europeís top players Iíll happily eat humble pie but I seriously doubt it.

You don't have to be one of Europe's top players to play for Palace though. So you're setting a bit of a ridiculously high bar there.

Frisky 26-11-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 13959702)
Any sign of Darren Anderto... sorry, I mean Wickham ?? :rolleyes:

Roy was asked about him at the Stoke press conference. Good to see a reporter ask a decent question for once. Roy said there was no expected return date and reminded the reporter that the injury was a bad one (a ruptured ACL I think like Bolasie?). He did however add that the latest news was better than previous.

Mr Palace 26-11-2017 08:19 PM

We should definitely keep him. He's clearly got a lot of technical ability. But I can see why Hodgson is opting for more experienced players at the moment. I think Riedewald will come good though.

Despite this, given the gaps in our squad this summer it wasn't a wise use of limited resources.

CharlieCPFC 26-11-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 13959639)
Should be our left back

Schlupp has been alright recently but I've always thought this was a great shout. He done it for Ajax comfortably, people forget he's still very young so he will develop a lot more. He's four years younger than Zaha!

MFBias 26-11-2017 08:42 PM

Not every one is a hit in their first season, especially when you are moving country to a different type of league and the manager that signed you is sacked after 4 games, and you are in a relegation scrap.

jaspercpfc 31-12-2017 03:47 PM

Looked very comfortable. Good battling performance, and steady distribution.

BillyTKid 31-12-2017 03:50 PM

He has only just turned 21. Let that sink in. He will clearly become a very good player. If he had come through our academy everyone would be going mad for him.

Alex De Large 31-12-2017 03:52 PM

He played well today. Looked a little slow at times but his passing was pretty good.

Aki Aki Aki 31-12-2017 04:04 PM

Very good today :p