CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Bafetimbi Gomis (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256243)

mikeywm3 24-11-2014 05:40 PM

Bafetimbi Gomis
 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...g-striker.html

Sp1Eagle 24-11-2014 05:47 PM

Isn't he rumoured to be on 70K+ p/w.

whereEaglesFly 24-11-2014 05:56 PM

Must have been linked with him ever since we've been promoted. I can't see any truth in the rumours

eagles #1 24-11-2014 05:58 PM

Arsenal, Newcastle or Palace..

We should have this in the bag.

Gooders 24-11-2014 06:11 PM

Can anyone explain to me how Swansea keep managing to secure the signings of apparently very highly paid, classy players like Bony, Michu, Gomis, Sigurdsson etc. on smaller crowds than us?

New LP 24-11-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooders (Post 12085059)
Can anyone explain to me how Swansea keep managing to secure the signings of apparently very highly paid, classy players like Bony, Michu, Gomis, Sigurdsson etc. on smaller crowds than us?

The fact that 'crowds' are not the main source of finance in football anymore?

Gooders 24-11-2014 06:22 PM

Ok, can anyone explain to me how Swansea keep managing to secure the signings of apparently very highly paid, classy players like Bony, Michu, Gomis, Sigurdsson etc. on smaller crowds than us and with the same TV income?

Actually, slightly less than us because of a lower finish in the table last year.

Precocious.Moi? 24-11-2014 06:30 PM

They have been in the top flight much longer and have much more money to spend therefore. Give us a few years and we will compete

Celestial Empire 24-11-2014 06:54 PM

A more capable scouting/negotiating team ?

exiledeagle 24-11-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooders (Post 12085059)
Can anyone explain to me how Swansea keep managing to secure the signings of apparently very highly paid, classy players like Bony, Michu, Gomis, Sigurdsson etc. on smaller crowds than us?

The Council bought their new ground so Swansea do not have to put money aside for redeveloping like us .

KungFuCharlie 25-11-2014 07:04 AM

He wants first team football, so he'll move to Arsenal? Yeah, that makes sense.

Chillo 25-11-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooders (Post 12085076)
Ok, can anyone explain to me how Swansea keep managing to secure the signings of apparently very highly paid, classy players like Bony, Michu, Gomis, Sigurdsson etc. on smaller crowds than us and with the same TV income?

Actually, slightly less than us because of a lower finish in the table last year.

Partly because:-

(a) they don't need to redevelop their stadium (though they will be contributing rent);
(b) they're in Europe this season;
(c) they're seen as a more secure PL side (i.e. less likely to be relegated).

However, the most likely reason is probably because they have a higher wage cap?

maestro 25-11-2014 05:18 PM

We'll maybe make a bid, offer his half his wages and when it falls through pick up Darren Bent om loan last day of the window

RisZero 25-11-2014 05:19 PM

I think its probably agent games but thought he had Newcastle written all over him before he went to Swansea.

Edit: Also wouldnt be surprised if Bony transfered away and the contract was just to secure compensation

BillyTKid 25-11-2014 07:55 PM

They picked him up on monster wages because there was no transfer fee. Nobody is going to pay 7m for him unless his wages are slashed by 50%. I can't see it.

CroftonEagle 25-11-2014 10:59 PM

That article seems to mention we will produce a fresh bid for Connor Wickham. After it says Gomis is reluctant to take a step down from Swans to us.

Quote: "Gomis wants regular first-team football but is reluctant to take a perceived step down. He has reservations about joining Palace hence manager Neil Warnock is lining up a fresh bid for Sunderland's Connor Wickham. A move to either Newcastle or Arsenal has obvious appeal for Gomis however."

Celestial Empire 25-11-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 12086524)
Partly because:-

(a) they don't need to redevelop their stadium (though they will be contributing rent);
(b) they're in Europe this season;
(c) they're seen as a more secure PL side (i.e. less likely to be relegated).

However, the most likely reason is probably because they have a higher wage cap?

They are planning to expand their stadium.

Celestial Empire 25-11-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroftonEagle (Post 12086962)
That article seems to mention we will produce a fresh bid for Connor Wickham. After it says Gomis is reluctant to take a step down from Swans to us.

Quote: "Gomis wants regular first-team football but is reluctant to take a perceived step down. He has reservations about joining Palace hence manager Neil Warnock is lining up a fresh bid for Sunderland's Connor Wickham. A move to either Newcastle or Arsenal has obvious appeal for Gomis however."

Ha-ha, can't you see that this is just journo clap-trap ?:rolleyes:

Far East Eagle 25-11-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 12086531)
We'll maybe make a bid, offer his half his wages and when it falls through pick up Clinton Morrison on loan last day of the window

EFA

TAK 26-11-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 12086524)
Partly because:-

(a) they don't need to redevelop their stadium (though they will be contributing rent);
(b) they're in Europe this season;
(c) they're seen as a more secure PL side (i.e. less likely to be relegated).

However, the most likely reason is probably because they have a higher wage cap?

Because of a, b, & c they are able to have a higher wage cap.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.