CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tommy Robinson possible MEP? Split Thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278621)

in-exile 05-04-2019 09:17 PM

Who created this thread because I didn't!

in-exile 05-04-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhino_mik (Post 14712756)
You'd vote for him.

Nope!

stevek 05-04-2019 09:43 PM

Anyway, far more interestingly, I've seen on Facebook that a former prominent BBSer (and ex-mod) has been asked about standing as an MEP...

Maz 05-04-2019 09:50 PM

When you say prominent, are you talking about ego?

stevek 05-04-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14716421)
When you say prominent, are you talking about ego?

Not at all. Of the many wonderful friends I have made through the BBS I would say this person was one of the least egotistical.

west country boy 05-04-2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14716425)
Not at all. Of the many wonderful friends I have made through the BBS I would say this person was one of the least egotistical.

Not Mitchell then?

Jason 05-04-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14712407)
It's been a completely remain ... Controlled attempt at leaving the EU ... Deliberately to frustrate and change the referendum decision.

Erm no. While the "negotiaton" has clearly been at best very flawed, this hasn't been the primary problem. The main issue here has been that the leave campaign one on the basis of a number of claims that were (deliberately or not) simply untrue. First and foremost the last three years has conclusively demonstrated that those claims were not true

Unfortunately, rather than acknowledge that reality when faced with it, many leave supporters have instead looked for other reasons why the impossible promises they were sold cannot come true. The "remainer conspiracy" narrative unfortunately seems to have taken hold, despite being complete nonsense.

in-exile 05-04-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 14716455)
Erm no. While the "negotiaton" has clearly been at best very flawed, this hasn't been the primary problem. The main issue here has been that the leave campaign one on the basis of a number of claims that were (deliberately or not) simply untrue. First and foremost the last three years has conclusively demonstrated that those claims were not true

Unfortunately, rather than acknowledge that reality when faced with it, many leave supporters have instead looked for other reasons why the impossible promises they were sold cannot come true. The "remainer conspiracy" narrative unfortunately seems to have taken hold, despite being complete nonsense.

You think ..many wouldn't agree.

Ian of Chatham 05-04-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14712407)
It's been a completely remain ... Controlled attempt at leaving the EU ... Deliberately to frustrate and change the referendum decision.


Good - I wish them every success.

rhino_mik 05-04-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 14716455)
Erm no. While the "negotiaton" has clearly been at best very flawed, this hasn't been the primary problem. The main issue here has been that the leave campaign one on the basis of a number of claims that were (deliberately or not) simply untrue. First and foremost the last three years has conclusively demonstrated that those claims were not true

Unfortunately, rather than acknowledge that reality when faced with it, many leave supporters have instead looked for other reasons why the impossible promises they were sold cannot come true. The "remainer conspiracy" narrative unfortunately seems to have taken hold, despite being complete nonsense.

Careful. You'll push him towards voting for Tommy if you don't cave into his incredibly unrealistic expectations.

Hpalace 05-04-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14716459)
You think ..many wouldn't agree.

Why not? Explain how it should have been done including the major stumbling block in NI. (Preferably without inventing tech that hasn’t been and will never be invented*)





* Sheila O’Brian put this one rather delicately yesterday. She said “how can tech take blood out of a cow’s rear end in a field with no idea the cow is on its way”?

in-exile 05-04-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpalace (Post 14716467)
Why not? Explain how it should have been done including the major stumbling block in NI. (Preferably without inventing tech that hasn’t been and will never be invented*)





* Sheila O’Brian put this one rather delicately yesterday. She said “how can tech take blood out of a cow’s rear end”?

The pretend hard border that nobody's going to erect .... I'll leave that to you ..

Ian of Chatham 05-04-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14712375)
If you ignore 52% you will drive a percentage to extremism! Just look at history.


I would argue that the percentage of the 52% were already at extremism before the result of the referendum was announced in 2016. If you give them an inch they will take the proverbial mile. Pander to these extremists and they will only get worse as they think they have won a mandate. Whatever type of Brexit we do end up with, I hope it is not the one they wanted.

Hpalace 05-04-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14716468)
The pretend hard border that nobody's going to erect .... I'll leave that to you ..

;) ahh. So your just really angry that your bwexit wasn’t delivered the way you wanted it and you will ignore the reasons why and bitch about it. :D

Good for you. :p

rhino_mik 05-04-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14716468)
The pretend hard border that nobody's going to erect .... I'll leave that to you ..

Oh right, so you're happy with fom. Makes one wonder what all the fuss is about.

Reps AJ 06-04-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14712375)
If you ignore 52% you will drive a percentage to extremism! Just look at history.

Yes history always shows that pandering to extremism is a good idea

Maz 06-04-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14712375)
If you ignore 52% you will drive a percentage to extremism! Just look at history.

At what part of British history should we be looking?

west country boy 06-04-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14716611)
At what part of British history should we be looking?

I'm sure that in-exile is thinking of the 12th century Anarchy or similar.

Heb 7:4 06-04-2019 10:28 AM

Can you become an MEP if you're a convicted fraudster?

If so we should probably help reform that after we remain in/return to the EU.

Wolfnipplechips 06-04-2019 10:33 AM

Regardless of the person involved I think that any criminal with a spent comviction should be able to stand for election to any parliament.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.