CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tommy Robinson possible MEP? Split Thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278621)

catty 06-04-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 14716413)
Anyway, far more interestingly, I've seen on Facebook that a former prominent BBSer (and ex-mod) has been asked about standing as an MEP...

Who?

catty 06-04-2019 05:30 PM

I've just cast my vote for the lib dem list.

Jason 07-04-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14716459)
You think ..many wouldn't agree.

You're right of course, many wouldn't agree. And that is essentially the problem. The last three years have seen such a comprehensive dismantling of leave arguments that it is simply not possible for them to be true. And yet otherwise intelligent people continue to believe things that even the most cursory of rational analysis would demonstrate to be complete nonsense.

It is that collective refusal to acknowledge reality that has led us to this point, and unless that "spell" is broken, it will be the thing that leads us to continue to pursue what is essentially a policy of national self harm.

TAK 07-04-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 14716744)
Can you become an MEP if you're a convicted fraudster?

If so we should probably help reform that after we remain in/return to the EU.

United Kingdom: In the United Kingdom, certain people are disqualified from becoming a Member of the Parliament, including those:

serving a prison sentence of more than one year;
found guilty of certain electoral offences (i.e.: corrupt or illegal practices) by the Electoral Court.
The disqualification for membership of the House of Commons lasts for the time of pursuance of the sentence.

How long did Stephen Yaxley-Lenon get? Not long enough.

old git 07-04-2019 06:24 PM

I've got a bad feeling about any EU elections. If a Brexit party fields a candidate it will Hoover up all the leave votes while the remain will split between the others.

TAK 07-04-2019 07:11 PM

Not sure as you'll have Farage's new lot and UKIP standing. can't see them coordinating between themselves.

Stellavista 08-04-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 14720092)
Not sure as you'll have Farage's new lot and UKIP standing. can't see them coordinating between themselves.

I can only think that Union are just a little bit nervous about a load more Anti-EU MEPs getting elected...

chelmsfordeagle 03-05-2019 05:53 AM

I see the racist piece of shit was milkshaked yesterday. Long may it continue, though I am sure bigGcpfc was there to lick it off him.

edited, i quoted the wrong user, I apologise on here and have done so via private message.

GreatGonzo 03-05-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 14712672)
EU protest parties shouldnít be alliwed to stand For MEPís. Their entire goal is to make the EU collapse. How can that be in the member countries interest?

So you would ban Sein Fein from running for the UK Parliament too?

GreatGonzo 03-05-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 14720092)

Latest polls have UKIP on 4/5% and Brexit party on 28-30%. It is looking possible that if the elections are held and the UK is not out of the EU by the end of June that we will be sending more Eurosceptic MEPs to Brussels this time than we did last time.

Big Gav 03-05-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle (Post 14748147)
I see the racist piece of shit was milkshaked yesterday. Long may it continue, though I am sure biggav was there to lick it off him.

What the **** are you talking about? When have I ever said I'm a supporter of Robinson?

CP-RJW 03-05-2019 12:11 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5ouRvSW...pg&name=medium

redandblue 03-05-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle (Post 14748147)
I see the racist piece of shit was milkshaked yesterday. Long may it continue, though I am sure bigGcpfc was there to lick it off him.

edited, i quoted the wrong user, I apologise on here and have done so via private message.

Assaulting any potential candidate is not acceptable we live in a democracy the price of that is that you need to allow people you disagree with to campaign in the same way you do the party of your choice.

Support the assault of any candidate only serves to highlight your own ignorance !

CP-RJW 03-05-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14748588)
Assaulting any potential candidate is not acceptable we live in a democracy the price of that is that you need to allow people you disagree with to campaign in the same way you do the party of your choice.

Support the assault of any candidate only serves to highlight your own ignorance !

https://skepchick.org/wp-content/upl...QGeueMtdPU.jpg

mushroom 03-05-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14748588)

Whilst TR is a bell... it doesnít sit that well with me that people are rejoicing in him being attacked. I can see some right wing supporter retaliating.

Thin end of the wedge n all that.

Hpalace 03-05-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14748633)
Whilst TR is a bell... it doesnít sit that well with me that people are rejoicing in him being attacked. I can see some right wing supporter retaliating.

Thin end of the wedge n all that.

First it was vanilla milkshake and next it will be strawberry. If we donít get this under control it will escalate to McFlurrys before long.

redandblue 03-05-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14748629)

All good and well but who decides the levels of acceptable tolerance and intolerance.

CP-RJW 03-05-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redandblue (Post 14748670)
All good and well but who decides the levels of acceptable tolerance and intolerance.

How about the majority of innocent people being negatively affected by the intolerance? In Tommy Robinson’s case, Muslims.

Nth Kent Eagle 03-05-2019 03:46 PM

I'm not in favour of political violence even against unpleasant candidates.

Hpalace 03-05-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 14748723)
I'm not in favour of political violence even against unpleasant candidates.

Is it violent to throw a milkshake at someone? It isnít going to hurt or physically damage anyone is it?

On the other hand punching the thrower of said milkshake three times while your thugs hold him so he canít move to protect himself is violent and quite likely to physically hurt or damage someone isnít it?

He was intimidating the bloke with his thugs and the bloke threw a milkshake at him and was punched repeatedly as a result yet the bloke is being condemned for Ďpolitical violenceí

Itís a weird world.