CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Van on holmesdale road after the game (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=277743)

salad fan club 12-01-2019 07:32 PM

Van on holmesdale road after the game

Anyone else see this ?

Anyone get the numberplate or company name on the van ?

He could have killed someone. Looked like he lost his temper and just drove at people

Hope nobody was hurt

HRP 12-01-2019 07:36 PM

This needs to be pinned to the top of the noticeboard. Very dangerous after every game

disco mixx kidd 12-01-2019 07:38 PM

Gridlock traffic in side roads with no one moving he might have had to sit in that then lost it

TopKnot 12-01-2019 07:42 PM

Was about 50 yards down the road, heard loads of shouting and saw him do a 3 point turn and speed off into a crowd of people who had to dodge out of the way. Can’t remember the name but it was some sort of plumbing/heating company van.

salad fan club 12-01-2019 07:43 PM

Some of the crowd went after him but it looks like he got away

East-End Eagle 12-01-2019 07:50 PM

Needs to be found. It was lucky no one was seriously injured / killed. And that is not over re acting.

MFBias 12-01-2019 07:51 PM

I hate ***** like this.

TopKnot 12-01-2019 07:56 PM

I don’t know why they don’t close the area for 10 mins after games, it’s amazing that no one has been hurt. There is always some nob who wants to try and drive through hundreds of people walking instead of waiting for 10 mins for the road to clear.

There was a similar barney a few weeks back with someone beeping people, words were exchanged and one guy tried to pull the door open, the driver sped off dragging him down the road.

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2019 08:02 PM

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2019 08:02 PM

The regular source of danger is cars/vans trying to drive across the 'Clifton Arms' mini roundabout despite thousands of fans flooding down Holmesdale Road from the ground.

Whilst this goes on, the police stand idly by in pairs looking the other way, no doubt more interested in thinking about what they're having for tea

Coastal Palace 12-01-2019 08:06 PM

I've lost count of the times I've seen similar down Holmesdale Road.
These ******* idiots know there'll be loads of people walking down there.

Penstone Eagle 12-01-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14590686)
The regular source of danger is cars/vans trying to drive across the 'Clifton Arms' mini roundabout despite thousands of fans flooding down Holmesdale Road from the ground.

Whilst this goes on, the police stand idly by in pairs looking the other way, no doubt more interested in thinking about what they're having for tea

Yep, they do **** all, and probably on overtime rate.

Jordan555x 12-01-2019 08:06 PM

Hate stupid ***** like this! Its your own ******* fault, its match day and your driving through Holmesdale road at full time! Moron! The crowd should have dragged him out of his van, the prick.

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14590695)
I've lost count of the times I've seen similar down Holmesdale Road.
These ******* idiots know there'll be loads of people walking down there.

I know local people have to go about their normal lives but it amazes me that they wait till 4.55 on a Saturday afternoon to decide they need to get somewhere quickly by car!

redandblue 12-01-2019 08:24 PM

Bloke was a complete Tosser we were some way away but he wound the window down and was shouting like a madman

Wolfnipplechips 12-01-2019 08:26 PM

I was directly involved in this.

Initially the twat just drove far too quickly down the road tooting and aggressive. When he got held up a group of fans kicked the side his van and called him out. He got out of his van giving it the big one and then got back in and reversed about 10 yards as quick as he could, nearly hitting the car behind him.

Next thing, he slams it in to first and drives straight at the crowd. I had to run out of the way and stumbled over as I did so, falling to the ground. My daughter was screaming, she thought he’d hit me.

Next thing he stops having driven about fifty yards. A load of us ran towards the van, he does a ridiculous three point turn, sticks it back into first and screams back up the road towards the crowd, people diving left and centre. He then pulled a quick right turn and drove off.

There’s absolutely no doubt he was trying to hit people. He’s very lucky he didn’t.

I don’t usually do hyperbole but this could be called attempted murder. He needs finding.

salad fan club 12-01-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 14590755)

Initially the twat just drove far too quickly down the road tooting and aggressive. When he got held up a group of fans kicked the side his van and called him out. He got out of his van giving it the big one and then got back in and reversed about 10 yards as quick as he could, nearly hitting the car behind him.

Next thing, he slams it in to first and drives straight at the crowd. I had to run out of the way and stumbled over as I did so, falling to the ground. My daughter was screaming, she thought heíd hit me.

Next thing he stops having driven about fifty yards. A load of us ran towards the van, he does a ridiculous three point turn, sticks it back into first and screams back up the road towards the crowd, people diving left and centre. He then pulled a quick right turn and drove off.

Thereís absolutely no doubt he was trying to hit people. Heís very lucky he didnít.

I donít usually do hyperbole but this could be called attempted murder. He needs finding.

Yep that's how I saw it , I saw someone fall over I guess that was you.

Coastal Palace 12-01-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 14590755)

Next thing, he slams it in to first and drives straight at the crowd. I had to run out of the way and stumbled over as I did so, falling to the ground. My daughter was screaming, she thought heíd hit me.

Thereís absolutely no doubt he was trying to hit people. Heís very lucky he didnít.

I donít usually do hyperbole but this could be called attempted murder. He needs finding.

******* wanker. Hope your daughter wasn't too upset.

Back in the 80's yet another similar thing happened to us walking back to Pawsons Road. My brother managed to pull the **** out of his motor and give him a good hiding.
Shame the same the same never happened today.

cappuccinoeagle 12-01-2019 08:32 PM

I wonder if anyone got his reg number? Hope so.

Joe85 12-01-2019 08:34 PM

A good description of the van would be good so if anyone see's it they can at the very least key the **** out of it.